News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Colebrook - April 16/17, 2011 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, March 04, 2011, 05:53:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Colebrook Appleseed - April 16/17, 2011
Last Updated: April 18, 2011

Event Information

Location:The Northwestern CT Sportsmen's Association - Colebrook, CT
Date:April 16-17, 2011
Shoot Boss:The Log
Instructors/IITs:Jay Haich, freedomwon, CortJestir, Who_Me?
Pre-Registrations: 27/30
Event Information Page:http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19594.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1348981841
Flyer Download: Event Flyer: See EIP
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hats needed welcome
  • Orange Hats needed welcome
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies (The Log)
  • Pre-shoot setup (The Log, Jay Haich)

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

Jay Haich

If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

CortJestir

The Log

All right! Big jump in registrations - we were at 8 going into last weekend, now we're at 14 (I just registered Tom, and Patty is next as soon as we arrange a little daycare with the grandparents). Let's keep up the good work, and let's get a couple more instructors signed up - it's going to be a long line  ..:..
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

CortJestir

So that would be +3 today with Ti and Pete.  O0

I'll be there to help instruct this time. I think we've got enough on the line for me not to play student.  ;) Sending PM to IS momentarily. So you all will have to put up with me for yet another weekend. Hehehehe.

The Log

Don't mind having you there at all, Boss. I think I'm going to need some help with the Volley for Liberty, anyway.

</log>

freedomwon

I'll be there for the pre-shoot set up as well.
And, with doughnuts and coffee too :)   Phil

The Log

Glad you'll be there Phil - planning to up-level?

As of today, EventBrite shows us at 16 pre-registered - we're more than half way to a sell out!! ^:)^

Now's the time to step up our Seventh Stepping efforts. We've got the Cabela's promo this weekend, so hopefully Vernic82 and Co. will drum up some shooters for both the Colebrook and Chaplin shoots. The Logs are going to hit NWCSA this weekend for the military appreciation day trap shoot, so maybe we can get some of our ANG members interested.

Let's make sure our usual spots are fully stocked with trifolds and event fliers. As an extra draw, the latest shoot boxes include an 8.5x11 poster of the "AR Girl" that looks very classy and would probably be noticed more than our usual event fliers, especially on a bulletin board crowded with other black-and-white fliers and notices. I have a bunch of those if anyone is interested in posting them - you just might want to get a white or silver Sharpie and write upcoming shoot info in the black space below the photo.

As an alternative, you can print up the standard CT flier on something other than plain white paper - neon color stock would work, and is readily available at your local Walmart (much cheaper than at Staples). The neon would really pop on a crowded bulletin board - not as classy as the "Crazy Eyes" poster, but should be effective.

The latest shoot boxes also have a large version of the "AR Girl" poster - about 18x24. I've got a bunch of those if anyone wants them.

Let's start thinking about non-standard locations for trifolds and fliers. There are only so many people going into CT gun stores every day, but there are many times that who go to the local Quickie Mart or Stop & Shop. If you find a receptive venue, post it so we can imitate your success in another location. I've tried public libraries, with limited success, sadly.

And let's not forget our personal Seventh Stepping efforts. Please try to personally ask at least two people to attend this shoot, and feel free to post your results here. I've heard from Pete D. who was at the December Colebrook shoot with his grandsons, and he'll be returning with his granddaughters this time! I'm also working on my SIL and her husband and kids. And of course, my son Tom is signed up, and Mrs. Log will probably be there too.

Keep up the good work, promo crew!

</log>

Who_Me?

"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

freedomwon

I would be happy to up-level and instruct accordingly. Well, maybe not happy, but..... Anyway, I have a feeling that if I should get something wrong or forget a point, that I will hear a calm and clear voice emanating out from under the wise and experienced red hat who will be nearby to help catch me, let me down gently, and ease the agony and awkwardness of the "newbee" instructor. Yea...I'm in!  :bow: Phil
Thank you Who_Me?

The Log

Quote from: freedomwon on March 20, 2011, 07:16:22 PM
Anyway, I have a feeling that if I should get something wrong or forget a point, that I will hear a calm and clear voice emanating out from under the wise and experienced red hat who will be nearby to help catch me, let me down gently, and ease the agony and awkwardness of the "newbee" instructor.
Something like, "DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY, MAGGOT!!!"  ++)

We're looking good - Eventbrite says we're up to 19, and we're still two weeks out. Keep up the good work - let's shake the bushes and get some people off their couches!

</log>

CortJestir

If I play my cards right, I'm going to have a slew of folks coming thanks to Ti 7th Stepping everyone she knows.  :) I may need to purchase more LTRs. I could think of worse things to spend money on, frankly.  :---

The Log

Quote from: CortJestir on March 30, 2011, 12:14:15 AM
If I play my cards right, I'm going to have a slew of folks coming thanks to Ti 7th Stepping everyone she knows.  :) I may need to purchase more LTRs. I could think of worse things to spend money on, frankly.  :---
If a "slew" is anywhere close to 11, they better get to signing up fast, because that's all the space we have left  ..:..

As for the LTRs, I'm going to be a little short as well. Luckily, Marlin is still offering their $25 rebate on the 795, so it's a good deal.

Tell Ti thanks for the effort, and that we're looking forward to dragging her over the line. I'll have to make sure Jay Haich is assigned as her personal coach when I come up with the POI.

</log>

freedomwon

I'll bring two 10/22 LTRs and one mini14 LTR as some spare back-up as well.
Oh, and about this: Something like, "DROP AND GIVE ME FIFTY, MAGGOT!!!"   
I won't mind the MAGGOT part, I was in the Army, remember! But the fifty is going to hurt :'(

The Log

Quote from: freedomwon on March 31, 2011, 12:18:21 AM
I'll bring two 10/22 LTRs and one mini14 LTR as some spare back-up as well.
As long as all that artillery doesn't take up valuable donut-carrying space in your vehicle, everything will be fine.

Quote from: freedomwon on March 31, 2011, 12:18:21 AM
I won't mind the MAGGOT part, I was in the Army, remember! But the fifty is going to hurt :'(
OK, we'll make it forty - as in "forty winks." Even I can do that.  $$-0

</log>

CortJestir

Hooooo...doggy! +4 between yesterday and this morning... Need to confirm if Ti's 7th Stepping efforts paid off. Phil, I may ask for those loaners if that's the case.

The Log

That's right - only seven away from a sell-out!!!

Keep up the good work - and don't forget to send some business out to Chaplin if that works better for folks.

</log>

TOMINCT

I dropped off some fliers at Sportsman's Outpost in Wolcott last weekend. HTH.
crak's battle road IBC 10-09
Ramseur 2-12!
ninsho's battle road IBC 6-13

freedomwon

Should be a good weekend. No problem Cortjester. Happy to help and I hope the Ti's group can make it. Plenty of room in the car for doughnuts & coffee and artillery. Log, forty winks I can handle! Hope you all had a great weekend. Phil

The Log

Almost there - 25 down, five to go!! ..:..

Who's going to reel in those last five fishies so we can say we bagged our limit? I'll be presenting to the New Haven Raccoon Club membership on Monday - hopefully that will get some interest in coming up to the north for this shoot so they can come back to their home club and say, "Gotta get us some of that!" Might also drive some business to the other side of the state.

Keep up the good work!

</log>

The Log

Hey - maybe it worked! Two more signed up - we're up to 27!! Anybody know three folks they can drag along?

</log>