News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

bill board locations

Started by colycat, January 28, 2011, 01:12:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

colycat

Hi to everyone who travels the highways.

Castle Mountain is looking for some reconnaissance for good bill board locations.  We can have the really big ones,  14' x 44'.

What we have to look for is empty signs that say rent this space or something like that.  He needs the location and the name of the company that rents it.  If we can find a good location, say Milw to Chicago or interstate between Rockford to madison , Milw to Madison, or anywhere that gets a lot of traffic, he will do all the leg work to get the space.

We have had good luck getting the space for almost nothing, as the companys do not want empty signs.

So, keep you eyes open and lets see if we can get this done before the spring AS season.

PM me or CM with locations.

BTW, have you all seen the new bill boards?
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Blue Five

Appleseed has billboards now?  That's awesome!

I know that a few weeks ago when I was traveling between La Crosse and Sparta on I-90 that Collins had a few billboards that were empty and wanted them to be used.  However, I have not been up that way for almost a month.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

colycat

This is the 14' x 48' bill board.  Is this crazy good or what?

http://www.kirkwheeler.com/Appleseed/36x11.jpg
"These are the times that try men's souls. The summer soldier and the sunshine patriot will, in this crisis, shrink from the service of their country; but he that stands it now, deserves the love and thanks of man and woman. Tyranny, like hell, is not easily conquered; yet we have this consolation with us, that the harder the conflict, the more glorious the triumph. What we obtain too cheap, we esteem too lightly: it is dearness only that gives everything its value."   T Paine

Two Wolves

Try agian CC, I don't think the picture came through. Regards ~Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

colycat

I just tried it and it worked.  Its a big file, so give it a little time to load.  Any one else try it?

2 clicks low

I also just tried it and it did not load. :(
2cl

Quote from: colycat on January 28, 2011, 01:50:01 PM
I just tried it and it worked.  Its a big file, so give it a little time to load.  Any one else try it?
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Ratchett

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Western Rose

Works for me. It takes a while to load though and you might have to reload the page a couple of times.

ETA: It freezes up this thread posting the picture, so, here's how you do it so that you can see it.

Copy and paste the thing that you see below into a reply, take out the * that you will find between "[" and "/" at the end, then click "preview" instead of "post". It may take a bit before it shows up, but it will show up eventually.

[img]http://www.kirkwheeler.com/Appleseed/36x11.jpg[*/img]

Quote from: 2 clicks low on January 28, 2011, 02:07:36 PM
I also just tried it and it did not load. :(
2cl

Quote from: colycat on January 28, 2011, 01:50:01 PM
I just tried it and it worked.  Its a big file, so give it a little time to load.  Any one else try it?
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Cooper

Right clicking and saving it also works.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Blue Five

Takes a couple minutes for it to load, but it works for me.  That's a nice looking billboard!  O0  ^:)^

That AR-15 has some nice looking furniture on it too... :~

B5
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Two Wolves

Thanks Cooper. O0 I've been trying for an hour and your solution worked great. ^:)^ ~ Two Wolves
A moral compass provides a basis for making decisions; an action is good or bad, right or wrong when viewed in the light of the individual's moral bearing. If no moral compass exists for the individual, then decisions and actions are made on the basis of purely subjective thoughts. This leads to "If it makes me happy, or makes me feel good, or if it's something I simply want to do, then it is right and good."

Western Rose

But Cooper, that would be too easy! LOL!!! Thanks! :cool2: I had no idea you could do it that way! ^:)^ I tend to figure things out the hard way. $$-0 %)
Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

Two Wolves

It only makes sense that after having just experienced Coopers border raid posts that she would have a way to infiltrate and manipulate this file. :---

Cooper

Quote from: Two Wolves on January 28, 2011, 03:41:20 PM
It only makes sense that after having just experienced Coopers border raid posts that he would have a way to infiltrate and manipulate this file. :---

What !?!?!  ME manipulate??  **)
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Blue Five

Quote from: Cooper on January 28, 2011, 03:57:58 PM
Quote from: Two Wolves on January 28, 2011, 03:41:20 PM
It only makes sense that after having just experienced Coopers border raid posts that he would have a way to infiltrate and manipulate this file. :---

What !?!?!  ME manipulate??  **)

You'd never do that... ;D

colycat

Just imagine driving on the I and you see this bill board.  48' long(big).  How cool is this going to be.  Soooo where is the empty sign?

sparks1

I'm sure there are some empty billboards around the Twin Cities that need this kind of eye candy. Great billboard!  O0 O0

Sure would be nice to have in all the lower 48.  (No offense meant AK or HI)

I will keep my eyes open for a BB.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

crash

:wb:
"The only thing most people do better than anyone else is read their own handwriting."
― John Adams

Deacon

We need this billboard ASAP!!!

Castle Mountain wants it yesterday!  I will be heading to Milwaukee on Monday or Tuesday of next week and will take a look both ways.

Anyone going to be traveling Rockford to Madison??? or Kenosha to Milwaukee???

This billboard will really help make the next step for Appleseed ALL OVER THE COUNTRY!

sparks1

Did not mean to step on a Wi thread.

I googled outdoor billboard advertising in Mn. and got lots of hits. Most the companies also list their vacant signs along with contact information. Some are national companies and some are local billboard owners.

I would say to figure out your prime locations for maximum exposure and then check to see if any are available. Here in Mn. I would think that one between Mpls. and Duluth on I-35 would be best. Lots of weekend traffic going north.

Luck to Ya  O0 Actually just some diligent work will do the trick.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

professor gun

That is a great billboard.  Even more impressive is the wooden furniture the young lady has on her AR-15, I love those stocks.
Honoring my ancestor, Seth Hall, of the Massachusetts Militia for his sacrifices during our American Revolution that helped to provide freedom for all Americans.

Hazmatt

I noticed two billboards empty on my way to Madison, WI this weekend. They were both located by Hwy 89 and I-94 in Lake Mills. It's almost halfway between Milwaukee and Madison. One was covered in black plastic so I don't know what they are doing with it. But it is owned by Clear Channel, it had an ID # of 009308 . The other billboard is also by Lake Mills, I did not get an ID off of it but it is really close to the other one and it is owned by Clear Channel. This one said it was available.  I believe both of these are the big size and lit if that matters.

I will be driving to Racine, through Milwaukee this coming week so I will look for more.