News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BORDER RAID !!!

Started by Cooper, January 20, 2011, 10:51:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cooper

Hey there, Hoosiers!!

Since IL can't figure out how to man a FREE gunshow table in Kankakee, MN/IN will do it for them!!    **)

Jackie the Rifledog and I are heading down from Minnesota to (wo)man an Appleseed table this weekend at the Kankakee Gunshow at the Kankakee Co Fairgrounds and AuntieBellum is coming over to help on Sunday.   ++)

If anybody else has nothing to do this weekend, you're invited to come 7th step for a few hours in the land of gangsters and politicians for the sake of the Nation.  Let's show the Illinnoying folks how it's done!!  ^:)^

Cooper and Jackie the Rifledog
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

SPQR

AuntieBellum is indefatigable.
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AuntieBellum

Quote from: SPQR on January 21, 2011, 12:54:12 AM
AuntieBellum is indefatigable.

Not true at all.

Frankly, I'm exhausted.  I usually work 50 - 60 hours a week at my full time job.  More when I'm traveling or teaching that particular semester.  My part time job varies, but typically 3-5 hours a week.  And then there's the church committees and local theatre productions.  I often leave my house at 7am and return at 9 pm.  Much, much earlier if it's an Appleseed weekend and sometimes later when I get home.

Hopefully I've even had a chance that day to mention Appleseed at least once.

Why do I do this?  Well, first of all, I do Appleseed because it matters.  We have a sinking ship to save.  We have Americans to wake up.  The people we work with, pray with, shop with, and live with need reminded of our - their - heritage and the duty we all have to wake up, speak up, and get to work on preserving the Liberties our forefathers worked so hard to secure for us.

Why do I do everything else?  It's a part of my being.  For my undergraduate years, I went to a university whose motto is, "Education for Service."  I absorbed the message, spending hours in service discerning my true calling.  It's a motto that complements the Appleseed mission, describing what it is, in part, that we do.  We educate.  We push to action.  "Education for Action" might be a good sub-motto for Appleseed to consider.  Or perhaps, "Education for Rebirth," or something similar.

Appleseed didn't change what I was doing.  I was already serving my community.  But Appleseed has put what I'm doing into context.  My service has added meaning.  Yes, my part-time job is at a church, which should inherently add meaning to what I'm doing.  But Appleseed puts more urgency and immediacy into the equation.  Appleseed is relatable and tangible.  I've spent a lot of time reading the works of religious philosophers and saints and martyrs, but even few of those spoke or wrote with as much passion and conviction as those Patriots of our past.

So, why is it I do all of this?  What we do matters.  Yes, I'm tired.  Do I want to stay at home, sit on the couch, and take a nice long break?  You bet I do.  But I only have a few short years on this blessed soil to make a difference.  I will do everything I can to save the ship.  I will be active in my community.  I will tell others about their duty to serve, and I will show them how to do it.  If this nation fails and our Liberties lost, it will not be because of me.  I will die knowing I've done everything I can possibly do to make this Nation a better place - a place full of educated souls with a love of Freedom and the passion to make a difference.

So who's with me?
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Cooper

AuntieBellum, you are indeed a "High Daughter of Liberty."

Jackie the Rifledog and I will be honored to meet you tomorrow.

Cooper
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim