News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR - Buckeye, AZ. JAN 22-23-2011

Started by AZOpie, January 23, 2011, 12:07:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

AZOpie

Thanks to all who came out today to invest in learning about their heritage and improving their marksmanship skills as well. More to come after the shoot, but for now here's some photos of the day. Feel free to chime in!

Old Glory!

Buckeye, AZ in January; a good place to be.   8)

Wow!  Shirtsleeves.  All that sunshine.  Wish we were there.  :-\  It was -12 here in WI on Fri morning.  Warmed right up to about 12 above today.   ::)

Is that Bruce putting the Orange Hat to good use?   ^-^ 

Nice work everyone.   Persist!

"My primary objective is to change hearts and minds, for that is where the gaping hole in the hull of the USS America lies. I am looking to make a spark and praying that it will ignite, by their own will, into a bonfire in their hearts and souls."  PHenry

"Folks, this Appleseed thing doesn't work if we get a patch and go home. It doesn't work if we shoot a Rifleman score and remember the good times we had out on the range. It only works if we take that 7th Step and spread the 'seed. HUZZAH!!!"  Slim 

April 18-19, 2009  "The seeds of rifle marksmanship were sown in good ground.  In the end, then, every attendee walked away as an instructor for their friends, family, coworkers.  May you tend your patch in Liberty's garden well and through a long life."  Francis Marion

AZOpie

Our first Rifleman of the weekend was Tom with a 248 on the only AQT shot on Saturday. We challenged him to improve - and he did with a 250 on the very next AQT!!!  ^:)^
A job extremely well done sir!

There were two others knocking at the door when we scored the Saturday AQTs that evening, and both shot the Rifleman score on Sunday:

Paul came up from Tucson to shoot a 218 on the first AQT of the day on Sunday. Scott persisted after the final redcoat on Sunday to shoot a 217 after switching to a loaner. He got (2) 5 round sighters to adjust the sights and then shot his rilfleman score. I was most impressed with his persistance, he never gave up. It should be mentioned that he was shooting up to 199, with a bolt action, using 5 round magazines. Oh, did I mention he did that LEFT HANDED? Now his job is to help Lisa to practice and come back next time so she can do what she, and we, all know she can.  O0

AZOpie

Quote from: Old Glory! on January 23, 2011, 01:26:36 AM
Buckeye, AZ in January; a good place to be.   8)

Wow!  Shirtsleeves.  All that sunshine.  Wish we were there.  :-\  It was -12 here in WI on Fri morning.  Warmed right up to about 12 above today.   ::)

Is that Bruce putting the Orange Hat to good use?   ^-^  

Nice work everyone.   Persist!

Bruce has been pretty busy this month, but did come by to coordinate coming out to future shoots. Oh, and it was just bone chilling in the morning - 43 degrees I believe.  >:D

AZO

passinthru

Great shoot, you guys!! ;D ;D ^:)^ ^:)^ ^:)^
Fantastic scores Tom, if you need a new challenge, try to get all V's,  --OR-- shoot from the other side (lefty?)
I think I counted 23 or 24 V's on your '250' target.
You are an inspiration to all us other shooters..................steve
I predict future happiness for Americans if they can prevent the government from wasting the labors of the people under the pretense of taking care of them.
Thomas Jefferson
I tremble for my country when I reflect that God is just; that his justice cannot sleep forever.
Thomas Jefferson

Johnnyappleseed

Congratulations to the new Rifleman  O0

^5 AZ Opie--well done Sir
JA
Nothing in the world can take the place of Persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'Press On' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race.
Calvin Coolidge

AZOpie

I want to send out a thank you to Kevin for getting back to me. I gave him a sling to use on Saturday with his word that he would pay me back for it on Sunday. Sunday came, but Kevin could not make it out. He got a hold of me the very next day to arrange to send me a check. When it arrived a couple days later, it was for twice the amount - he donated the money for an additional sling to be given to another in need at a future event.

Gotta love Appleseeders!

mac66

Some of us reading about The Legend of Perfect Score Tom were curious what he was shooting. Obviously an AR but was wondering if it was 22lr or 5.56?
Status quo, you know, is Latin for 'the mess we're in'.
Ronald Reagan

Even if you are on the right track, you'll get run over if you just sit there. Will Rogers

The King has degenerated into a tyrant and forfeits all rights to his subjects' obedience."  Patrick Henry, 1765

Motivation?...The best solution to morale problems is to kill all the unhappy people  Ghenghis Khan

AZOpie

He was shooting .223 loaded on a Dillon 550.