News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Impressive WW2 shooter

Started by The Wolfhound, March 02, 2011, 09:55:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Wolfhound

Hilemark

Very impressive! A five inch grouping at 1000 yards! WOW!

GoldFish

"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

sashok.privetov

More modern marksmen:
http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/books/8376808/Dead-Men-Risen-The-snipers-story.html

From the article: "Up to about 900 metres, they would aim at an insurgent's head, beyond that at the chest."
There's a standard we should aspire to.

"Major Mark Gidlow-Jackson, their company commander, describes Potter and Osmond as the "epitome of the thinking riflemen" that his regiment sought to produce."

"Thinking Riflemen". Now where have I heard that before?
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

The Wolfhound

Darn! Yet another book to buy and read.  I love that they call a "Two for" a Quigley.   Has anyone ever offered Tom Selleck an Appleseed?