News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AIBC coming to New Mexico!

Started by Devnull, January 24, 2011, 02:25:52 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Devnull

Folks, we will be having an Advanced IBC here in the Albuquerque area April 30-May 1st. We're going to have this open to all instructors and IITs.

So why would you want to go to an AIBC? Well it is run by Fred, the founder of Appleseed and you will have the opportunity to discuss directly with him concerns, problems, ideas or any other thing you might want to bring up with Fred himself. Not to mention it is an awesome chance for all of us NM instructors and the surrounding states to get together. I can tell you that some of the best people I know I've met through Appleseed and it isn't very often we all get a chance to get together.

I am finalizing the location and we should have it on the schedule sometime this week. Please post here if you are thinking of coming.

Instructors in Arizona, Colorado and Texas, your all welcome to attend too. The AIBC will be in the Albuquerque area so you can fly in or of course drive in.

More to come as I figure it out.
"What the heck. I haven't volunteered for something in oh say 6 hours."

oladcock

Sounds like a plan! Strawberry and I'll be there, barring the creek doesn't rise...O.L.   ^:)^
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

President Roswell Gun Club
AQT 246
WSMR 03-10 ... Sapper Steel
IBC 2018
KD Ft. Bliss Tx. 214  2019
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

nmmi9100

Expect I'll be there...

Have you warned Fred to wear a cup?...

-David

Gideon

If it's open to all IIT's, I'd be interested!   8)

Gideon

BobABQ

staplegund

hat.
-SG
P.S. I have a cup, but sure hope it isn't needed!  ???
Mischief springs from the power which the moneyed interest derives from a paper currency which they are able to control, from the multitude of corporations with exclusive privileges... which are employed altogether for their benefit. --Andrew Jackson

Fred

To fire you guys up, here's some stuff to read in prep:

QuoteDoes anyone know if there is anything we should be prepared for?

Yes, I'd suggest if you get time, you carefully read http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=18654.0 "Chicken Little, the Darkside, and Other Matters"

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=19907.0, "Remembering the Basics..."

Also, http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20317.0, "On being a follower..."

Some of these things are pretty densely written, and it may pay to print out a copy so you can review again just before the IBC. These posts I made embody a small portion of the AIBC - but an important portion.

Thanks in advance to all who have committed to being at this event. It should be an interesting weekend.

Here's a bonus: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20157.msg158574#msg158574, "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff..."

PS: Don't know about the "cup" stuff, but everyone is welcome to come - even 0-2 IITs (reports from IIT0s have been uniformly favorable about the AIBC).
"Ready to eat dirt and sweat bore solvent?" - Ask me how to become an RWVA volunteer!

"...but he that stands it now, deserves the thanks of man and woman alike..."   Paine

"If you can read this without a silly British accent, thank a Revolutionary War veteran" - Anon.

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again" - Thomas Paine

What about it, do-nothings? You heard the man, jump on in...

Cooper

YO!
'seeder's!

YOU need to come to an AIBC!

Learn why at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20535.0

Don't make Rifledog and I come to NM with a clown bat!

Make the time, make the effort; it is well worth it for you, and even more important in saving our sinking ship!

Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Devnull

Quote from: Cooper on February 23, 2011, 01:19:58 AM
YO!
'seeder's!

YOU need to come to an AIBC!

Learn why at http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20535.0

Don't make Rifledog and I come to NM with a clown bat!

Make the time, make the effort; it is well worth it for you, and even more important in saving our sinking ship!

