News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Rio Rancho, NM Jan 29-20 2011

Started by Devnull, January 31, 2011, 04:13:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

Well another windy New Mexico Appleseed has drawn to an end. We had two shooters come out and brave the cold bone-chilling winds on Saturday and both have shown dramatic improvements over their previous Appleseed!

While we didn't make any Riflemen this weekend we certainly have two women well on their way down the path to becoming Riflemen.   O0

See you all at our next Appleseed in the Albuquerque area in March!
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Captwa

Hey Dave,

Two ,one or twenty they received the best coaching available. Small group especially! Heck, after 5 Seeds I'm tired of waiting for Shorty ! A rifleman is patient,  I still say next round after she makes Riflewoman....Part of my secret plan.

Del Norte is a great facility and although I tried to convince Shorty to make it in Rio Rancho she has been battling a cold and it wasn't happening.  Ok so we happened to be in Alamo the week before.( does 70 deg. count for winterseed?)  I figured we could do a Sunday. Sorry about that . I'll have to work on my salesmanship.

Do not get discouraged !! I'll see if I can rouse some lame Americans around here for the next round. Even if it's just me. I know Santa Fe is a tough crowd and only 30% of Albuq. can hear you. 

Wa                                                     

Captwa

Sorry , should have said Chris. Guess I'll have to do a local seed to get the names and faces right.

Devnull

Quote from: Captwa on February 01, 2011, 02:55:08 AM
  Hey Dave,

Two ,one or twenty they received the best coaching available. Small group especially! Heck, after 5 Seeds I'm tired of waiting for Shorty ! A rifleman is patient,  I still say next round after she makes Riflewoman....Part of my secret plan.

Del Norte is a great facility and although I tried to convince Shorty to make it in Rio Rancho she has been battling a cold and it wasn't happening.  Ok so we happened to be in Alamo the week before.( does 70 deg. count for winterseed?)  I figured we could do a Sunday. Sorry about that . I'll have to work on my salesmanship.

Do not get discouraged !! I'll see if I can rouse some lame Americans around here for the next round. Even if it's just me. I know Santa Fe is a tough crowd and only 30% of Albuq. can hear you. 

Wa                                                     

Oh I won't get discouraged. We had 2 weeks to promote the shoot so it was iffy from the beginning. I'll run a shoot for just one person if that's all that show up!

So your in Santa Fe? We REALLY need to find a range up around there. Any ideas?
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

Captwa

Chris,

Not much for a municipal range here, I usually go where the rest of the locals do at Camel Tracks NMANG place on BLM .  Not the place to be when the yahoos come out and start shooting from behind you, not to mention the tv's and crap left behind.  Fun when the Guard comes out with the MG's ! I'll scout around for someone with the space for a private deal. Don't know about the political climate here for shooting center with all the cutbacks going around. Worst they can say is no.

It was nice this morning with only me and God out there. He wasn't coaching, just watching, so all the bad shots were mine.

Wa