News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

There's Only ONE Winterseed in the Midwest This Weekend- ARE YOU GOING!!!

Started by Garand69, February 02, 2011, 10:58:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Garand69

There's Only ONE Winterseed in the Midwest This Weekend- ARE YOU GOING!!!

Well are you? The first true Winterseed on the Illinois Appleseed Schedule is coming this weekend at the excellent Range Facilities of the Aurora Sportsmans Club in Waterman IL.

Weather could not be better!! A high for 29F for Sat and Sun will keep you nice and cozy in your winter wear, plus you have the bragging rights to say you have went to an Appleseed in the aftermath of the Blizzard of 2011!!! Woooo Hooo

Of course this is an Appleseed for all, though the HARDCORE RIFLEMAN will eat it up with a fork AND spoon!!!!Have you seen those spiffy new Winterseed Rifleman Patches? Do you have one yet????

Just imagine the looks from your buddies who have never bothered to get of the bench..... or the couch for that matter, when you show them the patch that you earned while shooting at the Waterman IL Winterseed!!

Sign up early, there is limited space on the line available, and the Instructor Corp is top notch!

Here's a link!!!

http://www.eventbrite.com/event/983982117

Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

2 clicks low

I'm signed up as an IIT. Starting to dig out now.  ++) Hope to be done by Saturday :wb:
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

George63

I got the driveway done and got out to the main road, hard to tell with the drifting but I will guess 1 foot in Joliet, good news is probably no shoveling the range as there will be scoured out areas on the 600 yd range

PHenry

Para ser Libre, un Hombre debe tener tres cosas. La Tierra, una Educacion, y un Fusil. Siempre, un Fusil!  Emiliano Zapata

bulletsnbows

Pics..

The Fantoon when the blizzard started.  The fantoon is our fan powered pontoon boat. :)

Chicken hoop house a couple hours into the blizzard. I had tried to winterize it with tarps and plywood.

This is what the inside of the coop ended up looking like. (I put the chickens in dog crates in the garage)

Our driveway partially dug out. 

We lost power at 5pm when a roof from a building in town blew off and took down some lines. A window in the basement blew in and by time I could fix it, there was 3" of snow over half the basement.  My boyfriend couldn't make it home from work because the roads were impassable (and he has a 4wd vehicle).  Power was restored this afternoon.  It was quite a storm.

In typical windswept flatland style, parts of the yard have no snow, other parts have big 8 foot drifts.

But barring another power outage I'll be at Waterman this weekend!   :))

AFTERMATH

"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

Dixie Dennis

Hey George, hope to see you this weekend! My son Nathan and I are heading up from KY, another son (Matthew, student at N IL) will be there also. It just ain't nasty enough down here! Thanks for your instruction in Puryear, TN. I finally got my patch! (In Boaz, KY, thanks Spanner & DonD).
We were at Waterman for the 300. One question...Where will be shooting this weekend? At the 600 yard pit, or somewhere behind one of them there piles of dirt away from the wind???? That wind sure tunneled thru there in Sept.

I lived just a few miles away from Waterman, but moved down to God's country 15 years ago and my blood got thin!
"Can the liberties of a nation be secure, when we have removed the conviction that these liberties are the gift of God?" — Thomas Jefferson

2 clicks low

Quote from: Dixie Dennis on February 03, 2011, 12:02:23 PM
. One question...Where will be shooting this weekend? At the 600 yard pit, or somewhere behind one of them there piles of dirt away from the wind????

!@#) Wind?? Wind?? What Wind??  We don't got no stinking Wind! ++)
Forcast is for a balmy 25 with a light dusting of snow in the AM with a gentle breeze of 12 - 15 MPH.
This is a Rifleman's perfect day  ^:)^

As Gopher Boy is SB I suspect that we will be on the 600 (KD on Sunday  :bow: ??)

2cl

"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

EEL

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

barrysuperhawk

I can only hope the one in March has as spac-tacular weather as this one...
http://www.youtube.com/barrysuperhawk#p/u/82/J-yd9uFg-Ow

"Barry don't even know the meaning of light loads." -Jim Davidson

AFTERMATH

Quote from: barrysuperhawk on February 06, 2011, 12:56:53 AM
I can only hope the one in March has as spac-tacular weather as this one...

It's not the weather that's always spectacular; it's the climate! O0
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]