News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

April 16/17 Fenton--loaner rifle?

Started by SAJunior, February 05, 2011, 11:49:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

SAJunior

It just recently came to my attention that while I'm here at college, I'm about 30 miles from both the Fenton and Lapeer Appleseed locations. I really want to get to the April shoot in Fenton, but as I'm at college, I currently have no rifle available. (grumble grumble, LP colleges...) That could still be the case by the time of the shoot. Is it possible that there would be a loaner rifle available at the shoot? I would of course supply my own ammo.

One other thing. I would be 19 the day before the shoot. Do I still count as a junior or does that cut off after 18?

waveman

First of all, glad you want to attend an Appleseed.  ^:)^ Now if you were wanting to go to Lapeer in Feb. I could loan you one.  However, if you're going in April I would suggest sending a message to BeeFree and see if she can help you out.
Now to my fellow Michiganiacs "Let's help this kid out"  :sos:

Superheat

Quote from: SAJunior on February 05, 2011, 11:49:27 PM
It just recently came to my attention that while I'm here at college, I'm about 30 miles from both the Fenton and Lapeer Appleseed locations. I really want to get to the April shoot in Fenton, but as I'm at college, I currently have no rifle available. (grumble grumble, LP colleges...) That could still be the case by the time of the shoot. Is it possible that there would be a loaner rifle available at the shoot? I would of course supply my own ammo.

One other thing. I would be 19 the day before the shoot. Do I still count as a junior or does that cut off after 18?
Appleseed considers anyone under 21 as a youth. $5 for a shoot.  Lapeer sportsman will consider you an adult and require $10 range fee.  I don't know about fenton.  Recommend shooting BOTH.  ;D

BeeFree

Here is a reminder that Lapeer has added a March shoot!  (So you can go to Lapeer in Feb., Mar., and/or Fenton in April).

I'll remind all the instructors to bring any loaners they have.  And I'll see if softseller (the Fenton range liaison) will also bring his loaners to that shoot.  If anyone who needs a loaner will PM me their name, I can start a list.  If no one PMs me, the loaners will go out first come, first serve at the shoot.  As a general rule, the loaners are .22

PM me or intheburbs with any questions. 

BeeFree
Make Orwell Fiction Again!

SAJunior

Well, turns out that I have a location to store a rifle after break, so it looks like I won't need a loaner. Thanks though! Hope to see you all at the shoot. It'll be my second (third if you count the mini) Appleseed, really looking forward to it.