News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

College Station Shoots

Started by olarmy58, February 28, 2011, 08:21:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

olarmy58

I see the CS shoots have been added to this year's schedule.  I'm planning to make some of them but am a novice at this stuff and don't know what to expect.  Are such things as slings and chamber flags typically available for sale at the shoots?  I have two rimfire rifles, Marlin 39a and 60 with sling swivels but no GI type sling, so if I can't buy something there I'll have to mount a search for a suitable sling.

Baminal

Glad to hear you will be up in my neck of the woods.

First, check the Deals and Steals portion of the forum, there is a link were I purchased 2 slings before my first Appleseed.  I have also seen them sold online by Midway, Cheaper than Dirt and Sportsman's Guide all at less than $10/ea

Second, if all else fails, most instructors have a spare one hanging around thier car or truck that can be put into use in a pinch.

The most important thing is showing up, and a sling just increases your ability to score high.

Baminal
The death of democracy is not likely to be an assassination from ambush.  It will be a slow extinction from apathy, indifference and undernourishment.
Robert Maynard Hutchins, Educator (1899-1977)

Love you liberty and fight for it like men who know its value.  Once lost, it will never, never be regained.
Capt. Hugh Ledlie (1720-1798)

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

The chamber flags are free if you are a shooter on the line.  :)

If your rifle(s) have 1.25" sling swivels installed we generally have a USGI sling we can loan you. I keep a couple in my range bag and sometimes pull slings off rifles I own.  

So far there are NO pre-registered shooters for the March CS shoot.  &)

This range is wonderful! Come on out!
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.

barbaraparis

Hi I do not know how to start a new post but I saw I can send a reply and since oit looks like you have created so many  posts I picked you to help me..the following is my post for all people..Hi all, my 2 kids and I will be be going on our very first weekend outing in college station  Tx. this weekend.My son is 12 ans my daughter is 16 and I am  oh wait my age is not necessary. My xhusband is not invovled at all in my kids and it is taking a toll on my son.I thought this type of a thing would be a perfect guy thing for him.And my daughter and I can also learn a thing or two. Yet I realize the weekend is here almost and we have no guns !! I have never shot a gun in my whole life..You believe that?? So what should we do? Should we put it off for another weekend?any ideas?
Thanks for any thoughts.
Speak softly but carry a big stick!

Sir Not Appearing In This Film

Hi Barbara,

I'm sending you an email.

How did you learn of Appleseed?

Regards,

Steve
Ladyseed Man Slave

"In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing, the next best thing is the wrong thing, and the worst thing you can do is nothing." - Theodore Roosevelt

Attitudes are contagious. I hope mine is worth catching.