News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ELECTION DAY

Started by 2 clicks low, February 22, 2011, 05:14:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

2 clicks low

Have you voted for the Low Down Lying Scum candidate of your choice?
Use it or loose it.  !@#)

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

2 clicks low

Chicago City Election

Total Registration    1,406,037
Turnout                    593,156
= %                          42.19%

Population over 18  2,000,000  Est.
Real turnout               29.66%

So in real terms, the first Mayoral election in many decades without an incumbent running generates much less than 30% turnout!!!!!!!!!!!!

:sos: I NEED A BIGGER BUCKET  :sos:

ItsanSKS

49% turnout of the electorate.  Pathetic.  THIS is why I bail.  THIS is what is wrong with our country.

Add this to your benediction, as it drives the point home. 

QuoteI have a question for you- Who was the last President elected by more than half the electorate?"
After a few intelligent guesses, "It was a trick question- IT'S NEVER HAPPENED.  The definition of electorate means all those eligible to vote. It is a very rare election that turns out more than half the electorate, let alone having half the electorate vote for a single candidate.

Samuel Adams once said, "We do not need a majority to prevail, but an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting the brush fires of Liberty in the hearts and minds of men."

The fact that so few vote in this country illustrates one of the major things that is wrong with this nation- Apathy.  There are people in countries around the world right now, peaceably protesting in the streets, and getting killed for it.  They are crying out, praying that one day, they too, will have a say in how their governments are run.

Our forefathers paid a great price; a price that we can barely imagine, to allow us the opportunity to have a say in how this country is run, and as voter turnout shows, we have come a long, long way from that ideal.   

It has been said, "A society of sheep, eventually begets a government of wolves"  perhaps that explains the howling I hear in the distance...
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

2 clicks low

You have a typo, thats 29% not 49%

2cl

Quote from: ItsanSKS on March 01, 2011, 11:30:08 AM
49% turnout of the electorate.  Pathetic.  THIS is why I bail.  THIS is what is wrong with our country.

Add this to your benediction, as it drives the point home.  

QuoteI have a question for you- Who was the last President elected by more than half the electorate?"
After a few intelligent guesses, "It was a trick question- IT'S NEVER HAPPENED.  The definition of electorate means all those eligible to vote. It is a very rare election that turns out more than half the electorate, let alone having half the electorate vote for a single candidate.

Samuel Adams once said, "We do not need a majority to prevail, but an irate, tireless minority, keen on setting the brush fires of Liberty in the hearts and minds of men."

The fact that so few vote in this country illustrates one of the major things that is wrong with this nation- Apathy.  There are people in countries around the world right now, peaceably protesting in the streets, and getting killed for it.  They are crying out, praying that one day, they too, will have a say in how their governments are run.

Our forefathers paid a great price; a price that we can barely imagine, to allow us the opportunity to have a say in how this country is run, and as voter turnout shows, we have come a long, long way from that ideal.  

It has been said, "A society of sheep, eventually begets a government of wolves"  perhaps that explains the howling I hear in the distance...

Johnnyappleseed

good thought provoking post 2c O0

Often times a low turnout favors liberty. I tell my neighbor voting is a waste of time ,since he votes anti rights via pro liberty recommendations.
I agree that EVERY single issue 2A voter should vote the lessor of the two evil candidates . I use GOA and NRA recommendations wherever possibile . Surpisingly sometimes we have elected people who are really great .
On judges where no info is available . I vote for every one of them (I VOTED FOR YOU ! or none at all.

In Chicago , I was shocked to see former mayor quit . Now we know why .
A popular talk radio host refers to the new Chicago mayor as "The creepy ballarena" LOL

BTW living in a anti rights county , I share your pain.
It really gets me to see gunowner's/ shooters not vote --- or vote anti rights .

Thank You for all your efforts  O0

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

Gravy

Hey 2Clicks,

You inspired me to do some digging into our states voter turnout and check out what I found.  In the primary elections back in 2/2010, of registered voters, Chicago had a 27% turnout and statewide it was 23%!  How pathetic is that?!  Both numbers were record lows.  No wonder our state is an insolvent cesspool.   >:(

Look how far we have fallen. :sos:

2 clicks low

Gravy,

Thats why I need a bigger bucket.

But if you look at the turnout VS the number total number who would be eligable to vote if they registered (est 10,000,000) you would have much less.

Bring your PC3 this weekend, I'm bringing mine, we need to move up to SB's asap, the boat is really low in the water.

2cl

Patriot Gal

2cl - That's the Spirit!!!   O0

Quote from: 2 clicks low on March 02, 2011, 12:10:44 PM
Gravy,

Thats why I need a bigger bucket.

But if you look at the turnout VS the number total number who would be eligable to vote if they registered (est 10,000,000) you would have much less.

Bring your PC3 this weekend, I'm bringing mine, we need to move up to SB's asap, the boat is really low in the water.

2cl
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan