News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Gun Shows

Started by Unbridled Liberty, February 06, 2011, 02:47:41 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Unbridled Liberty

Any plans for a table at the Kenny Woods Gun Show in Lexington Feb. 19-20?  If so, I would be willing to help out.
For Liberty, each Freeman Strives
As its a Gift of God
And for it willing yield their Lives
And Seal it with their Blood

Thrice happy they who thus resign
Into the peacefull Grave
Much better there, in Death Confin'd
Than a Surviving Slave

This Motto may adorn their Tombs,
(Let tyrants come and view)
"We rather seek these silent Rooms
Than live as Slaves to You"

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

Mudcat

I don't have any plans to but if you can get a free table arranged I could be talked into it easily. The gun show tables are usually up to us to pay for unless they are donated to us as we are a non profit. Sometimes the smaller shows will do this for free or reduced rates but the bigger ones almost always want us to pay.

If you can get it lined up I will be there with materials.
"A free people ought not only to be armed and disciplined but they should have sufficient arms and ammunition to maintain a status of independence from any who might attempt to abuse them, which would include their own government."
--George Washington

Unbridled Liberty

I sent an email to the show organizer on Thursday night requesting a donated table.  I will follow up with a call this week.  Even a discounted rate would be good.  I expect a big turnout, given the warm temps forecast and the cabin fever that most folks have this long hard winter.  I ordered a 50"x60" fleece blanket printed with the tan RWVA logo on it as a backdrop, but it may not be here in time for the show.  No matter, it will be useful for other future events.  Hope to see you (and others?) on the 19th.
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave

Lemuel Haynes, 1775

JonL

Any update on this?  My family and I are planning to go to the show this weekend and at the least we should be able to give someone a lunch break to help out :)

Jon

Unbridled Liberty

Thanks Jon, I wish I had some positive news, but unless something changes tomorrow, it doesn't look like an Appleseed table is going to appear.  The show organizer has not responded to my email, and the phone was busy when I tried to call.
As its a Gift of God

Into the peacefull Grave
Than a Surviving Slave