News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Ramseur,NC 2/26-27/2011

Started by 7.62BBQ, February 28, 2011, 07:28:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

7.62BBQ

Someone left a rifle at the range on Sunday. PM me if you can't find your favorite smokepole.

I'll finish the AAR after work tonight...

hawkeye

I'll chime in until our shoot boss finished searing the pig flesh tonight. We had a beautiful NC February weekend ,Sunday was T-shirt weather Like All the Appleseeds I've worked I'm impressed at the caliber of folks that attend , they want to be there and drink from the fire hose of information that we put out. We had Air Force ROTC students there that performed out standing, thank you Paul for bring them out. Sunday they were up on the 500 yard line shooting our Garands, ARs and other rifles that we had and buy the results they must have paid attention. One student was shooting very well out to 400 yards, I wish we had more ammo that we could turn them loose with. Seeing those Fathers and sons, ROTC cadets and complete family's restores my faith in our country.   
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Sadman

To all the Appleseed volunteers, THANK YOU!

My son and I attended the event this weekend at Ramseur.  We have not stopped talking about it yet.  The rest of the family keeps trying to inject a change in subject matter but I don't think it will happen this month!!!

I learned so much this weekend and I got a chance to see my son be inspired.  I have to specifically thank Lawrence.  He left a real impression on Josh with the dangerous old men stories and when Josh was able to tighten up those shot groups using the peep sights, his enthusiasm grew by leaps and bounds.  All of the Appleseed volunteers were awesome.  I can't thank you enough for your patience, instruction, and inspiration.

Much gratitude,

O0
Sadman

Toshbar

Photos as promised,

New Riflemen:

New IITs Ashley, Allan, and Tyler:

Great weekend!   O0

~Toshbar
The welfare of humanity is always the alibi of tyrants.

CplTurner

Some more pix from our packed firing line!

Congratulations to our new Riflemen, and to Allan, Ashley and Tyler for taking the "Orange hat of Destiny"
USMC '91-'95
MOS 3521
4th Award Expert
Competitive Marksmanship Unit
Far East Division Matches