Janelle

Why not come anyway?  >:D

Seriously, we have a "no clown bat" policy in New Mexico. Here it is mandatory to use a cholla cactus when clown batting.  &)

SamD

Maybe we need to send some cholla to Minnehaha so they can find out  ;D

Cooper

Quote from: Devnull on February 23, 2011, 02:40:57 PM
Why not come anyway?  >:D

Seriously, we have a "no clown bat" policy in New Mexico. Here it is mandatory to use a cholla cactus when clown batting.  &)

Quote from: SamD on February 23, 2011, 03:24:31 PM
Maybe we need to send some cholla to Minnehaha so they can find out  ;D

Since I grew up in the Southwest, I'm quite familiar with the joys of cholla !  :'(

I'm having a real hard time growing cacti in the frozen North, but my yucca plants are doing great!!  O0

Since I'm going to be in NV late September, I'm trying to figure out whether to drop by in NM or AZ...  :-\

Coop

"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

JustJeff

Quote from: Cooper on February 23, 2011, 03:43:40 PM

Since I grew up in the Southwest, I'm quite familiar with the joys of cholla !  :'(

I'm having a real hard time growing cacti in the frozen North, but my yucca plants are doing great!!  O0

Since I'm going to be in NV late September, I'm trying to figure out whether to drop by in NM or AZ...  :-\

Coop

Why choose one over the other?  We're neighbors, so you could pretend you're doing a border raid when you do both.
Your version of "ineffective" does not necessarily reflect the truth....
Having been "ineffectively" taught to the Rifleman Standard and having been "ineffectively" taught to teach others to the Rifleman Standard, I believe I prefer the "ineffective" over the other choice.

TaosGlock

Just signed up!
Who else is coming ?
89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

nmmi9100

WindRider

Me too.

Unfortunately, two of the links posted above by Fred don't seem to be accessible to me, specifically "Chicken Little, the Darkside, and Other Matters" and "Don't Sweat the Small Stuff..."  Are IIT1's locked out?

- Alan

TaosGlock

89 fantastic Appleseeds since 2008/24 Libertyseeds!
Adventure Camp Director/Current Lead Rifle Instructor: NRA WC Raton,NM
New Mexico's first Rifleman: Sept. 2008 NRAWC
Their walls are filled with cannonballs, their motto is don't tread on me-Grateful Dead
Liberty is not a cruise ship full of pampered passengers. It is a man of war and we are all crew-Boston T. Party
"Make no mistake, when you cheer for the people of the American Revolution, you are cheering for traitors and criminals.
They broke the law, because liberty is always illegal"- Larken Rose

oladcock

Strawberry and I are signed up, Sat only so won't get many AQT's done! :) Just kidding...O.L.
"The price good men pay for indifference to public affairs is to be ruled by evil men." Plato 400BC

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Cooper

Best use of a weekend you can ever have in a mortal lifespan...

Not that I am partial in any way....

Janelle

oladcock

Hey Chris, due to the events of the last couple weeks, Juli and I won't be able to make it. I'd like Fred to clarify Appleseed policy on shooting jackets and other apparel on patches and placement. IMO, too many is tacky and unprofessional and may give those on the fence a poor impression, the very ones we're trying to reach. Just asking.

Another question is what's going on with "state sovereignty" as far as Appleseed is concerned? What works in other states may or may not be best for every state.  Ya'll drive safe...O.L. 

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx
Alamogordo NM
Alburquerque NM
41 Lead Farm Tx

Devnull

Quote from: oladcock on April 29, 2011, 12:58:36 PM
Hey Chris, due to the events of the last couple weeks, Juli and I won't be able to make it. I'd like Fred to clarify Appleseed policy on shooting jackets and other apparel on patches and placement. IMO, too many is tacky and unprofessional and may give those on the fence a poor impression, the very ones we're trying to reach. Just asking.

Another question is what's going on with "state sovereignty" as far as Appleseed is concerned? What works in other states may or may not be best for every state.  Ya'll drive safe...O.L.

I'll be sure to get those questions asked. Though honestly I don't see what difference "state sovereignty" is going to make for us. We've always done things a little differently and get the job done well. I think here things are as they should be. But that's just my opinion.

oladcock

I guess it's just a matter of how much freedom each state has on policy/leadership? May be a moot question.......O.L.

AQT 246
IBC 2018
IBC 2021

Roswell, NM
Carlsbad NM
El Paso Tx
Lubbock Tx
New Deal Tx
Levelland Tx