News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lapeer, MI, February 26-27, 2011

Started by Gopher Boy, February 28, 2011, 09:02:03 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Gopher Boy

Spring training has started that's pretty obvious...  Seems the Spirits of Issac Davis, Jonathan Parker, Sparky Anderson and Harry Cary were with us in Lapeer.

All I have to say is.....  "Holy Cow!"

The shooters...  The History...  The Rifleman...  NEW IITS...  OLD IITS.....  WOW

Oh and another thing....  A NEW SHOOT BOSS.

InTheBurbs was ran over by the bus and Just because we were so close to Detroit we put it in reverse and backed up over him.  Like any reformed New Yorker he replied...  "Hey...  I working here...  Is that all you got!"

After thinking about that statement for a few minutes and deciding that handling the situtation the Chicago way would not be a good Idea.  I promoted him instead.

So Burbs...  Since now your the man driving the bus...   Get BACK TO WORK and Take it away!

Wasn't Raph Cramden a Bus driver from New York...  "Oh of these days Alice...  Straight to the Moon"

PS...  Thank for letting me play with Uncle Miltty
   **)
G.B.

Shooter30-06

Congratulations Bill!  If you can handle that bunch of miscreants that you had at the Ottawa IBC then you can handle anything.  Way to go!
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Superheat

Ditto G.B. Holy Cow!  ^:)^
9 out of 15 new RIFLEMEN at a winterseed.  
Plus Trackman reconfirm at 243! way to go. May be a Michigan High?..
Three new IIT's  HUZZAH!
AND the Cherry on top Michigan has a New Shoot boss!
ITB ..:..
Or was it Macarthur   &)
And of course a Superheat BOW to the 3 BOLT action riflemen  :bow: :bow: :bow:  
This one will be hard to top.  But we will try.

Grindstone

Another great shoot. Congratulations shooters on a battle won against ignorance, apathy and wintery weather.

trackman

To all the Appleseed Staff,  Thank you.
The Results of the Shoot are the Proof of your Skill, Dedication, and knowledge of what Appleseed is about.
Congratulations ITB for making Shoot Boss, GB's Truck Thanks You as well.
Congratulations Superheat for Making Instructor, HUZZAH!
Congratulations IIT,s  Maybe you will see me there Someday.
Thanks to all for without you I would Not have been able to Post a 243 Score. ^:)^ ..:..
Now I must do it again.  Isn't there something about 3 times to prove something.
There were many Amazing things this past weekend.
Dean did a 231 WITHOUT A SLING! That's Impressive, Once a Marine always a Marine.
3 People Made Riflemen with Bolt action Rifles.
A lot of High Scores, 2 Different people had 224, If I remember Correctly.
The History Lesson on the 5,000 Michigan Solders at the end of WWI was great.
All of this above at a Winterseed. HUZZAH indeed.
Oh yeah, Sunday I shot Mostly in Short Sleeves, Winterseed, Bring it on!
Those who do not learn from History are Doomed to Repeat it.
Learn from others Mistakes, you do not Live Long Enough to make them all Yourself.

starjammir

I attended my first Appleseed this weekend at Lapeer, and it really was fun.
I went through a ton of ammo (which is always good) and learned a ton.  I am going to use some of the stuff I learned over the weekend toward my CMP shoots that I attend around here in MI for my Garand. 
I also want to thank everyone whom made this possible.  I can't wait for the next one! 
Bolt actions rule!
Bill H..... High score 228 with 68 year old bolt action.

Gumballhead

Looks like you guys had a great time.  More snow than we had in Racine too!  :cool2:.

Congratulations to the new riflemen, IIT's, and Soot Boss!

Great job guys, see you on the trail!

sprocket58

Thanks to everyone who got off the warm comfy sofa and away from the TV.....Let's go Michigan!!!!!!!!!

BeeFree

Make Orwell Fiction Again!

tenthumbs

First, Someone left a Thermos at the Pistol Building. Identify It and I will Get It back to You Somehow.

Now, My Observations.

Instruction is Everything.

I Put around 1500 Rounds Downrange in the Preceding Weeks to the Shoot....My high Score was 195 with a low of 142 in 12 timed AQT's. An Average of 184. I just could NOT Break even into the 200's.

on my first AQT after the Instruction of the Appleseed Staff on Sat. I Broke Through and Shot a 213. However My Grandson [15] Scored 220 on His First try. O0 Boy did I Hear about That. :-[ I could not be more Proud.

Dave [Q factor/Source can't Remember which.. Sorry], My Grandson Zack, and Myself were the First Three on Sat. to Earn a Winterseed in MI.

Zack and I were also Honorer to Raise the Color's on the first Winterseed in MI. [ we need a Flag and Salute Smiley]

To Prove to Myself that the 213 was not a Fluke. I Shot 6 AQT's on Sunday with a high of 224 and a low of 213. an Average of 217.....A 33 Point Average Improvement  2 more targets that I didn't get 2 shot off [Stovepipe Jams] in the seated Position were 206, and 208, Lowering My Average to 215 on 8 Targets.

To My 'Homies' Trackman, Snap, starrjammir.....I'm 'gunnin' for Ya. Or, maybe I'll just send the Kid!!

To everyone Else....You are All Welcome at LCSC. PM Me if You need a Little 'Trigger Time' I would Love to Host Any of You as My Guest!

The big Thing for Me was ITB demonstrating NPOA and the Effects of Breathing....the Rifleman's Cadence I believe It's Called. The Laser on the Target and watching how the Rhythmical Breathing cycle moves the POA was something that turned on a Light for Me.

I had been Practicing a Technique that I Teach in the MI Hunter Education Class [a state Mandated Curriculum] to wit: Take a Breath, Exhale half, Squeeze the Trigger.

GB Explained that the only natural Pause in our Breathing is at the end of the Exhale...Sqeeeeze then. O0 Maybe the State of MI will Catch up With Appleseed someday. :-\

History.

The Recounting of the Events in 1775 by all the Instructors were Excellent. They Made You feel as though You were There.

Gopher boy, in the Burbs, Miki, Sprocket 58, Grindstone.... Who did I Forget???

Oh yea, Superheat. Wow!! what a Telling of the First Strike. Grand Slam, Hole in One, Hat Trick....Any Sports Metaphor for Excellence You can Imagine.

He told the Story as if He had Personally Witnessed the Events. I've come to know Him and His Family in the last few Years as we both are LCSC Members and have Shot Together often. He is a True American Patriot and I Believe He Would have been Standing Shoulder to Shoulder with the Founders of Our Great Nation, had He been of that Era. Appleseed is Fortunate to have Someone as Dedicated to the Cause as He. :bow:

Howard

tenthumbs

Forgot a Pic somehow.  :-[

Mr.Freedom

Quote from: tenthumbs on March 02, 2011, 02:21:18 AM

Forgot a Pic somehow.  :-[

And I thought New Englanders were tough!!! Look at these folks....Just caps and no gloves or mittens, awesome. Great after action report too!!
Don't Ever Forget 9/11

I Pray Not For An Easy Life, But That I Become A Strong Person.

THESE are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands by it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph Thomas Paine

ITB

Great shoot, everyone!  Wow, what a great way to start the year.  Three new IIT's, nine new riflemen (three were using bolt guns!!!), and a bunch of instructor promotions.  What's not to like?

Thanks to all of our shooters for having such great attitudes in spite of the cold and snow.  You all were a joy to instruct.

To our new IIT's - Q-source, tossedcookies and waveman - thanks for stepping up to help us help America.  Michigan needs more people like you.

To the other instructors - thanks for shaking out the cobwebs and hitting the ground running.  Sprocket58 and Grindstone are well on their way towards a Red Hat.   ~~:)

And finally, to Gopher Boy - thanks for all of your mentoring and guidance.  Our success in Michigan is the direct result of your efforts.   :bow:

"I will either set my country free, or shed my last drop of blood to make her so." -  Dr. Joseph Warren

" ITB glides through the highways of the Midwest like a Velvet Fog, unfettered by mortal speed limits, leaving only the knowledge of American Heritage and Marksmanship (and a faint whiff of ghost pepper sauce) in his wake." - Oz

CF KD requal - Muenster, TX  11/25/23

mac66

Wow,  I am signed up for my first Appleseed at Lapeer the end of this month. Now I am really excited.  My 20 year old daughter is coming home from college that weekend just to shoot with me. She's excited too!
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

hawkhavn

OK, that does it!
I HAVE to make a trip north this year!
Great shoot everyone.

HH
Criticism is the only known antidote to error.  David Brin

What a nation has done, a nation can aspire to.
Dr. Jerry Pournelle

Throughout history, poverty is the normal condition of man. Advances which permit this norm to be exceeded — here and there, now and then — are the work of an extremely small minority, frequently despised, often condemned, and almost always opposed by all right-thinking people. Whenever this tiny minority is kept from creating, or (as sometimes happens) is driven out of a society, the people then slip back into abject poverty.

This is known as "bad luck."
---Robert Anson Heinlein

"Great things have been effected by a few men well conducted." - George Rogers Clark

"Appleseed is a safe place to learn because they care. They have the confidence and serenity of spring gardeners." 1IV on AR15.com