News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April Battle Road AIBC

Started by Glock23, March 02, 2011, 08:43:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glock23

Who from the CT crew is planning on attending the Fred AIBC in April? I know JH and I are signed up. We're looking at coordinating car pools and hotel rooms...

fprintf

I will be there. I will likely be staying at a friend's house in Andover on Saturday night, which is about 30 minutes away.

edit: for those perusing the CT board and wondering, the AIBC (Advanced Instructor Boot Camp) is being held for instructors, orange hats, red hats and shoot bosses, to polish their skills and hear from the founder of the program. Yet more things the instructors do to deliver the best marksmanship and history instruction in the country!
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

vernic82

I'm registered - I'm only little over 1 hour from Battle Road so I'll be Day tripping.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

CortJestir

I'll be going, but I'm staying at my BIL's in Newton.
CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

The Log

The entire cord of Logs will be making the trip, with WhoMe? and I attending the AIBC while the rest of the crew goes into Boston for some crunchy museum goodness. We'll be going up on Friday, and we'll probably stay in the same hotel we stayed in last time we went to Fenway. It was the Quality Inn on Bedford Street, and it was just fine for the purpose - clean, quiet, safe and affordable. We got a suite, which was sweet, and the "free" breakfast was plentiful. It's a good location for those attending the AIBC, since it's handy to Lexington Green, but a little out of the way for those heading to Boston on the T - we had to drive to Newton and ride the Green Line, but that was actually our plan anyway. Our problem this time will be that Patty needs the car to get to Newton, and Liz and I need to get to the Green. The hotel has a shuttle bus, which may help, or maybe someone for the CT or MA crew with two extra spots can squeeze us in. Worst case, we get a cab.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

The Old Guide

We have a van and may stay at the Bedford Street location. Time to make a reservation.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

CortJestir

Another thought... not to impose, but maybe our Massachusetts brothers and sisters can open up home and hearth for those who need it.

Glock23

I like the idea of a central hotel with a free breakfast - gives us more socialization time, and free breakfast. I will likely be driving up with JH, but will have room for 2 comfortably, 3 uncomfortably, in the backseat for local commuting.

fprintf

Quote from: CortJestir on March 02, 2011, 12:04:45 PM
Another thought... not to impose, but maybe our Massachusetts brothers and sisters can open up home and hearth for those who need it.

On the official AIBC thread mike93lx has already opened up his home to attendees, it might be worth asking in that thread if there are others.
http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19367.msg154271#msg154271
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

The Log

I thought we might "go green" and take the bus, but I checked the MBTA schedule and the number 62 bus that goes down Bedford Street doesn't make it's stop in front of the hotel on Saturdays, and doesn't run at all on Sunday. Looks like we might try to stow away in the New Milford contingent's car.

crak

Quote from: The Log on March 02, 2011, 01:20:28 PM
I checked the MBTA schedule and the number 62 bus that goes down Bedford Street doesn't make it's stop in front of the hotel on Saturdays, and doesn't run at all on Sunday.

Lucky you!
Check your drama at the door.

Glock23

OK, on a somewhat unrelated note, I followed fprintf's link to the MA board on the subject and realized I may have accidentally paid $70, thinking I did not fall into the group if "IITs who have attended an RBC or IBC Before". Was this changed after the fact, or did I just make a $70 donation to the RWVA? I don't mind paying, but I'm just confused....

Nickle

If it was a mistake, PM RifleWoman on it.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

Western Rose

Actually, email info@appleseedinfo.org

Old Glory (through info@appleseedinfo.org) is the one who takes care of this kind of thing right now.

Thanks for bring this up. I'll go hide the paying category so that others will know to sign up in the free category.
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

crak

Navigating the registration is the first test of the Advanced IBC.  Your next assignment is to look up the email for requesting refunds.  You'll know what to do when you find it.  

This will qualify you as an RWVA certified refund technician, and a valuable asset to any shoot boss wondering "what was that @$#&!ing address" when answering all those emails from no-shows on a rainy Sunday night in wet socks.

Thank you for your AIBC participation.  Stay tuned for even more advanced Appleseed lessons, like "Rule 22 and You" and "Surprise!  Your shoot box only had a cinder block in it!"
Check your drama at the door.

Glock23

Quote from: crak on March 02, 2011, 03:42:35 PM
Navigating the registration is the first test of the Advanced IBC.  Your next assignment is to look up the email for requesting refunds.  You'll know what to do when you find it.  

This will qualify you as an RWVA certified refund technician, and a valuable asset to any shoot boss wondering "what was that @$#&!ing address" when answering all those emails from no-shows on a rainy Sunday night in wet socks.

