News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Wow Factor!!!

Started by Cyclops WY, February 06, 2011, 04:36:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cyclops WY

Just took out my AR-15 Bushmaster (20in floated barrel with a flat top) attached with a new Burris AR-332 sight.  I have never taken my AR passed 100 yards before.  This new scope has hold overs for 55 grain bullets at 100 thur 500 yards.  Wow..... I didn't realize that an AR could be so accurate.  After sighting in at 200 yards, then 300 yards, then 400 yards.  I took it out to the big 500 yard marker.  Shooting at a homemade silhouette target (Man size)  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IZsOX_MYfOo I shot a three round group at center mass, then took one head shot.  I held a 6 inch group just a little high.....(4 inches upper chest) and the head shot was dead center.  This was not off the bench but prone shooting off my backpack.  Thank you appleseed.  I feel like I am getting closer to shooting at my rifles capabilities.  Next test will be sling only at the 100 thur 500 yard targets.  I did this 2 times in a row.  Not just lucky.  Zero wind as well.

Thanks again Appleseed.  I would have never thought I could shoot a rifle that well.  It's all because of appleseed instructions.  Thanks.

Cyclops WY

PS Off the couch again......That's 7 weekends in a row.  Rain or shine or more lately snow.
The beauty of the Second Amendment is that it will not be needed until they try to take it. Thomas Jefferson