News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Saratoga Gun Show Jan 29 / 30, 2011

Started by R1SGx2, January 31, 2011, 08:37:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

R1SGx2

Appleseed had a table set up, Display was a LTR, Fliers for all local events, National Flier and many AS hand outs. Also on table was a 3 pound canon ball and British Bayonet. Appleseed banner was up on PVC frame over table.
Many hand shakes and a lot of 7 stepping, Talked for over an hour to local gun club president as well as member of club south of Albany that MAD Mark was talking to at the Albany Show last week. Immediately called A/DOM to try and set a meeting with that club.
Attendance Saturday was 2,500, didn't hear Sundays numbers but know it was smaller.
Saturday Crew:
Surefire / Tfelog / R1sgx2 and a member from club (who has shot rifleman)
Sunday Crew:
R1sgx2 / and member from club (clubs Chief Range Office).
Table was shared with club who paid for table. Club only had 2 hand outs.
Thank you Saraspa Rod and Gun Club for supporting and promoting Appleseed.
LittleMo and TheMrs stopped by on their buying spree,
and Spartan came down Sunday afternoon from Lake Placid after running a Biathlon up there. We went to the Golden Coral after, Buzzworth and Crak would of been proud of us.
Nice event. O0 Felt good afterwards.
"Eyes of the Warrior - Always open"
"What's the weather got to do with it, lets go."
"Appleseed, where good people come together to save a nation."

nyrasgt

R1sgx2 and rest of NY/New England Instructor cadre,
  Saratoga show sounds as if it built on Albany GS - well done. Mark and Scott need to get AS into the Wilton Club ASAP!

Be advised there is now additional motivation for both instructors and IITs to attend events in the vicinity of Northway Exit 19 (Hudson Falls F&G -  Feb and May, and Dunham's Bay March IBC and May-June).  Following Saratoga's (Exit 15) lead, we now have our very own Golden Corral about 1 mile East of Exit 19 - opened about a week ago.
  Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

Another D.O.M.

Very nicely done Mark, Dan, Ryan and the unnamed members of the SaraSpa Rod & Gun Club!  And a huge Thank You! to SaraSpa for sharing their table with Appleseed.

Mark, did you happen to get a name or contact info for the folks from the Coxsackie Sportsman's Club?  Coxsackie is about half way between Albany and Saugerties, where we are also working with a club to bring Appleseed to the Central Hudson River Valley region of NY.  I grew up in Greene County and know the area, and the culture, well.

Thanks to all for spending your weekend helping us to save a nation.
MJA
"Dark & difficult times lie ahead.  Soon we must all face the choice between what is right, and what is easy."  Dumbledore

Spartan

You really have to watch out for the Golden Corals....it can be deadly:)))  R1sgx2 was doing an awesome job at 7th stepping this weekend that is for sure.  He was unstopable.  Very Nice Gunshow.  Great way to 7th step and the banners, flyers info and US Flag was world class...
"With your shield or on it"

kDan

Quote from: nyrasgt on January 31, 2011, 09:46:53 PM
Northway Exit 19 (Hudson Falls F&G -  Feb and May, and Dunham's Bay March IBC and May-June).  Following Saratoga's (Exit 15) lead, we now have our very own Golden Corral about 1 mile East of Exit 19 - opened about a week ago.

Dude...  

from where I sit Exit 19 is Kingston/Rhinebeck and exit 15 is like below West Point, so I don't know what you's is talking about.  Saratoga's like near Canada or Vermont, ain't it?  Like Exit 400?  Never the less, good work.  Me and Rattlesnake are working on the Long Island Gun Show in March.  Little problem.  I'm SB that week-end at Calverton.  Who wants to come to Long Island?  Early word, early bird.  

Come on out, o my brothers and sisters and see what oppression is all about.  just kidding.   :'(

modified to give a thumbs up to GC  O0  - but you ain't been til you've been to the private meeting room with Fred in Ramseur (2-0-8!), or Asheville or that Springs town or whatever... whatever no worries, but it's in North Carolina! - home range RBC this month!  Worth the trip.  They have full size kd targets down there!  Go man Go!
"Hot dogs don't go bad"

-Scout