News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

promoting appleseed and havent been to one yet !!!!!

Started by channelizer, February 12, 2011, 09:58:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

channelizer

hello, today i took my son to a birthday party for one of his friends and got on the topic of young children and firearms and how alot of the parents there where afraid to have firearms in there home because of there children.I was talking to a group of mothers there and one brought up wanting her son to know about and how to use firearms but her husband is not into that kinda thing and wanted to know if i had time to show her son wait i know.I told her i didnt have a problem with that and went on talking about an appleseed event here in danville that would be great for her and her son to attend comming up in march that my son and myself would be going to.Well it seemed to go good had a group of mothers interested in the program and just by chance had a flier that i had gotten from a gun show.Others want me to email them info on this.So not only did i get to have cake i got to talk about something i love to do with a group of my sons friends mothers but had the opportunity to promote Appleseed in the processes. Great Night !!!!!!   
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson

SavageShootr

Great job!!

I know you will have a great time!

It is awesome having you with us.
"Listen to everyone, read everything, and don't believe anything unless you can prove it."' B.C.
"It isn't like it is life or death...it is more important than that." MrPete

TruTenacity

What an encouraging post.  Thanks for sharing.  Enjoy!
"We are fighting for our country, for posterity perhaps.  On the success of this campaign the happiness or misery of millions may depend."  Henry Knox

"Let us not be weary in well doing: for in due season we shall reap if we faint not."  Galatians 6:9

sparks1

Yes...thanks for the encouraging post. I would add that in addition, put the www.RWVA.org link in the email , so they can go to the site and read about Appleseed themselves. They can get lots more information.

How was the cake??? O0
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Dougum

Nice! Thats the tell tale sign of a wonderful organization. We've got guys promoting us that haven't experienced the greatness of us yet. One of my buddies is helping us promote at a gunshow in Ohio and he hasn't come to one yet sot helping out on an unknown level must be nation wide.

Bolt :---
Love your country, but never trust its government.

-- Robert A. Heinlein

"The very atmosphere of firearms anywhere and everywhere restrains evil interference - they deserve a place of honor with all that's good"

-- George Washington

You say drake I say Brantley gilbert

You say T-Pain I say Jason Aldean

You say Kanye I say randy houser

You say Pink I say Kenny Chesney

You say Pop I scream COUNTRY

You say Justin Bieber I rip your head off

channelizer

well i will be going to my first appleseed with my son march 19 and 20 here in danville and hope to progress and be able to instruct. Really love getting out and shooting and showing others and watching them progress!!!!
A strong body makes the mind strong. As to the species of exercises, I advise the gun. While this gives moderate exercise to the body, it gives boldness, enterprise and independence to the mind. Games played with the ball, and others of that nature, are too violent for the body and stamp no character on the mind. Let your gun therefore be your constant companion of your walks.
Thomas Jefferson