News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Elmwood IL All Outdoors Show March 5-6, 2011

Started by Missouri Brigade, February 13, 2011, 03:24:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Missouri Brigade

We will have a promotions table at the Elmwood IL High School All Outdoors Show on March 5 and 6 2011.  This should be a good show with a crowd that is different than the typical gun show.  Please post or let me know if you are willing to help with this opportunity.

http://www.elmwoodalloutdoors.com/

The show is a fundraiser for the school and we cannot have firearms or ammunition on our table.

Coming in from East on I-74 W through Peoria
Take EXIT 75 toward BRIMFIELD/OAK HILL
Turn LEFT onto N MAHER RD. for about 3-miles
Turn RIGHT onto W SOUTHPORT RD/IL-8 for about 5-miles
Turn LEFT onto IL-78/IL-8 for 0.9 mile
Turn RIGHT at Sign onto W BUTTERNUT ST. for 2-blocks into parking area

Coming in from Northwest on I-74 E through Galesburg
Take EXIT 71 toward IL-78/CANTON/KEWANEE
Turn RIGHT onto N BELL SCHOOL RD. for about 4-miles
Turn RIGHT onto W SOUTHPORT RD/IL-8 for 2-miles
Turn LEFT onto IL-78/IL-8 for 0.9 mile
Turn RIGHT at Sign onto W BUTTERNUT ST. for 2-blocks into parking area

Coming in from south on IL-78/IL-100
Continue north through Canton on N MAIN St/IL-78
Follow IL-78 to Farmington for about 10-miles
Turn RIGHT onto E FORT St/IL-116/IL-78 for 1-mile
Turn LEFT onto IL-78 for 6.7 mi
Turn LEFT at Sign onto N ALTHEA ST. for couple blocks
Turn LEFT onto W BUTTERNUT ST. into Show Parking area

Coming in from west following IL-116 to Farmington
into Farmington to E FORT St/IL-116/IL-78
Turn LEFT onto E FORT St/IL-116/IL-78 for 1-mile
Turn LEFT onto IL-78 for 6.7 mi
Turn LEFT at Sign onto N ALTHEA ST. for couple blocks
Turn LEFT onto W BUTTERNUT ST. into Show Parking area

Missouri Brigade

Back to the top.  The show is on and should be a nice change of pace from the normal gun show.  Please PM or post when you will be working to refresh my feeble memory.

Shooter30-06

AK and I will be able to work Saturday morning the 5th.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Missouri Brigade

Thanks to AK and Shooter.

All, note that we can not bring firearms or ammunition inside this show.

OutaAmmo

Patriot Gal

Castle Mountain and I are on the calendar to be there, although I have to work on Sat.

Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Missouri Brigade

Patriot Gal

I can adjust my work to half a day so I can help out for the morning.  Do you need me to bring flyers?
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Castle Mountain

Many thanks to Shooter 30:06 and Kay, Missouri Brigade , Dave Out of Ammo and Joanne and Patriot Gal.
You all made this possible.  http://www.elmwoodalloutdoors.com/

I suspect some 5000 people went through the high school during the two days. Certainly was a pleasant crowd
with children and families ( A truly family event) from local  and surrounding rural a areas as far away as CLinton.
A very diverse group of vendors and there was something for everyone, from Archery, fishing to care and feeding of wildlife,
4 H, pottery, knife making, indian arrow head art, embroidery for everything imaginable, hunting and fishing trips,
deer and animal displays. The list goes on. We all think it was a great show with quality folks who never heard of Appleseed before
and many said they were eager to attend our shoots. The police department was enthused as well as wildlife management officers
who are likewise eager to come to our shoots. Met with the marksmanship instructor sargent for the Illinois National Guard who is
keen and has provided me key contact info to reach them. He is most unhappy with the level of marksmanship currently sustained.
Hope we can get a crew together for this as it is right up EEL's  and Pappy's experience to make such an opportunity work.
This was a very worthwhile event. WIsh Pappy could have been here as he had to work a gun show but it is his kind of outdoor show
just the great Bellville Il Show we did last year.

Thanks to everyone who drove so far, especially Dave and Joan. I know the long hours you put in and the stress Missouri Brigade
is dealing with at work with his hours. Patriot Gal and I calculated a 136 hours of combined work and Appleseed. Of course
we have the example set by EEL and Pappy and Gopher Boy who supervised a difficult shoot that turned out extremely successful
and I mean extremely.

Hats off to every one and many thanks for all your dedication and hard work over this weekend and over the past year.

CM

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

bulletsnbows

Dave and Joanne on Sunday morning.  :)

Good looking booth!

I know I saw several families carrying the Appleseed flyers when they stopped over at our shooting range.  Good job on getting the word out!