News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

where to find USGI slings????

Started by channelizer, February 27, 2011, 12:03:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

channelizer

Hello,looking for a web site to get a couple of slings was going to order form the appleseed store but the shoot me and my son a going to is coming up pretty quick and need the asap,and the appleseed store is ran by volunteers  and they only ship once a week. Thanks for your help!!!
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

nyrasgt

Recommend contacting the Gun Parts Corporation, aka Numrich Arms, of West Hurley, NY...have 'em running from used through new for somewhere around $7 -15, depending on  couple of different things - suspect their web site can tell you more - very good source for all present/former military parts & accessories...
Have stopped by their customer counter a number of times to drop off AS trifolds and shoot announcements...good people.
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

oladcock

I've bought slings from these folks twice, order by Monday or Tuesday, had them by Friday...O.L.

http://www.m1garandrifle.com/
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Castle Mountain

A favorite store of ours    http://www.americanfirearmsandammo.com/ carries the real USMC/USGI (black) rifle sling and sell them for $15.00
We bought two of them last week. I believe they still have some for sale. They are really nice!! I am sure they will be getting more or can get more.
Contact Melody  at American Firearms and Ammo at  :     http://www.americanfirearmsandammo.com/ in Peoria, Illinois.

Best regards,

Castle Mountain
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Garand69

Here are two more sources for you Channelizer....

Charley's Surplus in Chicago has them from time to time.

http://www.charleyssurplus.com/army_military_field_gear/slings

Cheaper Than Dirt has them..

http://www.cheaperthandirt.com/MGR015-1.html

Always try to get REAL USGI, some of the copies are not so great and need some "fine tuning" to stay tight. No big deal, your shoot boss will know how to fix it if it is loose. I don't remember what part of the State your in, but they are readily available at the DuPage Co. and Kane Co. Gun Shows. I can't recall his name, but there is a vender with dark curly hair and glasses that always has a few tables where he sells used USGI Rifle parts, primarily M16 Uppers. He prices them around 8-10 FRN's for new ones.

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

channelizer

I'm in vermilion county Il.  Danville to be exact i think there is a gun show in hoopeston Il. coming up soon i might check there but thanks for the info trying to be ready for the shoot on march 19 and 20 here in danville!!!! cant wait for it
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

wcmartin1

Quote from: wcmartin1 on February 20, 2011, 02:26:59 PM
In addition to the slings currently being offered at the Appleseed Store - http://www.appleseedstore.flyingcart.com/?p=detail&pid=10&cat_id=0

You can also find them at Creedmoor - http://www.creedmoorsports.com/store/product.php?productid=889899&cat=360&page=1

Also - received this via PM -

Quote from: TeflonJohn on February 20, 2011, 05:12:21 PM
I can't reply to your post about slings so I thought I'd PM you should you want to post it for me.
They are also available in the CMP e-store for $7.95
https://estore.odcmp.com/store/catalog/catalog.aspx?pg=product&ID=854WEB&item=&sfv=&cat=EQA
I came across it while putting together my M1 Garand order.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

pennys dad

:)  Ebay  type in USGI Sling and they come up, avoid the silent sling

channelizer

I went though  Creedmoor  for the slings the boy wanted the black ones to match his rifle hope they are good ones..... anyone know about them?
Thomas Jefferson

Garand69

Quote from: channelizer on February 27, 2011, 09:16:00 PM
I went though  Creedmoor  for the slings the boy wanted the black ones to match his rifle hope they are good ones..... anyone know about them?

If it comes from Creedmor it is quality.
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

Gravy

I see you already ordered, but just FYI, I've found them at some (not all) Army Navy surplus stores.  I've found them for $10 (and obviously, no shipping charges).  

Reddot

Maybe it's just when I order stuff, but I've never had to wait more than just a couple of days for anything I've ordered from the Appleseed store--service from those folks has been excellent--much better than my usual experience with GPC.
YMMV.

channelizer

just so all know creedmoor is out of black slings and wont have any for a couple of weeks, i was told by they today they do have green ones in stock !!!!
Thomas Jefferson

wcmartin1

If you must have black - here's an entry level 1907 style sling from DPMS - http://www.dpmsinc.com/store/products/?prod=1097&cat=1811

I own two of these (one on a black synthetic stocked M1A and one on a Marlin 795).

I used the M1A during a long range demo at 500 meters yesterday in Midland.  

I spotted for the others who were struggling to shoot their own scoped rifles until breaking out my old "worn out" rifle  :cool2: and commenced to ringing steel on my second shot after dialing in the correct elevation (inches, minutes, clicks) and estimating the windage adjustment from mechanical zero in 25 mph winds (the first shot was just barely right so I took off one click and started getting hits) .  

I then let two of the shooters borrow the same rifle, explained how to use the sling, and within 2-shots had them ringing steel consistently at 500 meters as well using the same dope I had already put on the sights (has anyone told you that this program works and the same skills apply from 25 meters).  

This sling will work if you like leather (I personally think it's superior) and want to learn how to use it.
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

channelizer

nope dont need black really the boy wanted black to match his rifle,green will work just fine.........and yes have been reading up on different shoots around the country and cant wait for the one we will be going to!!!!!!
Thomas Jefferson

TomM1Thumb

" The Constitution shall never be construed to prevent the people of the United States who are peaceable citizens from keeping their own arms. €�  - Alexander Hamilton
"The strongest reason for the people to retain the right to keep and bear arms is, as a last resort, to protect themselves against tyranny in government."    -- Thomas Jefferson

" The Beauty of The Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it"
Thomas Jefferson

Arms discourage and keep the invader and plunderer in awe, and preserve order in the world as well as property... Horrid mischief would ensue were the law-abiding deprived of the use of them.

Thomas Paine