News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Iron Sight / Scope Patch

Started by Sadman, March 01, 2011, 10:56:10 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sadman

I searched a little to see if this question had already been asked but I couldn't find anything.

I was just curious, was there ever any consideration for a scope/iron designation for the rifleman patch?  I saw several scope rifleman scores at the AS event I attended but I don't recall any iron sight rifleman scores.  Perhaps that difference is not really important to the AS mission.  I didn't want to post that question on the national discussion area, thought I would see if anyone in NC had already asked and received an answer.

Regards,

Sadman

eaglescouter

Currently there is no distinction between sight types, there is simply Rifleman or Cook.

I've earned mine both with irons and optics, semi auto and bolt, sun and clouds, hot and cold. 
Old Guy:  Do it long enough and you get really good at it.

Rifleman:  Sacramento:  Four Ought Nine
Full Distance:  Red Bluff:  What year was that?
Pistoleerâ„¢:  Hat Creek:  Three Twenty One

Make yourselves good scouts and good rifle shots in order to protect the women and children of your country if it should ever become necessary.
--Lord Baden-Powell
Scouting for Boys (1908)

hawkeye

We encourage iron sights but a scope is okay. I earned my patch at a boot camp with a Garand just for the challenge and have since shot rifleman scores with a 10/22,1917,1903a3,1903A4,M1C, M14, FN49, and am working on shooting a rifleman score with a PPS43. So about anything works, you can make it as challenging as you want.   
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Sadman

Eaglescouter / Hawkeye,

Thanks for the feedback!  I continue to be humbled by you guys.  Hawkeye, I can't even imagine how difficult it would be to shoot rifleman with the PPS!!!

Thanks!