Thank you for your AIBC participation.  Stay tuned for even more advanced Appleseed lessons, like "Rule 22 and You" and "Suprise!  Your shoot box only had a cinder block in it!"

Oh man, does that mean I failed the first test? Will I have to carry around the cinder block as punishment the whole AIBC weekend, while trying not to violate Rule 22??

Nickle

You know, I might even have to make an appearance there myself.
They have men amongst them who know very well what they are about, having been employed as Rangers against the Indians and Canadians and this country being much covered with wood, and hilly, is very advantageous for their method of fighting. . . . ".  Lord Percy

Sounds like New Englanders to me.

The Log

Quote from: Glock23 on March 02, 2011, 04:38:30 PM
Will I have to carry around the cinder block as punishment the whole AIBC weekend, while trying not to violate Rule 22??
Not only will you have to carry it around, you'll have to maintain proper cheek weld on it the entire weekend. You might want to bring some lotion for the ride home on Sunday.

vernic82

The Vernic Homestead is a little over an hour away but is open to anyone who's further and can't find a place closer.  Most o' you know, there's plenty o' room inside and out for the hearty types.
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

nyrasgt

However, the Refund Police may also choose to include, along with the dreaded cinder block of shame, a dictionary as a nice "suprise." (sic)
Sorry, ck, so much for will power...must have been distracted by the need for clients and training cadre for DB in late March (have to be Battlefield again, as I'm told by ADOM that Ft. Tico not open then.
Excelsior, and again sorry about the vile typo...
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Jay Haich

Quote from: The Log on March 02, 2011, 10:56:45 AM
The entire cord of Logs will be making the trip, with WhoMe? and I attending the AIBC while the rest of the crew goes into Boston for some crunchy museum goodness. We'll be going up on Friday, and we'll probably stay in the same hotel we stayed in last time we went to Fenway. It was the Quality Inn on Bedford Street, and it was just fine for the purpose - clean, quiet, safe and affordable. We got a suite, which was sweet, and the "free" breakfast was plentiful. It's a good location for those attending the AIBC, since it's handy to Lexington Green, but a little out of the way for those heading to Boston on the T - we had to drive to Newton and ride the Green Line, but that was actually our plan anyway. Our problem this time will be that Patty needs the car to get to Newton, and Liz and I need to get to the Green. The hotel has a shuttle bus, which may help, or maybe someone for the CT or MA crew with two extra spots can squeeze us in. Worst case, we get a cab.

Glock23 and JH are carpooling and booked into the Bedford Quality Inn for Fri and Sat nites.
If you are not part of the solution, then you are part of the problem.

Fred; Quoted (out of context) at an IBC on Battle Road 2011 "All it takes is a Red Hat and a Sharpie to run an Appleseed."
We ALL know this is not true and I would like to thank all the Hats, Admin and other volunteers that are involved in making an Appleseed Shoot happen.....

Who_Me?

Heeheehee! this is going to be so awesome! almost all of the active CT crew is shipping out to MA!
"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

fprintf

Is there a list of activities/times for this event?  I am trying to plan either coming up on Friday or early Saturday morning and then make arrangements to crash at a friend's house... but may have to seek alternatives if we are going crazy late!

CortJestir

EIP (which is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20956.0) says we muster on Lexington Green at 0900 on Saturday. Doesn't say anything about ending times, though.

The Log

Quote from: Glock23 on March 02, 2011, 12:25:45 PM
I like the idea of a central hotel with a free breakfast - gives us more socialization time, and free breakfast. I will likely be driving up with JH, but will have room for 2 comfortably, 3 uncomfortably, in the backseat for local commuting.
The Logs are booked at the Lexington Comfort Inn on Bedford Road - the one Lt. Jesse Adair was heading down before Pitcairn stopped him, BTW. We got a suite again. Looking forward to staying up all night with the CT crew and short-sheeting beds.

</log>

The Old Guide

We are also booked into the Comfort Inn for Friday night only. We'' be in Maine for Saturday. The whole week will be an Appleseed walkabout starting at Lebanon the prior weekend.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

dwarven1

Quote from: CortJestir on March 15, 2011, 05:13:43 PM
EIP (which is here: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20956.0) says we muster on Lexington Green at 0900 on Saturday. Doesn't say anything about ending times, though.

When we wear Crak out. Crak's like the energizer bunny - just keeps going and going.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

lupis42

If anyone needs a place to crash, I've got couch space and an air-mattress in Marlborough, MA (about half an hour from where we're going).

You can never be too rich, too good looking, or too well armed.