News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Appleseed AAR Pictures

Started by Grin Reaper, June 11, 2007, 03:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grin Reaper

Just what the title says.  Sometimes we need self-promoting pictures of the work we do here.  Here's where they go.
"There's gotta be a few umlauts laying around somewhere." JB

RifleWoman

Open your picture in your photo viewer, and save it as a smaller file.  Lowest quality and then upload that.  You can also change the size of the photo to like 5X8 and that will help as well.

Good luck
Many hands make light work and easy bailing.

Scout

If you are using brilliant photo, select the pics and then click file and resize photos and then compress. :)
BattleRoadUSA.com

"Who wants Ice Cream?" Fred

Sixty seconds is way too long for a minute, I am cutting it down to thirty seven seconds- SoM

"You can shout it, you can preach it, but no matter how many times you repeat it, NEVER believe your own bullSh*t." (as told to me by Grin Reaper)

dwarven1

Instead of loading the pix on the board, why not set up a free account at www.photobucket.com and then post the pix there. Copy the URL and paste it here.

It should look something like this: [NOT an IMG]http://i8.photobucket.com/albums/a29/canthsrider/Ben_1.jpg[/IMG]

Just remove the characters "NOT an" in the first section; I had to do it that way or else you'd have seen this:

Or just do a quote and you'll see what the text of a correctly posted pic is. (btw, that's my nephew - and yes, he's been to an Appleseed!)
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

The Guy

Remind Ben that it doesn't look like he is FOLLOWING THROUGH.....!!!

;D

dwarven1

Yeah, I know. I've worked with him on his stance, too.
Unhappy it is ... to reflect that a brother's sword has been sheathed in a brother's breast, and that the once happy and peaceful plains of America are either to be drenched with blood or inhabited by slaves. Sad alternative! But can a virtuous man hesitate in his choice?

GEORGE WASHINGTON

Buckshot

Quote from: The Guy on June 18, 2007, 12:13:44 PM
Remind Ben that it doesn't look like he is FOLLOWING THROUGH.....!!!

;D

Dwarven,

His upper body is such that his center of mass is behind the center line of his support (straight down from the hips).

It should be IN FRONT of his center line of support.

He is leaning back when he should be leaning forward.  Leaning forward lets you control the recoil while being "behind you support" lets the recoil be exaggerated by your stance.

Buckshot

ax238

after much trouble..i got the Wabash IN pics uploaded on Photobucket.com

http://s197.photobucket.com/albums/aa239/mubah/

there is the link to cut and paste in your browser

Ax
Tyrants prefer disarmed victims. Those who want freedom must be willing to fight for it.

Cache

Me and my girls at the SLC Appleseed.
One week of rifleman training ...in 2 days, for only $70.

dwarven1

Quote from: Buckshot on June 19, 2007, 12:14:19 AM
His upper body is such that his center of mass is behind the center line of his support (straight down from the hips).
I know - I have worked with him since to try and correct it. Unfortunately, he shot BB guns when he was younger, so I'm fighting several years of bad habits. I will persevere, though.

He doesn't know it yet, but he's getting a Trainer rifle for his birthday. Need to pick up a 10/22 and make the appropriate modifications. I have a couple of months yet, though... and he doesn't have his FID yet, either, so I may have more time than that, depending on how slow NY is.

BTW... for those that met Ben and his girlfriend Liz at the Hartford Appleseed shoot - he finally popped the question... and she said yes.  ;D ;D ;D

GEORGE WASHINGTON

FiremanBill

Can anyone recall the date and location of this event?

Appleseed? 
Attendees?
Riflemen?

Thanks

FiremanBill
Historianm +ofr`
"The evil of the world is made possible by nothing but the sanction you give it."
Ayn Rand, Atlas Shrugged, 1957

Jack Ryan for President!

CQ CQ CQ de N8NRT.....