News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

First Arizona RBC?

Started by AZOpie, February 12, 2011, 11:44:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOpie

Who's up for a week in northern Arizona for an RBC (rifleman boot camp) this summer? One week getting the finer points of rifle marksmanship. Camping is available on the site - everything from RV spots to unimproved camping spots. The weather should be great for a June event! Elevation is t 5300, so it would be a great time of year to shoot there. A little west of Seligman.  Speak up, let me know what you think...

AZO

azmule

Sounds like a great idea, although I won't know until the schedule on a project we just started firms up a little if I'll be able to take a whole week off in June.   ~~:)  I should be available to work for at least part of the week.
Talk is cheap because the supply exceeds the demand.

Do or do not - there is no "try."'  -Yoda

AZbinary

Are we shooting or coaching?  Is it camping only?  Or is there lodging available close by...

Might be fun

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

AZOpie

Sorry it too so long to get back. Shooting or Coaching - probably a bit of each. The location has a lodge we can use, it can accommodate quite a few people. I would need to work out the details on that. So far I have not heard enough voices speaking up to set up an RBC, hopefully more will chime in.

AZO

Quote from: AZbinary on February 14, 2011, 09:02:58 AM
Are we shooting or coaching?  Is it camping only?  Or is there lodging available close by...

Might be fun

AZB

Two Wolves

How much do you think this would cost?

~Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

AZOpie

Two Wolves -

The pricing would be the same as other RBCs - here's a link to the Raton RBC so you can see what that looks like:

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1234332923

There are no range fees at the proposed location, and there would be no cost for camping on site. I will have to check on cost of using the lodge.

AZO

AZbinary

An RBC would count as a vacation for us, so while I could talk AZsainted Bride into a week of shooting, it better have a pretty good hotel/bar/spa and restaurant for it to qualify as a "vacation."

Are you guys bringing your spouses?

AZB
"Not Last!" -AZ AWW 2011

AZOpie

I will be trying to bring the whole family. It's great family time. Denise loved Ramah - I had to drag her off the line last summer....

AZOpie

Based on PM's and posts, we look to have 7 or 8 interested parties at this time...

AZO

PaxxAZ

There are many things talked about that make the people of the US
different; being riflemen is one, asking why is another, as is getting
what needs doing done.

-Me 2011

AZRedhawk44

I don't know if I can do a full week, but I'm willing to help out with a few days worth.  Leaving current job for greener pastures at another employer, and I have no idea what the summer work schedule would look like, or likelihood of having that much vacation saved up by June.