News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

ALL HANDS ON DECK!!!!!!!! 'IL Deer & Turkey Classic' ~EXPO~ March 25,26-27~ 2011

Started by Castle Mountain, January 18, 2011, 01:26:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

In the words of EEL, "Illinois center up!    Quickly,  quickly now"
.. ;)

The Illinois Deer and Turkey Classic will soon be upon us so you would do well to mark your calender dates and
make sure you are prepared. Shooting jackets, T shirts/or Appleseed golf polo shirt, nice dress slacks and your RWVA hat
and you're are good to go! O0 O0 O0
We are going to have a wonderful display booth with anticipated support from Rogers Rangers (the revolutionary war reinactors
dressed in period custom) to further augment the heritage aspect of our Appleseed program. We will be looking good.  O0

Patriot Gal and I will set up a 24 inch flat screen monitor as well hosting some of our wonderful Appleseed videos, especially
the one Western Rose just released. That was so nice. O0 O0 O0  http://www.youtube.com/user/MissWesternRose#p/a/u/0/kC9pTZEwEHc

This show should not be as congested as typical gun shows because of the room this trade and convention center affords by way of lots of modern space.
I have attended small business conference and chamber events here. This is a nice facility. Clausterphobia should not occur. Maybe **)

As I mentioned at our IBC we must have all hands on deck for this one. This is the season to sew Appleseeds. This is how we
fill our shooting lines and this is part of the Appleseed trail we must all walk. So then, you are wanted men and women and
your service here is going to have an effective impact upon this year and upon our fellow American's who have yet to
EXPERIENCE THE REBIRTH OF MARKSMANSHIP & THEIR AMERICAN HERITAGE.

DETAILS, DETAILS, DETAILS>>>

I understand there will be a gun show running in Peoria at the same time. This will also drive many more visitors to the Classic
and visa versa. In fact I am given to understand that people from over 25 states come to attend these events. Boone & Crocket trophy animals I suppose.

The Illinois Deer & Turkey Classic will be held in Peoria at the Peoria Civic Center in 2011, for deer hunters, turkey hunters and their families.

NEW in 2011
Seven things to make the Classic bigger and better, keeping the event fresh and interesting. View Details http://www.deerinfo.com/illinoishome.asp#new

New Location & New Dates:
Peoria Civic Center (PCC), Peoria   This is a wonderful modern facility

Civic Center
201 SW Jefferson Ave
Peoria, IL 61602

March 25-26-27 ... one month later than last year

The Classic will be in one big L-shaped room on one floor under one roof. More than 7,000 parking spaces within five blocks of the PCC. Easy access to parking areas and to the PCC.

Public Event Hours::

Friday, Mar. 25, 2011           2:00 pm to 9:00 pm    

Be there at least an hour earlier say 1:00 pm
We will be setting up our booth  Friday Morning between 8:00 and Noon, possibly Thursday evening as well.

Saturday, Mar. 26, 2011       9:00 am to 7:00 pm  Be there at least 1/2 hour earlier.  This will be a biggest turn out day of the weekend.

Sunday, Mar. 27, 2011         9:00 am to 4:00 pm

We need to provide three six man teams to cover this event over the course of the three days.
I have asked Missouri Brigade and Pappy to handle the manpower logistics for this event.
Having our booth well manned affords opportunity to have instructors roam the aisle's and meet
different vendors, pass out literature and invite them over to our booth when ever they get time.
Many of them will be prisoners to their booths for the duration of the show. Not so for us. When
one person needs to be relieved we will have great coverage. However, our booth will be busy
as we attracted large groups before our table in Bloomington last year and we did fine because
we were so well staffed. This event is going to be bigger so six or seven on duty for each day
will be splendid. With some 18 - 21 Appleseed shooting jackets present milling through the crowds
for the three days and those who stopped by our booth we will have called significant attention
to ask....

'who are those guys?"     Oh, that's Appleseed"     "Who??     Appleseed!!!"   Appleseed?    What's an Appleseed?"
"They are a marksmanship training and heritage organization."     "They have a booth over there". O0      "You should go talk to them."
"They are exceptional in
what they do" and you will love the history", It is one of the few groups getting out and
trying to make a difference in our country. "You should go visit them and go to one of their shoots".

So we need all instructors especially new IIT's  This will be a splendid opportunity and exposure to new instructors in training giving opportunity to
observe how we work such shows. Wait till you see Pappy , EEL , G69, Gopher Boy  and Wurstmacher, Missouri Brigade, Klipperfert and Dave Out of Ammo in action.

You ought see Patriot Gal and EM double team a crusty old skeptical, I already know how to shoot crowd, visitor.  Boy they do instill confidence in other women.
These gals really turn up the sales pitch. It is fun to watch them.  These shows are really fun times and a great time for everyone to bond, especially we all having
coming fresh off an IBC.  

By the way, the Wurstmacher team does a great job at these shows and if I have not said so before, thank you family for being present with us so often last year.
You helped make each show a success. And the numerous shows Missouri Brigade did needs mention, having also driven all the way down to Belleville, Illinois to
man our booth. Kipperfert also present and accounted for countless shows and dedicated service to promoting Appleseed. Every one needs to be a part of this effort.

