News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Rockford Gun Show

Started by Ewald, February 25, 2011, 04:25:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ewald

DugJeep and I will be working the Pine Tree Pistol Club gun show next to the Rockford Speedway this Sunday, February 27th.

If are in the NW part of the state or even SW Wisconsin and have cabin fever or just want to reconnect with the group, COME ON BY!

The show link is at: http://www.pinetreepistol.com/index.php?option=com_content&view=article&id=83&Itemid=167

Ewald

Dugjeep and I worked the table Sunday and found the positive response to be high. EEL had given me 70 schedules earlier in the week, and I still had 20-30 from a previous run. I went home with none. This is was fantastic. Rockford is largely untapped promotional territory for Appleseed. Rockford is also the second largest market in Illinois. Presence in Rockford means presence in NW Illinois. There are a lot of future Riflemen here.

This also was Doug's first time at bat doing public promotions for Appleseed. He ROCKED! I would would promote the shoots, he promote alliances. I went home with committed complimentary tables at yet another area show. With Dugjeep banging the drum in the Rockford area, I see big things for NW IL.

While driving to the show at oh-dark-thirty, I was contemplating this AAR. I was thinking how the Northern Illinois crew had worked eight different shows spanning ten different days, with a dozen different volunteers so far in the first two months of 2011. I was planning on talking a little smack to those guys south of 80.

Then I heard the news from Bloomington. My heart skipped a beat. Castle Mountain had called Doug and let us know everyone is all right. To me that was a shining example of why Appleseed is so important. The safety skills alone are worth the price of admission. This is also why gun shows are such fertile ground for us.

Good job all. Keep it up everyone, no matter where you are.

dugjeep

We had three separate guys with ties to ranges in the rockford area asking how do we get you guys to start doing appleseed shoots at are ranges.  Ill will be passing the info on to ASAP. 

Gopher Boy

In Rockford....  Tell them...  Schedule the weekend, Sell it out and Gopher Boy will come over and Run the shoot.

How's next weekend...  ~~:)

**)

All Joking aside...  Get that info to Garand69 ASAP.  Rockford is low hanging fruit and we need it.  (Beside I'm sick of driving south for shoots)
Great work guys!

G.B.

Ewald

Internal AARs were filed via PMs and phone. I'm pretty sure I copied GB. Apologies if I didn't. Things were going fast and furious yesterday.