News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

DASHBOARD: Hartford - March 12/13, 2011 Status & Task List

Started by CortJestir, January 23, 2011, 09:54:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

CortJestir

Status and Task List for:
Hartford Appleseed - March 12-13, 2011
Last Updated: March 15, 2011

Event Information

Date:March 12-13, 2011
Shoot Boss:The Log
Instructors/IITs:CortJestir, Who_Me?, Glock23, Jay Haich (Sun Only)
Pre-Registrations: 4/20
Event Information Page: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=20258.0
Pre-Registration Page:http://www.eventbrite.com/event/1241727039
Flyer Download:
Event Flyer: TBD
CT Flyer: http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=12171.0

Tasks / Action Items
These items below require action. Please respond in this thread to volunteer and complete a task or fill a role.
Items with names and dates in parens have been assigned and are in progress. Items with a strike are complete.

Logistics, Administrative and Staffing

• Host contacted
  • Present to club's Board of Directors
  • Event scheduled with Host
  • Host Application signed and submitted
  • EIP information submitted
  • Shoot Boss needed
  • Red Hat(s) needed
  • Orange Hats needed
  • Management of target backers and shoot supplies (Target line - vernic82; shoot box - CortJestir)
  • Pre-shoot setup

Promotional Tasks

• Distribute Event Flyers at Newington Gun Exchange, Hoffman's, JoJo's, Milford Gun and Safe, other gun stores
  • Distribute Event Flyers at CT public ranges (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at your gun club / Mention Appleseed at your gun club's next meeting (All volunteers)
  • Post event information at CTShooting.com
  • Post event information at Northeastshooters.com
  • Post event information at AR15.com
  • Post event information at TheFiringLine.com
  • Post event information at TheHighRoad.org
  • Other promotional tasks?

Promotional Efforts to Date

CT Appleseed Facebook Page

"I hate quotations. Tell me what you know." - Ralph Waldo Emerson :D

CortJestir

This one's on the pistol range. We have another one in June on the Rifle Range. No April 19th shoot there this year.  :-\ But have no fear, we're working on getting two April 19th shoots in Chaplin and Colebrook. Stay tuned.

The Log

Signed up to RH - SB or not to be determined. Updated my Google AS calendar with this event, plus added tentative April 19th slots for Colebrook and Chaplin.
"The future belongs to those that show up." - hawkhavn

Who_Me?

"Heritage is history you care about" - Fred

"I know not with what weapons World War III will be fought, but World War IV will be fought with sticks and stones." -Albert Einstein

The Old Guide

I'll be signing up as an IIT4. Instructor Scheduling is only 20 feet from where I sit. Wife is North Country Lady and she's also a Volunteer Shoot Admin. She sure likes her pink RWVA hat. She has been Shoot Admin at Columbia, Maine and Bennington, VT. Unless you already have a Volunteer Shoot Admin you can put her down. She's also an Adaptive Appleseeder.

(Edited to add; Crak tells me I'm an IIT4.)

The Old Guide
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012
Northeast SC Confab, Feb. 13

vernic82

I'm gonna miss this one as the mid-month weekend each month I'm teaching the Pistol Course thu 2011 :-\

Quote from: The Old Guide on January 26, 2011, 08:41:57 PM
Unless you already have a Volunteer Shoot Admin .......

How do I get one of these at a shoot I SB??? :cool2:

Ahh - recruit one! ;D
"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

"Yeah well, that's just, ya know, like, your opinion, man."
- The Dude

The Log

OG --

Glad to have you and your better half! We've never had a Shoot Admin before - guess I need to read up on what that entails. But it sounds full of crunchy goodness...

Log

Quote from: The Old Guide on January 26, 2011, 08:41:57 PM
I'll be signing up as an IIT4. Instructor Scheduling is only 20 feet from where I sit. Wife is North Country Lady and she's also a Volunteer Shoot Admin. She sure likes her pink RWVA hat. She has been Shoot Admin at Columbia, Maine and Bennington, VT. Unless you already have a Volunteer Shoot Admin you can put her down. She's also an Adaptive Appleseeder.

(Edited to add; Crak tells me I'm an IIT4.)

The Old Guide

The Old Guide

What? You don't have Volunteer Shoot Admins in CT? She shows up with a full size camper and serves coffee to instructors too.

The short story;

Assemble hand-out packets from shoot box
Check people in.
Check for hearing protection for EVERYBODY
Get signed releases from EVERYBODY including spectators and press
Issue chamber flag AFTER they have paid
Issue T-shirts AFTER they have paid
Hand out stuff
Check in late arrivals
Audit the money
Keep track of shots fired all day
Monitor scores
Report results

It frees up the SB to do real SB stuff.

http://jonesboro.ebayclassifieds.com/trailers-rvs/paragould/2004-ragen-toy-hauler-camper-21-ft-onan-generator-bathroom-loaded/?ad=7661399

You can tell which is our camper. It's the one with the Appleseed sticker on the rear ramp and the entry door and it's probably flying Commodore Ezek Hopkins' battle flag from the Battle of Machias, Maine.
Our history is not a list of dates and places. It is a dynamic adventure of freedom and individual courage.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

Glock23

Quote from: The Old Guide on January 27, 2011, 12:46:28 PM
Assemble hand-out packets from shoot box
Check people in.
Check for hearing protection for EVERYBODY
Get signed releases from EVERYBODY including spectators and press
Issue chamber flag AFTER they have paid
Issue T-shirts AFTER they have paid
Hand out stuff
Check in late arrivals
Audit the money
Keep track of shots fired all day
Monitor scores
Report results

Whoa, awesome!!

vernic82

"To be ignorant of what occurred before you were born is to remain always a child. For what is the worth of human life, unless it is woven into the life of our ancestors by the records of history?"
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

"You are not entitled to your opinion. You are entitled to your informed opinion. No one is entitled to be ignorant."
~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Log

Quote from: The Old Guide on January 27, 2011, 12:46:28 PM
It's like ... some beautiful dream....

:bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow: :bow:

Reached out to North Country Lady in a PM to make sure we honor her volunteer efforts and provide everything she needs to help make this shoot a success. We're rolling out the red carpet, CT Crew - this is a gift from heaven, and I'd really like to see a packed house for this shoot. Let's get the promo machine ramped up!!

The Old Guide

We'll be there, but this is scheduled for March 12. Up here that is winter. Whether we show up with the camper or not depends on whether we can dig it out a few days prior. We could be hitting a local motel.

BTW, Buzzworth liked it at Bennington.

If your girls do these things at Hartford, let them continue with what they do. Never discourage a volunteer. We won't be offended at all.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

OK, we are 24 days out from the shoot. There are zero shooters signed up on the instructor board. What's up?

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Log

We'll get there. The pre-registration thread seems to lag behind the Eventbrite numbers, although I just checked Eventbrite and there are still 20 slots left for Hartford. We had a good promo event at Cabela's two weekends back, and we made a lot of good contacts, so I expect the numbers to climb soon.

We typically see a lot of last minute registrations - we're less than two weeks out of the Colebrook shoot (Feb 26-27), and we were stuck at one pre-reg for the longest time. We're up to six, according to Eventbrite, and I have promises for at least one more and strong possibilities on four or five more. A good turnout for that shoot should help Hartford, since we usually get "almost-Rifleman" shooters that came close and want to try again right away - that's what I did after my first shoot.

The Log

Eventbrite says we've got the first two pre-registrations! We're still three weeks out, so keep the faith. And keep up the Seventh Stepping.

The Old Guide

At less than two weeks out the instructor board still shows zero registered. Anybody have further word from Eventbrite?

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

CortJestir

Keep in mind, the Instructor Board does not provide real-time data for pre-registrations. The shooter cap for this event is 20. If you go to the Eventbrite link, it will say 18 tickets remaining which means Eventbrite has 2 registered as of now.

And I just got word that 2 others have recently switched registrations to Hartford, but the change has not been reflected yet.

Lastly, I myself have at least one shooter who is close to signing up.

I'm confident that we'll bring more shooters in the next few weeks with a concerted push from everyone. Hartford normally draws in shooters because of its location as well. And as we thaw out from all the snow in the next week, we may see more coming to the line.

But, in my view, it's just as much an Appleseed if there's only one student. It will all have been worth it if that one student becomes an instructor or tells 10, 20, 30 people about Appleseed. Just food for thought...

Hope this helps,
CJ

vernic82

Quote from: CortJestir on February 28, 2011, 10:43:13 AM

And I just got word that 2 others have recently switched registrations to Hartford, but the change has not been reflected yet.

Any word on where they "switched" their registration 'from'?
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

CortJestir

It may have been Lebanon, Vernic. Not sure if it was this weekend's shoot or the one at the end of March.

The Old Guide

It looks like Hartford is pretty well covered. By the end of this week I'll decide whether to switch to Lebanon.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

vernic82

Quote from: CortJestir on February 28, 2011, 10:51:42 AM
It may have been Lebanon, Vernic. Not sure if it was this weekend's shoot or the one at the end of March.

Could explain the 2 No Shows this weekend?
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

vernic82

Quote from: The Old Guide on February 28, 2011, 01:00:36 PM
It looks like Hartford is pretty well covered. By the end of this week I'll decide whether to switch to Lebanon.

OG - you're welcomed to join me at Lebanon - we already have 17 registered for the 3-26/27 shoot so we'll hopefully sell out - not to mention you can camp on site and it prolly looks a lot more like Maine in Lebanon than you'd think! O0
― Marcus Tullius Cicero

~ Harlan Ellison

- The Dude

The Old Guide

Yesterday we had 38 inches of snow on the ground and we got another 8 today so my camper won't be going anywhere on March 11. We'll be in a motel. A lot can happen between March 11 and March 25 so the camper could be a possibility for Lebanon. I have seen both sites on the map and I went by Lebanon the day the power plant blew up over a year ago.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012

The Old Guide

OK; Sorry Hartford, but Lebanon has 17 shooters confirmed with Eventbrite. Wifey North Country Lady) is switching me to Lebanon. Maybe I'll come down to Hartford another time. For background info, Hartford is just as close to West Virginia as it is to my place out here in the woods. From my back yard to the next paved road is 42 miles through the woods. Most of our neighbors are moose and bear.

Crak's IBC, August 2010.
Fred's AIBC, April 2011
kDan's IBC, March 2012