News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR: Lebanon, CT February 26-27 (Mudseed)

Started by vernic82, February 28, 2011, 10:21:13 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

vernic82

A Second Chance for a Winterseed in Lebanon, CT this year?  

NOPE!  

More like Mudseed!

Ahh mud season has come to New England!

8 shooters at this shoot produced 3 new Riflemen and vast improvement in the skill level of every shooter in attendance!

How the days played out:

Day 1 began with the Safety Briefing then a red coat.  We jumped right into teaching how to build a solid prone position and sling usage. We continued with the 6 Steps, Steady Hold Factors, NPOA, Ball and Dummy and IMC, with each spaced in between sighter groups. We even completed Ball & Dummy and talking targets all before lunch with this most astute group of students. During lunch CaptMac gave us the First Strike.   Back on the line after lunch, we went into standing and sitting positions, safe transitions and after we posted several AQTs in the late afternoon.  The day ended with us back in the clubhouse to hear CaptMac deliver the Second & Third Strikes followed with a reminder to all to stretch, take a hot bath and some Ibuprofen when they get home.  

Day 2 - TOMINCT will fill in more on Sunday morning but from lunchtime on for the afternoon, we got into the AQT "buffet", broken up with a teaching of the fundamentals of KD TOMINCT in the clubhouse.  The late afternoon had the AQT buffet with impressive scores fired by all.  As the daylight faded and things got muddier (if that was possible), we wrapped up with the benediction.  

Some highlights:

Levi S. fired a 224 on his 3rd AQT on Saturday for this first time Appleseeders!

And as a riflemen persists, Levi S. never shot under a 210 for the rest of the weekend!

Hugh F. a Junior Appleseeder posted a rifleman's score of 225 with a boltie!

Charlie G. cranking out a 217 like a well oiled machine on Sunday morning!

And speaking of well oiled machines, Charlie having attended 3 Appleseeds and scoring rifleman this past weekend, has donned an Orange Hat and joined the CT Instructor Crew!

CaptMac leveling up for the Red Hat!!!

A big thanks goes to Bill, Matt, Rich and Paul from Bozrah R&G our hosts - you guys make an Appleseed even better at your Club!  We're looking forward to March & our BIG April Appleseeds at Bozrah R&G!

Please post your pictures and comments!

Yours in Liberty,

vernic82
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

vernic82

Riflemen Levi S.:

Junior Rifleman Hugh F.:

Rifleman and New IIT Charlie G.:

Damian R. our 2nd Junior Shooter:

CaptMac showing off his shiny new Red Hat!

CaptMac with Vanna, er um Davidgw1:

Ahhh, New England Mud Season.....

More mud:

And more mud.....

CaptMac, please post your pictures!
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

fprintf

CaptMac: Congratulations on your shiny new Red Hat!  I am told that with a newer color hat comes great responsibilities. I missed being there with you, listening to your earlier retelling of the history I am sure it was a job very well done.  So tell me, is that neon jacket from the 80s or is that the style nowadays?

Hugh made it! The rifleman truly persists.

Nice to see all these new riflemen and our newest orange hat. Welcome to the Connecticut team, arguably the best in the country!

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CaptMac

I'm trying to figure out how to add pics, but until I do get them up, hopefully this will do.  Links to pics: 

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy153/djmciner/?action-view&current=2-27-2011084.jpg

Shooters during a RF AQT, Faith452 and CaptMac watching the line.  

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy153/djmciner/?action-view&current=2-27-2011083.jpg

Charlie gets a patch.

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy153/djmciner/?action-view&current=2-27-2011071.jpg

A lonely lineboss, while everyone else is down range.    

http://s787.photobucket.com/albums/yy153/djmciner/?action-view&current=2-27-2011087.jpg

Trying on my new hat.
Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

fprintf

CaptMac: Do you want all of them linked?  Or just some of them?  I can help get them on here. Nice pictures, btw.

Charlie gets a patch:

CaptMac gets his new hat:

Lowest IIT on the totem pole gets to watch the firing line. So what is Lydia doing back there?

I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

CaptMac

Thanks Stuart.

I think that's enough pics.  The others are pretty much more of the same.

Look at those beautiful conditions.  And note, those are not Winterseed patches being given out.  I guess the weather just wasn't cold or snowing or muddy enough to justify it being considered Winterseed material, or at least it was not during the AQTs when our Riflemen earned their patches.   

The neon jacket is not from the 80s.  I've only had it since the early 90s.  I had stuck it in my bag Friday before I left, think that if the weather got wet it would be a decent option.  It would keep me dry, and it's so old that I do not really care if it gets full of mud.  When I got to the B&B Friday night, I realized I forgot my other jacket, so I was quite happy to have something that make me look like an MTV throwback.  Without it, I would have been cold. 

Ramseur Five Ten!!!

"Live Free or Die:  Death is not the Worst of Evils."  Genl.  John Stark, 1809.

Faith452

Yes, the line does get lonely when everyone else runs up to check their targets. It's also very tough not to jump in and instruct shooters.  :wb: 

What a mucky shoot! I was pleasantly surprised that no one complained and everyone wanted to keep on that AQT grind as long as light would allow. Congrats to all the riflemen and to our new orange hat!!

A special tip of the hat goes to CaptMac on that bright new red hat!! Oh and Mac...I had a jacket like that in the 90's too...

Thank you to all the shooters for coming out and to all the hats for the tidbits of advice and assistance. Can't wait for my next go around!
Former Cook

vernic82

Quote from: CaptMac on February 28, 2011, 08:40:17 PM
....Look at those beautiful conditions.  And note, those are not Winterseed patches being given out.  I guess the weather just wasn't cold or snowing or muddy enough to justify it being considered Winterseed material, or at least it was not during the AQTs when our Riflemen earned their patches......  

It's a HIGH standard that thar Winterseed patch - it must be snowing, not just on the ground, raining and I mean a cold winter rain or really, really windy so it blows! :o

Quote from: CaptMac on February 28, 2011, 08:40:17 PM
.....The neon jacket is not from the 80s.....  

Must be from CaptMac's days as a tugboat captain, in case he got blown overboard or something? >:D

Besides - you look better in a Red!
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

hnpdad

Hello Appleseed Crew,
This is Derick F., wanted to thank all of you for helping Hugh to make rifleman. He is looking forward to a winterseed and a desertseed ... maybe the weather will cooperate!

Hugh just finished an air rifle match yesterday, his score was dramatically improved over a couple of weeks ago.

We are looking forward to the next appleseed.