News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Pennsylvania has 2 new Red Hats!

Started by lprgcfrank, January 17, 2011, 11:08:50 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lprgcfrank

Mal1970 and Charliew both passed their IPC's at the Manheim PA shoot on January 15-16, 2011.
Mal1970 also earned his winterseed patch at the shoot!

We know that we'll need to share Charliew with the folks up in MA O0
"fundamental principle of American law that a government and its agents are under no general duty to provide public services, such as police protection, to any individual citizen." [Warren v. District of Columbia, 444 A.2d 1 (D.C. Ct. of Ap., 1981)]

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Western Rose

Where the Spirit of the Lord is, there is liberty. - 2 Cor. 3:17

A stranger is just a friend you haven't met yet.

"When an honest man who is mistaken, is confronted with the truth, he will either cease to be mistaken, or he will cease to be honest." - PHenry

"The teenage years are not a vacation from responsibility... They are the training ground of future leaders who dare to be responsible now."

Northwest Region Project Appleseed on Facebook

50th Appleseed
Appleseed: From Coast to Coast

EZ3

That's great news!  Congratulations!  Way to go on the patch, Mal.  Persistence pays off!
"You can't teach Liberty by practicing tyranny." -  Mr. Happy

nyrasgt

Gentlemen, well done, and way to persist.
Now you can start perusing the Instructor Purchase Programs from Ruger and Henry ( a perq), with S&W coming very soon.  1/3rd off msrp, e.g 10-22s for $200-ish rather than $300.  Have seen some forum posts stating can do as well through other channels, so you mileage...etc.
Nice work, and
Excelsior,
madMark
"Aim for a high mark and you will hit it.  No, not the first time, nor the second, and maybe not the third. But keep on aiming and keep on shooting,
for only practice will make you perfect.
Finally, you will hit the bulls-eye of success."
-Annie Oakley Butler
A Rifleman Persists
"Nemo me impune lacessit."  Montresor, via E. A. Poe, 1846

jmcglash

Congrats Mal1970 and Charliew

My son and I had the pleasure of attending an Appleseed with Mal when he was still an IIT.
Mal you were a great help and inspiration then and I can only imagine where things with all the work involved.

I did not get the pleasure of seeing Charlie in his early days but perhaps in the future?

Keep an eye on your rear view and you may see me off in the distance, I'm still on the road just in the slow lane.

If you get the chance madMark and the folks from Southern Adirondack Firearms Education and Training, Inc. put on a GREAT class.

See you on the line soon,

Jim
On the seventh step slow road.
"We only have a short time to live, so it is essential to do things that are worthwhile and to do them now."
~  Lord Robert Baden-Powell

mal

Thank you all very much.  I've been gifted with excellent teachers; Big H, lprgcfrank, tatical308, & a brief spell under Chainsaw & EZ3.  I learn something new at each & every AS event, and I don't see that stopping.  I hope to live up to the high standards they have set & to make them proud. 

It was all very fun, but now the real work begins.  I've come to recognize my strengths & especially my weaknesses & plan on confronting those weaknesses head on; something I probably would not have done outside of Appleseed. 

~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

mal

Quote from: nyrasgt on January 17, 2011, 07:20:27 PM
Gentlemen, well done, and way to persist.
Now you can start perusing the Instructor Purchase Programs from Ruger and Henry ( a perq), with S&W coming very soon.  1/3rd off msrp, e.g 10-22s for $200-ish rather than $300.  Have seen some forum posts stating can do as well through other channels, so you mileage...etc.
Nice work, and
Excelsior,
madMark

Any chance Springfield is in on this or will be in the future?  I have an XD-40 i'm wanting to upgrade to XDm-40 or 45... :-)
~Malcontent

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."
~ Thomas Jefferson

"Posterity! You will never know how much it cost the present Generation to preserve your Freedom! I hope you will make good use of it. If you do not, I shall repent in Heaven, that I ever took half the Pains to preserve it."
~ John Adams

Reddot