News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Iceman COF

Started by wildman, February 13, 2011, 05:54:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wildman

I have discovered something really cool. If you want beautiful weather call your shoot something like, the "Iceman." The weather people right now are calling for clear skies and temps in the upper 60s or low 70s.

The Iceman is an open class fun shoot scopes or iron sights, your choice. We are going to use the KWSC score cards so that means multiple shots at each target, most of you don't need a second shot but its there if you need it.  We are going to set targets for both iron sights and scopes which target you choose to engage will be your choice. What a way to start the year!

We will have plenty of time so lets get started at 10:00.

Range fee is $45.00

This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

hawkeye

I'm bringing the M1C to practice for my March sniper shoot in New Hill. I Screwed on one of the new CMP barrels they sold a few months ago, the old barrel was about shot out. I think any one shooting a Grendel 6.5 should do 15 minutes of side straddle hops  ( jumping jacks for you civies) each time before they shoot to give the rest of us a chance. Just saying 
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

92trk

Oh boy, I can't wait! I guess I'll leave all that Carhart equipment home and bring some SPF 45 instead.

crak

Wildman:  Cosmic Judo Master.
Check your drama at the door.

jmdavis

Side-straddle hops??? I want to see some mountainclimbers from the Grendel shooter(s).

I'm coming with the new/old Scout rifle. Likely with commercial ammo since there has been no time to do any development since I got it. I will also bring an AR and M1 as backup.

I am really looking forward to a couple of days in the Oasis of Ramseur.

Mike
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

wildman

Quote from: crak on February 13, 2011, 11:17:39 PM
Wildman:  Cosmic Judo Master.

I've been called some strange things in my time but Cosmic Judo Master is a first. What exactly is a CJM expected to do?
This is my rifle. There are many like it but this one is mine.... "My Rifle" the creed of a US Marine by MG WH Rupertus,USMC

M1NC

hawkeye - perhaps we can all compromise and have any 6.5 Grendel users duck-walk their space gun to the 500 yard line and back?  :D

I'll be brining my re-stocked M1 and hope my handloads perform at distance (crosses fingers)
Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

Shoot Squirrel Yes

Quote from: jmdavis on February 14, 2011, 12:10:59 AM
Side-straddle hops??? I want to see some mountainclimbers from the Grendel shooter(s).

I'm coming with the new/old Scout rifle. Likely with commercial ammo since there has been no time to do any development since I got it. I will also bring an AR and M1 as backup.

I am really looking forward to a couple of days in the Oasis of Ramseur.

Mike

Nice, Mike. I'm going to attend as a Balearic slinger. They say the 200 yard line is only a stone's throw away. If we can talk wildman in to painting one of the pop ups as a Roman Hastati, we can re-enact one of the Punic wars.

Cosmic Judo Masters can do such things.

The Kid

Hopefully I might be able to sneak by for this shoot to say hi to everyone at least. I have a show that evening and probably have to be back around 5-6:00 ish.

If I do come I plan on shooting the 03a3 for all you "Grendel Haters" out there! :P

I will have the grendels available for anyone who is interested in shooting them.

Look forward to seeing you guys out there,

Keaton
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

hawkeye

No Grendel haters here, just figuring how to match the 60 year old technology with modern technology. I wonder how much farther a .308 round travels then a 6.5 round hitting the same target?   
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

jmdavis

Quote from: The Kid on February 14, 2011, 10:44:52 PM
Hopefully I might be able to sneak by for this shoot to say hi to everyone at least. I have a show that evening and probably have to be back around 5-6:00 ish.

If I do come I plan on shooting the 03a3 for all you "Grendel Haters" out there! :P

I will have the grendels available for anyone who is interested in shooting them.

Look forward to seeing you guys out there,

Keaton

Now don't go getting all sensitive on us.  ;D

I actually need some help with the 03a3. I had a fair number of issues trying to zero it a couple of months ago and I'm still not happy with it.

That Grendel is close to amazing, but I think that the shooter behind it is pretty darn good too.

Mike

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

The Kid

You got me mike,I was near tears. Did I tell you when I broke a nail at the.... oh never mind  ;)

The 03a3 can be a pain since there is no "exact science" to dealing with the front sight. I am sure we can figure it out.

I am convinced that anyone can shoot that rifle after seeing an 8 year old girl hit the 8 inch gongs at 500 on the left. Did I mention it was her first time shooting a high powered rifle ( It was taller then her and weighed 1/3 of her body weight).   :bow:    I want her on my side.

-Keaton
"I pray that our Heavenly Father may assuage the anguish of your bereavement, and leave you only the cherished memory of the loved and lost, and the solemn pride that must be yours to have laid so costly a sacrifice upon the altar of freedom." Lincoln

JohnnyReb

AR-10 & SCAR-16. I'm bringing "hagar" from the FAL Files. Hotdogs too of course.  ++)
One Bank to rule them all, one Bank to find them, one Bank to bring them all and in the darkness bind them.

hawkeye

I'll bet Johnnyreb wears shorts.

Stimey

I'm hoping to be there as well.  Looking forward to seeing you guys!

Mike
"Give me an army of West Point graduates, I'll win a battle.  Give me a handful of Texas Aggies and I'll win a war!"  Gen. George S. Patton, Jr.

Koma

Once again thanks to ALL for putting on this great event

hawkeye

It was a perfect day for a field shoot. Wildman will post the standings at the end of the week, remember this does not count for the Murphy crew scores. Unless Wildman finds some thing different I believe Lawson is first and Wildman second. Thank You to all the folks that came out to the Iceman shoot. 

M1NC

Thanks to everyone for another great field shoot!  Thanks to hawkeye for the help with my gas cylinder! 

Thought I'd post a few photos I took:

Always take the high road - it has a better field of fire

If we lose freedom here, there's no place to escape to. This is the last stand on earth.

But if serving the LORD seems undesirable to you, then choose for yourselves this day whom you will serve...as for me and my house, we will serve the LORD.

Go forth and fear no darkeness

92trk

Thanks Wildman and Hawkeye, what a great shoot.

hawkeye

I ran into Wildman at the range today and he gave me the official results of the shoot. So as not to embarrass myself and others I will give first and second place you can PM me for your standing. Shooting with scopes Lawson  then Wildman , Iron sights Keaton then Kevin T. Way to go Keaton now the pressure is on. Hopefully we got the sight problem fixed on your 1903A3 so you don't have to readjust it after each shot.  I'm ready to do some counter attack next shoot. Oh, and be ready for a date change for the March shoot we may have to move it to the 26th of March. Wildman will finalize this when he gets back from the range.