News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Any FFL Seeder in Ill?

Started by 2 clicks low, March 02, 2011, 04:24:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Hi,

The post in Deals & Steals for the Ruger Discount program tempts me to buy an extra LTR or two but the FFL's I have spoken to wanted $40.00. This brings the price up to where it is not so much of a deal.

So... does any Illinios AppleSeeder have a FFL? If so would you cut a deal?

Thanks

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

CharlieHotel

Keep in mind you are not paying any tax or shipping either. I would still challenge you to find a 10/22 carbine out the door for $211. But I agree FFL transfers are too high. We have a few local dealers here on the island that give discounts to LongIslandfirearms.com members 25$. that keeps it under $200 all said and done. check ur local dealers, try and get other instructors in your area to organise a group buy etc....
"A good plan executed perfectly is better than a perfect plan executed poorly"

"As steel sharpens steel, so one man sharpens another"

"It's not the dope 'ON' the rifle, but the one behind it!" - Unknown PMI, Parris Island, SC 1984

So speak and so act as those who will be judged by the law of Liberty.
For Judgement comes without mercy for those who have shown no mercy, Mercy shall triumph over judgement.
James 2:12-13

Castle Mountain

American Firearms and Ammunition only charged us $15.00 for
Two lower receivers.  Call me and I will confirm this as an Appleseed partner vendocheers
?
CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Wade

Got Tired of looking for a Rifle Range So we Dug one up!
WOOF!
4 box's #1 the soap box#2 the letter box #3 the ballot box #4 the cartridge box, The founding fathers picked up the Cartridge box so that WE could use the first 3,,IMO If you don't use those 3 then you dishonour the founding Fathers !

nyrasgt

Ruger IPP prices for the 2011 program, as listed, freight prepaid, no tax, are #1167, 10/22-CRR @ $195.92 and #1103, 10/22-RB @ $171.74. 
Am sure with really diligent searching could beat those prices, but the tax and shipping would also tend to raise the price...some FFLs are nice enough to hadle for little or minimal fee - others looking to amortize the money the gummint charges them to be an FFL...
   Ruger will also sell you any other models, of 10/22 or anything else, for appx the same discount.  And, yes, would still have to add studs, swivels, and tech sights, until we convince Ruger to build and market an AS-LTR 10/22...
Excelsior,
madMark
PS  Also hear from Ruger no more print catalogs - only on-line...and
    Still waiting on S&W...beginning to look as if they're not interested, despite having sent them an AS Instructor Manual along with a copy of the Ruger IPP sheet that lists, specifically, AS Instructors...
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Garand69

As Wade said... EEL is your man
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

2 clicks low

Yankeedutch

How does one go about getting an instructor ceritificate that Ruger will recognize?
Do we send them a picture of our hats?
"Silence in the face of evil is itself evil: God will not hold us guiltless. Not to speak is to speak. Not to act is to act."
Dietrich Bonhoeffer

"No one could make a greater mistake than he who did nothing because he could do only a little."
Edmund Burke

2 clicks low

Apple Seed issues credentials to Red Hats. Stick with it and you will be there in no time. While I'm working on my RH, I am using my NRA instructor and DNR hunter safety instructor credentials.

2cl

Quote from: Yankeedutch on March 04, 2011, 01:22:59 PM
How does one go about getting an instructor ceritificate that Ruger will recognize?
Do we send them a picture of our hats?

channelizer

I'm an  FFL and would be willing to help out PM me.I'm in Danville if thats any closer to where you are
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

2 clicks low

Quote from: channelizer on March 21, 2011, 09:09:07 PM
I'm an  FFL and would be willing to help out PM me.I'm in Danville if thats any closer to where you are
I'm live behind enemy lines (Chicago). EEL is not too far away in the burbs.
But thanks for the offer.
2cl

channelizer

no problem any time !!!!!! wish i could has helped out
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson