News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

New from Kansas City

Started by 356, January 23, 2011, 05:17:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greetings from Kansas City. I am new to the forum, and have toyed with participating in an Appleseed event for awhile. Glad to be aboard.

Short overview: I first heard of Appleseed at a local outdoor range north of Kansas City. One a gun forum that I moderate, several members promoted Appleseed as a great way to improve marksmanship. I am an NRA Pistol Instructor and MO CCW instructor, and have not spent much time with long guns since my days with the USAR.

Look forward to getting to know some of you. I am not able to be away from my church on Sunday mornings, but will be glad to connect at other times.

4bfox

Our next shoot in Eureka, KS is Saturday, Feb 12th....a 1-day "Winterseed" event. Hopefully The ][rishman (KS State Coordinator) will be here....

4b
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

HectorFuego

Approximately where in the KC area do you live.  I'm in Lee's Summit. 

There is a shoot coming up on April 2 & 3 at the Pioneer Gun Club range near Bates City.  Hope to see you there.  Bring plenty of ammo. :~

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.

4bfox

We just posted another shoot in Pittsburg, KS on Feb 19-20th.

4b
"A liberal is someone who feels a great debt to his fellow man, which debt he proposes to pay off with your money" G. Gordon Liddy

Eureka, KS RBC 05-11
Eureka, KS RBC 07-10

shootermedic816

I am also from the Metro area and have never been to an Appleseed.  I am interested in the Bates City shoot since its fairly close to home but was wondering what time they started each day. 
Thanks!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:
Bates City, MO April 2-3, 2011

Cookie Lady

Jonathan -

We generally ask shooters to show up by 8:30am, so that we can start promptly.

Look forward to meeting you!

Cookie Lady

shootermedic816

Just trying to figure out if I should rent a cheap hotel room or not... I would think I can leave Liberty and be to where the shoot is taking place within an hour so it might not be necessary....  Thanks for the quick response!
-Jonathan
AKA ShooterMedic816
Appleseeds Attended:
Bates City, MO April 2-3, 2011

Greg in MO

Cookie Lady and I live just north of Liberty and always drive to Bates City the morning of.  There aren't any hotels in Bates anyway.  If you leave by 7am, you will get there with plenty of time to spare.

Greg

HectorFuego

If you are into camping, you could drive down on Saturday morning, and camp at the Pioneer range that night.  Then you would only have to drive it once.  The range has an excellent club house with indoor plumbing and showers.  You can buy soft drinks and snacks from the club, and we usually have lunches availabe for about $5 per person. 

Hope to see you there.

Hector
If you can't kill it with a 30-06 you ain't in North America.
"You miss 100 percent of the shots you never take." Wayne Gretzky
"It'll feel better when it quits hurtin." My late dad, a Mariine veteran of the Battle of Iwo Jima.