News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

A new Iowa range and 2 more IA Appleseed Shoots for 2011 !!

Started by Cooper, February 12, 2011, 09:13:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Huzzah and more for the Hawkeye State!!

"Chase the Adventure" a licensed hunt and gun club near Decorah, IA signed on today to host two Appleseed events in NE Iowa during 2011 !!!!

April 30-May 1 is the inaugural event at this stellar facility, with a followup shoot September 17-18.  If we fill the lines for these shoots, they are open to hosting more events each year.

Filling a large geographical hole in the upper Midwest, this range will easily serve Iowa, southern MN, SW Wisconsin and NW Illinois.  Mainly a bird hunting and shotgunning facility, the range features 50 and 100 yd ranges as well, and is eager to help expand the availability of the shooting sports in NE Iowa.  In addition to offering primitive camping and camper hookups with electricity, they have five beautifully furnished and decorated rooms in their Lodge with multiple bunking options.  I have already reserved one of those rooms, but I'm always equipped for tent camping should space get tight and someone more deserving than Coop & Rifledog need space!

Spread the news about the first-ever Appleseed Events in this portion of the country!

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim