News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Kankakee GS

Started by Ewald, March 04, 2011, 06:13:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewald

Yes indeed boys and girls, as if Elmwood, DuPage, and the shoot at Waterman were not enough...
     ...we're confirmed for this weekend's gun show at the Kankakee County Fairgrounds! It is two day show, Saturday and Sunday. Door open at eight AM.

Had a hard day? Life getting you down? We're going to have great Appleseed weekend with all our friends. If your in the area, come on by.

Ewald

Hard to believe a whole month has gone by since we were last here singing the Appleseed song. This show did not seem as well attended as last month's. Maybe that had something to do with events in Bloomington last week. Maybe it was because this is farm country and today was a good day to do chores.

Nether the less, those who came were interested. We're looking forward to seeing some bumps in the registrations for IRSA in the coming months. We also made some new connections with brick and mortar FFLs. We set them up with in store promotional materials.

M1D and his shoemaker's elf covered Saturday. AuntieBellium came over from Indyland to help out today. Thank you all once again.

As a side note, Appleseed volunteers purchased at least 7,000 primers at this show. That should keep us busy for a little while.

M1D

My first time at Kankakee.  It seemed very poorly attended but there was a lot of talk about the accidental discharge last weekend.  Many of the people we talked to were very interested and Pappy's passion for the Mission and the program can be infectious.  I believe at least one mother who has been resistant will be on the line with her family at Bonfield this spring (the husband was pleased.)  Sometimes you just know.
Thanks to Pappy for the ride and all the lessons he has taught me.
"....with a firm reliance on the protection of Divine Providence, we mutually pledge to each other our Lives, our Fortunes and our sacred Honor."
Our first Congressmen

"It is for us the living, rather, to be dedicated to the great task remaining before us....that we here highly resolve that these dead shall not have died in vain-that this nation, under God, shall have a new birth of freedom-and that government of the people, by the people, for the people, shall not perish from the earth."
A. Lincoln

"That's what we do.  We're Americans"
USN Corpsman

Ewald

Once again The Kankakee Gun Show is coming up this weekend. It is a two day show Sat, and Sun April 16,17. The table is complimentary here. Many thanks to the Kankakee County Gun Collectors. We should confirm with them in the next few days if we are going to be there.

By now the whole Illinois crew has heard my spiel on the importance of GS Promo. I will not repeat it now. However there has been a lot of talk lately of seventh stepping with ISRA. I will point out Bonfield is three miles away.

Who's in?

Gumballhead

Any takers?

As Ewald mentioned last week, gun show season is wrapping up.  We should certainly find some time to staff a table, especially if it has been so generously donated!  How about donating some of your weekend to some good ol' 7th stepping?  We get some good traffic at shoots from gun shows.  This past weekend @ Bonfield, a more than a few people had heard ab out us at a gun show.  I specifically recognized one feller there from our gun show in DuPage last month.

What do you say??  :sos: :sos: