News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Activities at the Ramseur range on non-event days?

Started by Fox4, January 25, 2011, 11:16:30 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fox4

I'm pretty sure this is going to qualify as a newbie question that's been asked many a time before, but try as I might I can not find the answer in the forum.  I just missed the 1-16-11 event and am wondering if there might be shooting and instructors at the range during non-event weekends.  Wondering if people practice on non-event days there.  Do I need to join separately as a member of the range also?  Apologies if this is redundant and I appreciate everyone's efforts with this forum and the project .......... looking forward to getting started!

Fox4

George63

hawkeye

The range is closed to the public except for Appleseeds, Field shoots,and Highpower NRA shoots. Look in the Home range thread for info on these events. We do have work days to paint, move dirt on berms, and for other maintenance items.We have a mini field shoot on those days. During week days the Zoo , LEOs and others use it.
"Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a piece of crap by the clean end." Texas A&M student

Fred

Quote from: hawkeye on January 26, 2011, 08:31:24 AM
We do have work days to paint, move dirt on berms, and for other maintenance items.We have a mini field shoot on those days.

So if you're close enough to come out for a work day, Hawk would appreciate the help - and there's usually long-range shooting at the end of the work day...

If interested, PM him with your offer of help, and get your centerfire out. :)
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Fox4

Fred, Hawkeye and George63 - Thanks for your fast replies and good info.  A work day is just my speed, sending my PM now.  Thanks again for your work here, looking forward to meeting you on the firing line soon!

-Fox4