News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Give me five minutes!

Started by Brumley Dog, January 27, 2011, 01:28:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brumley Dog

The white house is now talking about additional gun control. Riflemen, you need to start calling your Senators right away before this legislation even comes off the printer.

http://www.newsweek.com/2011/01/27/white-house-to-push-gun-control.html

Take five minutes, call these two numbers and tell them you're opposed to any additional gun control:

Claire McCaskill - 202-224-6154

Roy Blunt - 202-224-5721

A Rifleman always votes. If we have to win our rights back through violence we've already lost.

-Jesse

Brumley Dog

Has anybody made a call?

Riflemen - please take a minute to fight the easy battle so we don't have to fight the hard one

-Jesse

thursday

I looked into this and could not find any specifics ie bill number or even what policy changes were proposed, I hate to call before I have more details.  If you find out more keep us informed, I assure you I am not shy about calling my elected representatives.
if you do one good deed your reward usually is to be set to to do another and harder and better one.-C.S.Lewis

It takes a lifetime to build a good reputation, and fifteen minutes to build a bad one.-My Dad

EEL

Agreed.  When I have called my reps, they want to know house or senate bill numbers.  No generic "I want you to vote NO on more gun control issues".

EEL

P.S. Say, howse youse guys doin' down there in free country?  :cool2:
Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

Brumley Dog

Neither of my senators or my representative asked for a bill number. I want to voice my opposition before a bill even hits the floor.

Have you noticed we haven't heard anything else about this? Maybe wishful thinking, and maybe people started calling...

-J

Ladywolf

The latest info is the bills are being drafted at the moment, by Senator Chuck Shumer, and another bill is being sponsored by Rep. Carolyn McCarthy, both of New York.  Latest news info is that the President is looking for ways around Congress, using Executive orders or agency actions in order to push further gun control. That's the latest news I have found.
"If you don't use it, you lose it."

Blue Five

I'll be calling/writing (or both) my senators and congressman.  Why can't the anti-gunners just leave us gun owners alone? 
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

sparks1

Quote from: Blue Five on March 16, 2011, 11:56:02 AM
Why can't the anti-gunners just leave us gun owners alone? 

Read your history ( I know you have) its about control of the populace, and one needn't go very far back in history to see the outcome.  If people don't think it can happen here, they are dead wrong.
Integrity is easier to keep, than to regain.

The Truth is that teamwork is at the heart of great accomplishment. 
(John Maxwell)

Zak

our civil liberties are being weakened and slowly erased every day
Power without responsibility is Tyranny. 
Responsibility without power is futility.

Blue Five

Quote from: sparks1 on March 16, 2011, 06:25:51 PM
Quote from: Blue Five on March 16, 2011, 11:56:02 AM
Why can't the anti-gunners just leave us gun owners alone? 

Read your history ( I know you have) its about control of the populace, and one needn't go very far back in history to see the outcome.  If people don't think it can happen here, they are dead wrong.

Right on, Sparks.
"Don't fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have a war, let it begin here!" ~Captain John Parker, April 19, 1775.

Molōn labe! :--- 

cmidkiff

While you're calling, take a second to consider the following...  April 6 is the 25th Annual Gun Rights Rally at the capitol in Jeff City.  Want to make a difference in MO state politics?  SHOW UP!  No stronger statement can be made than taking a day off work, driving to the capitol for such an event, and speaking directly to your representitives.

Last year, there were empty chairs at this event.  Can't let that happen again... we need to rock this place!

KC area folks, Western MO Shooters Alliance is running a bus out of KC, for $20, you can let someone else do the driving.  (http://www.wmsa.net/).  I'm not sure, but Gateway Civil Liberties Alliance generally does something similar out of St. Louis.