News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Marlin 795 trigger guard

Started by channelizer, February 18, 2011, 11:00:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

channelizer

Hello All, Does anyone know where I might find and be able to get an after market trigger guard aluminium not the "OEM" plastic that came on it . looked at rimfire tech. and cant seem to find it there..............If someone knows that would be great :wb:
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

Castle Mountain

Check out:

http://www.rimfiretechnologies.com/product_p/15028.htm

Quote from: channelizer on February 18, 2011, 11:00:47 PM
Hello All, Does anyone know where I might find and be able to get an after market trigger guard aluminium not the "OEM" plastic that came on it . looked at rimfire tech. and cant seem to find it there..............If someone knows that would be great :wb:
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

channelizer

this is what it brings up on that link....." You do not have access to this page. Please contact customer service for further details on accessing this password protected section "and got a email back form them also......Not at this time.

Keith
System Administrator
www.rimfiretechnologies.com
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

featherblue

�Fear is the foundation of most governments.� -John Adams

Why there must be a test of knowledge before being allowed into the voting polls:  ... democracy, as defined by Mencken, is "...the worship of Jackals by Jackasses."

channelizer

I guess they dont make to many upgrades or after market parts for this marlin or they are really hard to find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !@#)
Thomas Jefferson

channelizer

Well found a web site that has them a little on the pricey side but found them hopes this helps somebody else also......http://www.diproductsinc.com/Products.aspx?CAT=3603 and here is the price....
795 Trigger Guard & Trigger Kit - Black
Item: 15082  In Stock
Manufacturer: DIP, inc
More...
$69.97
                                             $49.97 for the trigger guard by it self                      ;D    ^:)^
Thomas Jefferson

Teflon John

DIP took over this item from Rimfire Technologies.

Johnnyappleseed

May I ask why you would want another trigger guard for the Marlin 795 ?
Remember there are no stupid questions  ;D
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

dart67eb

I used to ask the same question until I noticed some cracks around the rear screw hole on the guard.  I may be in the market for one of these.

Quote from: Johnnyappleseed on February 20, 2011, 01:19:50 AM
May I ask why you would want another trigger guard for the Marlin 795 ?
Remember there are no stupid questions  ;D

Ignorance may be bliss, but it's not a virtue.

Johnnyappleseed

Thanx Dart  O0
I may someday be "in the market for one " too
fortunately not yet . Will sure keep this info available

Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

fprintf

$50 for a trigger guard seems a bit steep when I only paid $99 for the rifle (after rebate). However I too think I will be needing one in the near future - cracked front screw hole. The DIP trigger guards are well regarded on rimfirecentral. Lots of other mods at http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=217

BTW, I did the trigger job when I filed the sear and it really made my 795s shoot beautifully. A couple of fellow Appleseeders thought the trigger ended up feeling better than some of the nice custom Ruger triggers. I weighed the trigger pull at 2.5 pounds. I think with the addition of the replacement trigger guard and replacement trigger that it truly would be a very fine shooting machine.
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

channelizer

i think the replacement trigger guard and new trigger are all cnc aluminium and the replacement has more room between it and the mag release making it quicker to remove them and not only that it makes the rifle look better in my opinion. where do you find out how to do the trigger job on the marlin 795
Thomas Jefferson

fprintf

Quote from: channelizer on February 21, 2011, 10:52:23 PM
where do you find out how to do the trigger job on the marlin 795

In the link I posted earlier, at the top where the stickies are. I went there and got the specific link for ya:

http://www.rimfirecentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=357575

(hoping it is not against rules/mission of this board to post about an alternative web forum)
I'm good enough, I'm smart enough, and dog-gone it people like me!  ~Stuart Smalley

channelizer

thanks!!!!!! might just do this myself.....
Thomas Jefferson

TN_Dadx5

From what I know about rimfire central (I'm cb there), DIP made the guards for RimfireTech but now sells them for themselves.  I bought one of my 795 from a pawn shop and the guard already showed cracks around the rear screw.  I sent it back to Marlin and they replaced it free.

The aluminum guard is pricey but worth it; that along with a little TLC on the trigger works makes for a nice operating machine.
"A nation of well informed men who have been taught to know and prize the rights which God has given them cannot be enslaved. It is in the region of ignorance that tyranny begins." Benjamin Franklin
Visit and "Like" the TN Facebook page
https://www.facebook.com/#!/Tennesse.Project.Appleseed