News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Ft. Myers, Mid-AAR

Started by funfaler, March 08, 2008, 07:32:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

funfaler

Hey All,

Tread Carefully, George, PHenry, and funfaler  are struggling in Sunny Florida! 

The wind is howling around 40 mph, but the shooters have stepped up to battle the wind and blowing sand!

Already, under adverse conditions (sun, sand, great food, a little wind) we have tuned in 2 new Rifleman!!

We are setting some good roots here in Southwest Florida, with many potential Rifleman and Red Hats..

More details to come after tomorrow's events......

The dips in your couch will go away if you get up and take the Seventh Step!

funfaler

Ft. Myers......The four of us have decided that any future events at this location, should only be covered by Instructors that have been there, who truly understand the unreasonable demands that the Red Hats must meet to conduct a shoot here!

We were blessed with a group of quality people, quality shooters, and a Host that has set a new standard for what an Appleseed is to look like......If all Appleseeds were such as this one, there would cease to be a need for an Appleseed Project, as Appleseeds would be part of the fabric everyday American life and people would be flocking to them 

Day one had us shooting two QDAQTs during the day, of the 15 shooters, we had two new Riflemen, and one that repeated his Rifleman score from the Myakka City shoot from the month earlier, so a solid learner. 

Day two resulted in one more new Rifleman, with a bolt action 22 and a score of 238!   

Lots of smaller shot groups, as compared to day one, with 3-4 more that will demonstrate that they too can step into the realm of Rifleman.  Many of these shooters determined to see us in Myakka City on April 19th, with many friends, and prove that they have persisted!

The Hospitality at this event could not have been better, great food, great people, truly an Atmosphere of Riflemen that touches an American at the core!  Riflemen are great people to be in the presence of, to spend time with, no doubt there is a "Rifleman" gene in every real American screaming to be released, to show itself.

Some opportunities for this area with the Riflemen from this shoot expressing a desire to help the cause as Red Hats and several area clubs, with representatives here, seemingly eager for their own Appleseed events....SW Florida....a fine location for an Appleseed Hive to pollinate the Bloom of Liberty, to bring us a Harvest of American Rifleman.

No doubt the Sunshine State is looking Brighter  8) ;D

TreadCarefully

+1 on Funfaler's comments - only the truly hardy and experienced can be expected to deal with the 'rough and tumble rednecks' in Ft. Myers.

But it's a sacrifice we are willing to make.
Spare the tar and feathers, spoil the politician.

"Pain is temporary. Quitting is forever." - Lance Armstrong

"Sic gorgiamus allos subjectatos nunc."

jacko44

Just wanted to thank our host Glen Maxie for giving us the opportunity to have an Applseed in Ft. Myers. And thanks to the four instructors Treadcarefully, George, Funfaler, and PHenry for the great history lessons  and excellent Rifleman instructions.  I know everyone there learned quite a lot. Can't wait for the next one.  Thanks again Redhats!!!    Jack.

funfaler

Hey Jacko44, Welcome aboard!

You, seems to me we are going to have to cap the number of Appleseeds you can attend before you get a Red Hat! ;) ;D

Too much "shoot'n knowledge" under your "normal hat" to not be sharing it with folks on their bellys.

I will see you this Tuesday at Glen's, I hope, and we will get you well on your way.   Paid vacations, comp days, travel the country, you saw how Red Hats are treated.  Why, if it weren't for Glen's big dogs, the women would have over run us for sure!

Yep, Jacko44 will look mighty fine perched under a Red Hat.....mighty fine indeed ;D ;D

George

Hey all,

I just got back home from Florida.  We had no internet service so this is my first chance to chime in.

I would echo all of funfaler and TreadCarefully's comments.  I think the Fort Myers AS was such tough duty ;) ;) that only the four us that experienced this bunch of South Florida "rednecks" should have to suffer and go back to the next one!!!

All kidding aside, I thought that we put on a good lunch at the Henry County Gun Club in Puryear, TN but we can't hold a candle to food and hospitality that our host Glen did in Fort Myers.  Thanks again Glen!!

I'm still cleaning sand out of my 10/22 rifle and magazines that I lent to young Luke.  The wind on Saturday managed to blow that Florida sand into everything. 

Jacko44, nice to hear from you.  Hope our paths cross again at another Appleseed, especially if you decide to share some of your knowledge as an instructor.

"Those who hammer their guns into plows will plow for those who do not." - Thomas Jefferson

The American Revolution would never have happened with gun control.

The essance of an adventure is not knowing how its going to turn out.

jacko44

Hey George, good to hear from you. I'm going to the Myakka City A S on the 18th and 19th. Hope to see you there. Jack.