I am further excited because some of our Wisconsin brothers and sisters are going to come down for at least a day to work the show with us. This is significant because
they are hosting their own Deer Classic Expo one week following Illinois's event. Combine our respective efforts and we will potentially have had opportunity to reach
some 83,000 people.   Yeah, this is a big deal and you  are needed.

It is a pleasant reward to be at a shoot and a new shooter says...."I remember you... you talked to me
at the Deer and Turkey Classic two months ago. " Oh yeah, I remember you, you brought your daughter and son with you too I see."   "Yes and I brought my husband with me also."

Why I am so glad you made it. Well we are going to make sure you have a great time this weekend.' Thanks for coming. "And if you have any questions don't be shy to ask anyone of
our instructors, ok?:

We are going have a great booth display as well! Thanks to Fred we will have a gorgeous new banner (sample of our new bill board)
Need to get the Captain Parker Banner with flags spruced up as well to set in the background of our booth. Curtin skirt needs to be made up, but we have lots of time to complete that.
Got to get our poster banner ready and staged to print and laminate. Waiting to see what Ohio and Michigan are going to do so I can get the print run and all the mailing done at once.

Pappy and Missouri Brigade, please take  over  from hear.

Thanks everyone  :bow:

Castle Mountain

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

2 clicks low

CM

I'm in.
Put me down for a shift, SB's choice ~~:). (uuuhhh who is SB?)
Let me know which one needs to be covered.

2cl
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Castle Mountain

Yeah, that is a good question.   WHo is the Shoot Boss???    #)     Come on fess up eh? ^:)^  QUICKLY NOW, QUICKLY!!! :cool2:        ^:)^

Thanks 2 Clicks, truly appreciate your support.
Best regards,

CM

Quote from: 2 clicks low on January 18, 2011, 02:02:51 PM
CM

I'm in.
Put me down for a shift, SB's choice ~~:). (uuuhhh who is SB?)
Let me know which one needs to be covered.

2cl
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Missouri Brigade

I can help schedule people for the show.  We can discuss shifts as it gets closer.  If anyone needs a place to stay in Peoria, I can accommodate them.

2 clicks low

As long as Missouri Brigade is offering a roof, make it 2 shifts.
2cl

Quote from: Missouri Brigade on January 20, 2011, 12:35:21 PM
I can help schedule people for the show.  We can discuss shifts as it gets closer.  If anyone needs a place to stay in Peoria, I can accommodate them.
"Semper Fritos" 1st. Chicago Chairborne

Boba Fett

I'll be there on Saturday and if MO Brigade has any room left Saturday night, I'll stay for Sunday as well.

Boba

Castle Mountain

ABSOLUTELY AWESOME !!!! O0 O0 O0 ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. :--- :--- :--- ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ^:)^

CM

Quote from: Boba Fett on January 22, 2011, 02:46:52 PM
I'll be there on Saturday and if MO Brigade has any room left Saturday night, I'll stay for Sunday as well.

Boba

Missouri Brigade

Not that anyone needs any more reasons to help work the Deer and Turkey Classic in Peoria March 25-27, but there is a CMP shoot at the Chillicothe Sportsmen's Club at 1:00pm Saturday March 26.  This is a 100 yard simulated course of fire and you don't have to be a club member to shoot.  Sign up for a shift or two to help at the show and you can also shoot at Chillicothe.

If we get plenty of people signed up to help at the show, we'll have opportunities to do some shooting that weekend as myself and others are members of the club.  This really could be a great weekend for Appleseed in Illinois.  Once again, my offer of a place to stay in Peoria is open.  Get signed up and if we have more people than 6 per shift that will be even better.

Missouri Brigade

Work has been interrupting my schedule.  I may have to take Sunday and Monday to get home to Missouri now.  Not sure I can host anyone Saturday night.

Castle Mountain

We gotta her Doug Jeep to compete
in this CMP shoot. Doug just came off a shooting competition
Last week and placed first and second.  They were so impressed
with his shooting skills that they demanded to know
Where he learned to shoot like he did. :~
Of course you know he pitched Appleseed
and being a former marine explained the standard to what we teach.

Look forward to growth because of his efforts.
What a fabulous crew we have.  O0

Doug you need to get your buns down to ~~:)
This event and join us. O0

Thanks Steve for your post and thanks Revelle
You navy sea dog you. ;)

Cheers

CM

Quote from: Missouri Brigade on February 13, 2011, 11:34:26 AM
Not that anyone needs any more reasons to help work the Deer and Turkey Classic in Peoria March 25-27, but there is a CMP shoot at the Chillicothe Sportsmen's Club at 1:00pm Saturday March 26.  This is a 100 yard simulated course of fire and you don't have to be a club member to shoot.  Sign up for a shift or two to help at the show and you can also shoot at Chillicothe.

If we get plenty of people signed up to help at the show, we'll have opportunities to do some shooting that weekend as myself and others are members of the club.  This really could be a great weekend for Appleseed in Illinois.  Once again, my offer of a place to stay in Peoria is open.  Get signed up and if we have more people than 6 per shift that will be even better.

Missouri Brigade