News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Osage Beach shoot anytime soon?

Started by Redleg13a, February 09, 2011, 05:36:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Redleg13a

I just returned from deployment and I'd like to get some ROTC cadets up to Osage Beach for a shoot but I'm not seeing one until October.  Are there going to be any in March?  April and May are pretty much out for us and then they leave campus during the summer so unless there is one in March (and it's not during their spring break) I won't be able to get them there until October.  

Also, when's the next boot camp?  October?  I teach the marksmanship course here on campus and would like to do an RBC if my boss will let me.  I think he will.....

hangfire

Appleseeds       April  16-17
                      May  14-15
                      June  25-26
                      Aug  20-21
                      Sept  24-25
                      Oct. 22-23 AS

Rifleman Boot Camp  Oct.  16-21

Longshot

Hey, redleg,

Good to hear from you. How's life?
Our first shoot is April, but maybe we could arrange something for you and your guys, if you want. As alumnus, you have some "pull".

Things have changed a bit at the O.B. range, we have a comfortable barracks, heat, electric, microwave, etc. Firepit, pavilion/shelter, and new ranges.

Hope your deployment was reasonably "uneventful", let me know if we can help out.

Stay safe,

Longshot
KR
" In the beginning of a change, the Patriot is a scarce man; brave, hated, and scorned. When his cause succeeds, however, the timid join him, for then it costs nothing to be a Patriot." Mark Twain..?

"An unarmed man can only flee from evil, and evil is not overcome by fleeing from it."  Jeff Co

Redleg13a

Life's good, especially since I'm back home!  I spent most of my time in Kuwait but made it up into Iraq and Afghanistan for about a week each.  Got rocketed and mortared but no direct fire. 

Looking at the schedule, it doesn't look like we'll make it until next semester.  Hopefully, it won't fall on an FTX weekend next fall.  That's the problem with April, we have 2 or 3 FTX's that month.  They'll be leaving campus by the time the May AS occurs.  Oh well, it will give me more time to work on them anyway! 

I definitely want to try to make the RBC in October.  I'll be teaching a survival class that semester but hopefully the boss will let me spend a week there training since it will directly contribute to my ability to teach the marksmanship class. 

Redleg13a

Talked to the boss and he's good with me going to RBC all week.  Can't wait!  I'll have to see about getting some cadets up for the AS shoot 22-23 October.  I'm hoping Ranger Challenge doesn't fall on that weekend.....

Thor's Hammer

Redleg, if something causes conflict with you or your cadets, just let us know. We can add another date to the schedule to accomodate you and the crew.

Jason
The very existence of flame-throwers proves that some time, somewhere, someone said to themselves, You know, I want to set those people over there on fire, but I'm just not close enough to get the job done.    George Carlin