News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

E. Peoria Gun Show

Started by Klippefurt, February 06, 2011, 06:28:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Klippefurt

Another E. Peoria gun show is history! And, on Super Bowl weekend, no less! We sat up Saturday morning before breakfast. Castle Mountain showed up to help out, and Missouri Brigade joined us later on. Had a real nice turn-out, and we passed out a lot of info. Then, Sunday dawned, and Shooter 30-06 and Kay were on hand to help out. They reported that the road from Galesburg (I-74) was a bit nasty, but they stayed the course and were a lot of help! Castle Mountain returned for another stint as did Missouri Brigade. Castle Mountain brought a rifle stock equipped with a laser pointer, and we put on presentations of the steady hold factors that proved to be a big hit at the show. The crowd really thinned out about 2PM (could it be that the Super Bowl was a factor in this?????), so we started packing it all away until next time. We all had a lot of fun, and we got the message out to a lot of people. Gun shows are a lot of fun!!!!
See you all around the circuit!!
Cliff

Missouri Brigade

A good show.  We got to talk with many quality people.  People had better sign up early if they want a spot on the comfortable covered firing line at Chillicothe.

Castle Mountain

A most productive weekend at the East Peoria, Trade & Convention Centre which hosted the local area Gun Show.
We had an all-star cast of instructors which included Klipperfert, Missouri Brigade, Shooter 30-06, AK , Joannne and Dave Out-of-Ammo.  Although the lousy cold and recent snow storm did have some slow down effect it was still a really good turn out. We had numerous folks to talk to and were all busy from the get go. Indeed we may have come close to filling a shooting line with the quality of folks we all had time to share our Appleseed message with.

Central illinois should have a busy year. We have another gun show coming up in Bloomington and I hope those who live on the other side of Bloomington will seize this opportunity and staff it. Dave Out-of Ammo has an Appleseed reserved table the last weekend of February. Details to follow.

Then March 5 & 6th we have the high school in Elmwood Illinois hosting their annual Outdoor Sportsman event which expects a crowd of over 5000 people.  This will be an most important opportunity to reach the rural communities.

I had opportunity to speak at great length with a LEO from the East Peoria Police Dept who has been charged with the duty of establishing a new river patrol unit, under the auspices of Home Land Security. He is pondering having Appleseed do a weekend clinic with his special newly formed(special detail)- river patrol officers. Another good story involves two friends who were walking through and stopped at our booth. The father of one daughter
was so keen that he drove home to get his daughter to bring back to hear our message. They are coming to the first shoot in Chilicothe and she
is keen about the prospects of becoming an instructor. Yes the Poster Girl works well and was very well received. Can't wait till we get the 6 foot banner up.

Demonstrating steady hold factors, NPOA , discussing 6 steps of the shot, demonstrating sitting, standing and prone in the aisles with a laser  on a sighter target really drew a crowd and captured casual shoppers attention. We gave enough detail and history anecdotes that the prospects want more and many plan to attend their first shoot this year. This was truly possible thanks to all the instructors being so proactive with the gun show
passer byes. Thanks, Missouri Brigade, Cliff, AK, Shooter 30`06 , Joanne and Dave Out of Ammo for all that you do. This was a fun weekend.

Best regards,

CM
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

ItsanSKS

QuotePoster Girl works well and was very well received.

Details please?
"Those who would trade an ounce of liberty for an ounce of safety deserve neither."

"To save us both time in the future... how about you give me the combo to your safe and I'll give you the pin number to my bank account..."

Castle Mountain

Why this 18" X 24" laminated Poster that Spitstickler and I conceived. He is only the best graphic
artist in the nation. At a cost of about $20.00 per, I am waiting for Fred to ok our request for
more which reduces the cost dramatically. Every gun store, every police dept, every fire dept.
every rifle and pistol club will have one when we turn our Illinois & WisconSIN corps loose with them. ::)

By the way we refer to Wisconsin as WisconSIN because in the bible the term 'sin' (a Greek word
and archer's term) means missing the mark. Yeah, they can shoot that good ^:)^ 
Henceforth they are dubed the fine state of WisconSIN for their marksmanship..

You listening Deacon?  **)

Best regards to you good sir,

Castle Mountain

Quote from: ItsanSKS on February 07, 2011, 02:04:39 AM
QuotePoster Girl works well and was very well received.

Details please?
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Shooter30-06

Another great job by Cliff and Castle Mountain in setting up a very attractive table.  Well done!  Just to echo a comment by Cliff, the Sunday laser demonstrations were well received and attracted a lot of attention.  A lot of shooters were very impressed seeing how steady that laser dot was on target!  It was very nice to see Dave and Joanne up from Clinton.  Everyone have a nice week.
"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe