News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

..AAR..Winslow, NJ, March 5/6, 2011..

Started by Josey Wales, March 07, 2011, 02:25:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josey Wales

..First I would like to thank Art & Dan, the two Chief RSO's that run "The South Jersey Shooting Club".  Their hospitality is impeccable and their support to Appleseed is tremendous. Thank You..
..Second I would like to thank... kDan, B9, Imker, Crak, Chainsaw, BigH, Scout, Nickle, Gunville, SgtRock, Another DOM, First Sgt Mark, MAD Mark, Spanner, Sie, VietVet, Buzzworth, for all helping me be the Shoot Boss/Instructor I am today, with all their influence and knowledge, Thank You..
..Third, to the crew who made this event a lot more special than I could have done alone.  VietVet, Dakota & Hugh, Great job!  You gave to me and to Appleseed tirelessly, you made me and Appleseed look very professional and experienced.  Thank You..

..This ground breaking event is very special.  It was the first in a long lasting relationship we expect to have.  The SJSC is dedicated to the cause and I see a fruitful relationship ahead.  In this event I saw the potential in many of our patron's the making of a NJ Instructor Crew, and I will work with all of them to mentor these results.

..I was given the pleasure to present Dakota, a very ambitious, hard working, helpfull, dedicated & understanding IIT 4, an upgrade to the Red Hat Club of America......Welcome to the NY/Team Northeast Instructor Crew!! You fit right in and are a fine addition..

..We made two new Riflemen on Sunday, Scott 228 & Rob 214, a fine example of what can be done when you know what you are about..

..Like I said to our fine patron's over this glorious weekend, "We are not a shooting club.  We are a fishing club.  These Green, Red & Orange hats you see here today are the fisher of men, woman & children.  We teach American History, cause it proves that Rifle Maksmanship is our American Heritage.  Learn to shoot today and then teach someone else to shoot tomorrow, that is what we do.."  Josey Wales..

...........Strength & Honor....................................Josey Wales....................................................................

..to hell with them fellows, buzzards gotta eat same as worms..

B9

Great job!

Congrats to the new NJ Riflemen.

Dakota, your RH is well deserved. I remember working with you at Calverton and thinking this group of LI IIT's are good... scary good.  O0
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

VietVet

I also have to say thank you to the SJSC. They treated us very well. It was a pleasure meeting Art and Dan and all I can say is WHAT A RANGE! Looking forward to a return trip.

Congrats to Dakota....he looks great in his new Red Hat. Very well deserved and you certainly earned it Mike.

Also have to thank the Shooters that attended. They hung in there and all admitted they learned.

JW ran a Shoot to be proud of. Well done Nick.

Thanks also to Hugh for coming down and IIT'ing  at this event.

Here are some photos.........

OUR
FOREFATHERS WOULD BE SHOOTING BY NOW!

dwarven1

Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Dakota

What a great shoot! 2 new riflemen, and 2 "next timers" for sure.
Everyone came to shoot, have fun, and they were eager to learn! O0
The SJSC made us feel like family, and I think we showed them what a safe, educational, fun event an AS can be.
Nick's hard work paid off and I think this will be the start of a LONG Appleseed relationship.
VietVet, always a pleasure to work with, and thanks to Hugh for making the trek down and helping everything run smoothly.

As for the promotion, I thank you for your faith and trust in me, I will do my best to set a good example and support the mission.
The guys I have learned from are a hard act to follow, but I look forward to the challenge. &)
I will be sure to thank you all personally when we see eachother next.
"A fine marksman with a second rate rifle is far more effective than the reverse." - Colonel Jeff Cooper

How good are YOU, with YOUR rifle, Today?

"If the prospect of having your thumb hit by the bolt is unacceptable do not attempt to load your Garand"-Springfield M1 Garand owners manual

R.I.P "DAKOTA" My Buddy 1/24/01 - 6/23/12

R1SGx2

Thank you SJSC for letting Appleseed in and Hats of to Josey Wales for working hard to get the door open. :bow:
I know Josey and Team did Appleseed proud.  O0 O0

VietVet the next hat I hope to see is you in a Green one,
Dakota  O0 Nice job.

11 shooters first time, nice, word of mouth will allow it to spread. The Match is lite in New Jersey. :~ :--- :~ :---

Nick, nice job 7 stepping and hats off to the whole crew for making it happen.  ..:.. ..:..
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

Josey Wales

..No snow Dwarven1, Friday was a beautiful day cleaning up the range and setting up the range.  As the weekend went buy it got progressively worse in weather, till it rained all day Sunday, but nothing a Rifleman cant handle :cool2:

sgtrock

Awwwwwesome Job Team NorthEast,,, Thank You South Jersey Shooting Club, for taking care of yours and our people so well,,, Congratulations on the Red Hat Dakota, Job Well Done,,,

Nice looking range they have there, that is an awesome bullet trap back stop, and paved too,,,

Burlington Flats this weekend 12-13 Mar, should be some snow left, we got 2 feet of the stuff last night,,,,

Great Job Guys

sgtrock

The Ranger

As Chief Range Safety Officer and Manger of South Jersey Shooting Club
In Winslow NJ, myself and my Pardner Dan Walker(CRSO,Manager NRA Instr.) would like to Welcome The Appleseed Project to our Club. This past weekend was a testament to the Professional Instructors that Appleseed has on their staff.

"Josey Wales" and the staff of Professional Instructors ("VietVet", "Dakota" & Hugh ) with him did an OUTSTANDING JOB!!

This Professionalism is why we hope to have a long and lasting relationship with The Appleseed Project!

Your HQ Should be Proud of the Job you guys did!

Again Dan Walker and I welcome you and your Program to our Club. Yep we are Very Happy! ^:)^

Arthur J Barton Jr
Manager, CRSO, NRA Instr.
South Jersey Shooting Club
Winslow, NJ 08095

Wojo

I posted all my Kudo's in the NJ section and will spare the bandwidth doing it here as well.

Josey Wales, as discussed, send me your email address so I can keep you in the loop with my lobbying efforts for Cherry Ridge. Having Art, Joe De, myself and others will support the professionalism, safety and benefits to the shooting community here in the PRNJ.

Dakota - If you need someplace to put that fresh looking pan-head, let me know...I have a family member with an empty 55 FL Frame. Me, 99 HD FXD, 78 Triumph Bonneville and my hell raiser 04 Kawasaki KLR 650. The KLR is being painted camo and will is the equivalent of having a good horse for off road harassment of the red coats.
Si vis pacem, para bellum / If your wish for peace, prepare for war.
NRA Law Enforcement Tactical Firearms Instructor
NRA and SAF Life Member
Oath Keeper - Not on My Watch

kDan

Nice work Josey Wales, setting this up from soup to nuts!  I look forward to making he trip south.  You can put me to work.  That is a nice looking range. 

Congratulations Dakota!  We knew from the start you were Red Hat material and I've no doubt you will continue to be a major asset to the program.  Long Island is proud.

Thanks to South Jersey Shooting Club for understanding and supporting our mission.  We're all in this together and we've just got to let everybody else know that.

VietVet, I hope you enjoyed your time as a Red Hat, escaping to NJ for one final go round.  teehee  Don't worry though, we'll start Dakota on that path next month.

Good news, New Jersey.  Really.  This is excellent.  I have a feeling you've got a lot of under-served shooters in your midst. 
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Big Matt

Way to go! Sounds like a very successful shoot all around. JW, your tireless efforts are amazing. Congrats to Dakota, not that I know anything, but when you took your orange hat, I told kDan and VietVet you were going to be an unbelievably good instructor. VietVet, now that Dakota has his Red Hat, is it time for you to go Green? And a special thank you to all the shooters who came out and started blazing a new trail in Central New Jersey!

B9

SJSC http://sjerseyshootingclub.com/ looks like a top notch range. Last time I was there they were mid construction of the improvements.

The shooters had a great crew to learn History, Heritage and Marksmanship from. Also I think some of the best at teaching Commitment, Dedication, Duty, Honor, Respect...... I could go on but all that attended know the rest.
I hope you all join us in this mission and bring NJ further along. You can join us by helping spread the word even before you shoot the 210+ score.

After reviewing the photos...... Josey, smile once in a while. You are so dang serious. It's only the future of mankind we are working on.  ::)
"It's very hard to engineer another countries liberation...people have to liberate themselves. Unfortunately in history, many people get killed..."
Medea Benjamin

Josey Wales

.."How could you not care for the future of man kind?"..  JW..
..For it is up to us, the citizens of the greatest Nation every devised, Citizens of The United States of America it is our responsibility to save this Republic..  Stop waiting for someone else to do it, stop hiding your head in the sand, stand up and be counted, it is time for all the good people to unite, time for the quiet majority to stay silent no more..

..B9....................Thanks.......................

kDan

What you actually said was, "How could you not care about the future of mankind?"

JW....  NY/HC....  you know what I'm talkin 'bout.  I know people like you really mean it when you say something like that.  In a diner on Long Island after everybody left.  

Mankind is the issue.
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout

Josey Wales

Quote from: kDan on March 10, 2011, 01:08:35 AM
What you actually said was, "How could you not care about the future of mankind?"

JW....  NY/HC....  you know what I'm talkin 'bout.  I know people like you really mean it when you say something like that.  In a diner on Long Island after everybody left.  

Mankind is the issue.

..kDan, You gotz it my brother!.. There really is so much at stake here, right now and the time is short..
..mankind is the issue, and it starts right here in our home, we must lead by example..
..Thanks kDan,  you all right......