News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Latest Score from the CMP!

Started by nmmi9100, February 19, 2011, 12:16:37 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

nmmi9100

Here's my newest CMP M1.  Specifics:

Ordered:  CMP M1 Garand, HRA, Service Grade, $595.  Mid December 2010

Received:  M1 Garand, HRA, 4.74 million, All HRA except SA bolt & stock, 98% finish, Throat Erosion 2, Muzzle Erosion, 1+, TIGHT new CMP stock, 10 Feb 2011.

And not to be left out, Walker spent his Christmas money on a CMMG dedicated 22LR upper for his CMMG lower.  Lot better than video games...  Here's a photo with my Liberty Kodiak TL attached.

-David
Edgewood, NM

wcmartin1

Quote from: NMMI9100 on February 19, 2011, 12:16:37 AM

Received:  M1 Garand, HRA, 4.74 million, All HRA except SA bolt & stock, 98% finish, Throat Erosion 2, Muzzle Erosion, 1+, TIGHT new CMP stock, 10 Feb 2011.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Nice stick.

How's it shoot?
"Unhappy it is, though, to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast and that the once-happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by a race of slaves.  Sad alternative!  But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?" - George Washington - from a letter to a close friend after the events of April 19, 1775

"There is no nation on earth powerful enough to accomplish our (the United States) overthrow.  Our destruction, should it come at all, will be from another quarter.  From the inattention of the people to the concerns of their government, from their carelessness and negligence, I must confess that I do apprehend some danger.  I fear that they may place too implicit a confidence in their public servants, and fail properly to scrutinize their conduct; that in this way they may be made the dupes of designing men, and become the instruments of their own undoing." - Daniel Webster, June 1, 1837

oladcock

David, you are so evil showing new toys and being so far away! :)....O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

BobABQ

TaosGlock

I am thinking of getting another one too. O0
Did you measure the TE and ME or was it stated as such by CMP?
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

Colorado Pete

Now that's a good-lookin' Garand.
Tight stock, eh? If you want it to stay tight, unlatch the trigger guard and keep it that way all the time it's not going 'BOOM'.
"Good shooting is good execution of the fundamentals. Great shooting is great execution of the fundamentals. X's are what you want. Tens are okay, but nines indicate you've got a problem" - Jim Starr
"The purpose of shooting is hitting" - Jeff Cooper

nmmi9100

Quote from: TaosGlock on February 20, 2011, 11:20:51 PM

As measured by CMP.  I don't have the gauges.

Rifle sure looks minimally used.  Course it may have been refinished.  The HRAs apparently were used very little, having been produced at the end of the service life of the Garand.

-David
Edgewood, NM

nmmi9100

Quote from: wcmartin1 on February 19, 2011, 06:42:34 PM
Quote from: NMMI9100 on February 19, 2011, 12:16:37 AM

-David
Edgewood, NM

Nice stick.

How's it shoot?

Don't know how the Garand shoots yet.  Haven't had the chance to try it out.

The boys and I did shoot the heck out of the CMMG dedicated 22LR rig.  250 rounds and not a single malfunction.  All fired suppressed so lots of gunk in the stainless steel Atchison Action but it kept running fine...  Mix of Federal Maroon bulk, CCI Subsonic, and Remington Subsonic.  All cycled fine.  Couldn't comment on accuracy...we were only shooting at steel rimfire silhouettes at 25 yards.  Plenty accurate to knock them down every time regardless of ammo.  Of course Walker only hits rams and hogs at 25 yards and then only 1 out of 5 shots...but he just turned 6.  I'm working on getting him there.  Right now, we're still on a rest with him...focusing on sight picture (put the dot on the critter), respiratory pause, and trigger control.  He's starting to figure it out.  Loves the Suppressor.

-David
Edgewood, NM

Devnull

Quote from: NMMI9100 on February 22, 2011, 04:33:46 PM
Quote from: TaosGlock on February 20, 2011, 11:20:51 PM

As measured by CMP.  I don't have the gauges.

Rifle sure looks minimally used.  Course it may have been refinished.  The HRAs apparently were used very little, having been produced at the end of the service life of the Garand.

-David
Edgewood, NM

My recent CMP HRA is very similar. Perfect metal and the same numbers on TE and ME. Only difference is mine had the original stock with cartouches. The only part that isn't original is the oprod. I'm guessing these puppies sat in a vat of cosmo somewhere and were hardly ever shot. They REALLY missed out! But it's our gain now.

Beautiful rifle NMMI! At the next AS we all work together we will have to have everyone bring theirs and set them up using the stacking swivels. Hey we need some eye candy on the range too right?  >:D

If yours shoots half as good as mine you will be a very happy man!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

oladcock

"and set them up using the stacking swivels. Hey we need some eye candy on the range too right?"

Man does that bring back memories! Usually meant we were going in the chow hall!...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

JustJeff

Quote from: oladcock on February 23, 2011, 01:39:35 AM
"and set them up using the stacking swivels. Hey we need some eye candy on the range too right?"

Man does that bring back memories! Usually meant we were going in the chow hall!...O.L.

by 'chow hall' do you mean 'tavern?'...... I understand that you had to unload and stack before going in.....
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.