News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AAR Audubon PA Feb 5-6,2011 aka Audubon ice skating seed

Started by lprgcfrank, February 05, 2011, 09:03:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

Big H and I ice skated our vehicles to Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club for the shoot this morning. The roads in the club are very icy so be careful coming out. If registered particiPants can't make it. We'll accomodate you at another shoot.
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

lprgcfrank

9 hearty shooters came out in the snow rain and sleet. Well done!
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

Chainsaw

PLEASE NOTE:

Range conditions necessitate a 10 am start time Sunday Feb 6th at the Lower Providence Rod & Gun Club.

Apologies for the inconvenience.

Tom Scheller

Domari Nolo

lprgcfrank

Pictures form the shoot

lprgcfrank

A couple more pictures

Big H

The conditions were definitely challenging, with black ice on the roads in the mornings, and nearly 300 yards walking through 10 inches of snow and ice to get to the outdoor 50 foot range. Thanks to all who helped the instructors carry gear and helped set up the line, and helped pack the gear back out at the end of the day.

Shooters persisted through the freezing rain and icy footing. As Shoot Boss, I enjoyed seeing the improvement in marksmanship and the appreciation of the heritage.

The sun came out on Sunday and we got to take 2 shooters to the 100 yard range. The host club's spotting scope was much appreciated, saving several 100 yard round trips though the snow to check targets. The shooters found out that the skills taught at 50 feet work at 100 yards. Please post your target. Well done!

Thanks to Lower Providence Rod and Gun Club for hosting, and thanks to the shooters and instructors for a safe and fun event. We hope to see you again on the Trail.

3e3c3e

Thanks to Big H, Frank and Mal for a great weekend shooting.

I had an amazing time at my first Appleseed, and learn a ton.  Can't wait to attend another one.

Now to go and dry off all my gear!  :)

- Mark

mal

Thanks all for turning out, helping with the gear & for keeping an upbeat & teachable attitude.  It was nice to see almost everyone turn out despite the conditions Saturday.  That was down right miserable, but it also gives a hint to the character of the people who sign up for this program.  You all are definitely not just sunshine patriots.  A Rifleman persists, and for that we were rewarded with a beautiful calm, warm, sunny Sunday (anyone else get a touch of sunburn?).  What a difference a day makes... and that was no more evident then that last AQT & final Redcoat.  I'll wager most of you will be earning that Rifleman patch at your next Appleseed. 

I hope to see you there!
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Guilford

Great to be there Sunday...what a beautiful day.

Hopefully, we will be able to schedule more AS at LPRGC in the future.

Nice meeting you Mal!

steven58

Thanks to all of the Apple Seed Project personnel for running such a safe and productive program this past weekend. 

I enjoyed both days of shooting and the history presented. 

This has inspired me to improve my traditional rifle marksmanship.  I have spent too much time shooting from the bench and supported positions.  Time to get back to the basics!

I hope my club has you back many times in the future.