News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Manheim PA Jan 15-16, 2011

Started by lprgcfrank, January 18, 2011, 08:31:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

We had a great shoot at Manheim!  7 dedicated shooters came out and the instructors got to spend time on the line.

We had 4 shooters make Rifleman and earn their winterseed patch!
Andy shot a 232 and his son Nick shot a 221 - this was their 2nd Appleseed
Ang (livefreeusa) was our only rifleman on Saturday with a 217 and he bettered that with a 233 on Sunday
Mal shot a 211 as our final Rifleman of the weekend.

Pictures are of the line

The shooters and instructors
and our newest Red Hats!

"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

Our Rifleman and their Winterseed Patches
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Livefreeusa

We also had some shooters clean the Redcoat targets... But I forgot some of their names so I wont name anyone, Sorry.  But to the ones that did GREAT JOB  :--- .  I also had a blast shooting and staying at the campground cabin with no heat....errr We had some but it never got above 40 deg. in the cabin. I will do that again as it just added to the experience of "WINTERSEED".Our veterans of the Revolutionary War I'm sure stayed in some pretty cold locations too and still had to try to do their best "on the line" the next day... I recommend you try it too.
If there must be trouble  let it be in my day  so my child can live in peace

Big H

A spirited Winterseed at Manheim with persistence and good attitudes.  O0

kevin holmes

Big H,
I would like to take this opportunity to thank you and all the other volunteers for the countless hours and dedication you put into such a great organization. This speaks volumes of the character and dedication of the people involved. This was my first appleseed shoot. When my neighbor told me about it i figured it would be breeze. Ya right! i was in the army and qualified as an expert rifleman about 6 years ago so I wasn't to worried. I did not make rifleman but am determaned to at the palmerton shoot in march. I stayed with Angelo in the cabin next to the club. I had a blast. I'm pretty sure ill be bringing a couple of friends to the next shoot.

Thankyou,
                                         Kevin