News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Single-day attendance: what would I miss out on?

Started by Hack Ptui, March 06, 2011, 08:43:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hack Ptui

I've recently heard about the Appleseed project, and I'm very interested in attending, along with my 2 sons.  Unfortunately, attending on a Sunday would not work for us.  Sounds like we can attend just the first day, though, right?

Could someone tell me what happens each of the 2 days, and what we'd miss if we only come to the Saturday portion of the event?

Are there any events in TX that are held Fri-Sat?  Or any day other than on a Sunday?

TruTenacity

Welcome to Project Appleseed!

Appleseed is a 2 day rifle clinic where you will learn the foundational skills of the Rifleman.  On Saturday you will receive lessons regarding safety, sling use, different positions in which to fire the rifle, six steps of firing the shot, natural point of aim, opportunities to apply what you are being taught and much, much more.  Another significant part of the clinic is the opportunity to hear stories about our American Heritage centered around the historical events of April 18th and 19th, 1775.  On Sunday there is a brief review of the foundational teaching from Saturday.  The pace will be quicker.  More shooting.  Finer points of instruction.  And more talks on our American Heritage.  Sunday is like the icing on the cake.  The instruction comes together, and there are more opportunities to engage the Army Qualification Test and more chances to score Rifleman.   At ranges that have a long distance portion, usually on Sunday afternoon those who have been shooting well have a chance to go to longer distances.  If your schedule only allows for one day, we recommend attending on Saturday.

I'll let someone from Texas answer your other question.
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

doubleLL

Currently we do not have events on a Fri/Saturday scheduled. We have been contacted to work with Dallas and Fort Worth High Schools. Watch the schedule to see if any one day AS appear. I don't have dates right now but discussions are underway about putting something together.
"Le mieux est l'ennemi du bien."
Davilla 3-10