News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

CALL TO MUSTER: OHIO DEER AND TURKEY EXPO

Started by Ratchett, January 14, 2011, 10:44:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ratchett

Ohio has the great opportunity to reach over 40,000 Americans through the following event:

THE OHIO DEER AND TURKEY EXPO
Bricker Building
Ohio Expo Center
(State Fairgrounds)
717 E. 17th Ave
Columbus, OH 43211

Public Event Hours:

* Friday, March 18, 2011
      2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
    * Saturday, March 19, 2011
      9:00 am to 7:00 pm
    * Sunday, March 20, 2011
      9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Ohio: http://www.deerinfo.com/ohiohome.asp

Castle Mountain has been working on this for Wisconsin and Michigan as well. He relates that Fred has given approval and will cover booth cost if it is well staffed.

So are we going to take advantage of this opportunity or let 40,000 plus folks slide out of our grasp???

We need a minimum of 15 folks to man the booth for 3 days and we need to know now! Booths are going fast and the application needs to be done yesterday.

You have over 6 weeks notice to muster 15...our Founding Fathers had 6 hours and managed 14000. So are you a couch potato or a patriot ready to reach the multitude???

PM Nurse Ratchett or reply to post if you are willing to boost Ohio' s awakening of the remote controlled ;D

Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.
One died for your soul, the other for your freedom-Unk

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

A wrathful man stirs up strife,
But he who is slow to anger allays contention.---Prov15:18

"Wisdom is higher than a fool can reach." --P. Wheatley

Castle Mountain

WELL DONE NURSE RACHET!!! WELL DONE!  O0 O0    GO OHIO GO!!! ..:.. ..:.. ..:.. ..:..   Catch Illinois if you can eh? ^:)^
Great job Meanstreaker, I was getting worried. Nice to see your troops rally to this great one time event. O0 O0 O0

Castle Mountain

Quote from: Nurse Ratchett on January 14, 2011, 10:44:42 PM
Ohio has the great opportunity to reach over 40,000 Americans through the following event:

THE OHIO DEER AND TURKEY EXPO
Bricker Building
Ohio Expo Center
(State Fairgrounds)
717 E. 17th Ave
Columbus, OH 43211

Public Event Hours:

* Friday, March 18, 2011
      2:00 pm to 9:00 pm
    * Saturday, March 19, 2011
      9:00 am to 7:00 pm
    * Sunday, March 20, 2011
      9:00 am to 4:00 pm

Ohio: http://www.deerinfo.com/ohiohome.asp

Castle Mountain has been working on this for Wisconsin and Michigan as well. He relates that Fred has given approval and will cover booth cost if it is well staffed.

So are we going to take advantage of this opportunity or let 40,000 plus folks slide out of our grasp???

We need a minimum of 15 folks to man the booth for 3 days and we need to know now! Booths are going fast and the application needs to be done yesterday.

You have over 6 weeks notice to muster 15...our Founding Fathers had 6 hours and managed 14000. So are you a couch potato or a patriot ready to reach the multitude???

PM Nurse Ratchett or reply to post if you are willing to boost Ohio' s awakening of the remote controlled ;D

Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

slim

Put me on that list!

I can do all day Sunday for sure, most likely Saturday too, but probably not Friday at all since it'd take me until show's end to get up there after work. 

Saturday 9-7 and Sunday 9-4, count me in!

Come on, Buckeyes! Who wants to hang out all day BS'ing on Fred's dime? You won't have to clear a single line, walk down to check targets, kneel down by the shooters to...... hey, wait a minute... I thought this was supposed to be fun?

In all seriousness, this could be an extremely fun event, not to mention the great opportunity it'll be for our state and surrounding area. Folks, if we get on this now, we can even line up a little "hanging out" time afterward with pizza and, who knows, maybe even some stories around the hot tub at the hotel. If I'm doing both days I'm not going to drive home Saturday night!

So, that'd leave about four hours on Saturday evening to hang out, have fun, and talk the upcoming season without having to keep the campfire going or find more batteries for the lanterns. Plus, NO MOSQUITOES!!!!   

Now, who wants to hang out? (Which is code for "who's buying me pizza?")  Come on, Buckeyes!

therealsteamer

I can do either a Saturday or Sunday....  Won't know which till we get closer to the event.. I'm already scheduling off for "regular" Appleseeds so I have to take whatever day off on the weekend I am given by the powers at be.....

Quote from: slim on January 16, 2011, 01:46:52 PM
maybe even some stories around the hot tub at the hotel.

Hot tub time with Slim is bound to bring about stories of their own.....   @)

slim

Quote from: therealsteamer on January 16, 2011, 03:44:45 PMHot tub time with Slim is bound to bring about stories of their own.....   @)
@&) No comment.

MeanStreaker

Anyone else from my PMs or viewing this thread available?  I believe time is running out and we'll need several people in shifts for all three days if this is going to work.

Thanks for your consideration!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

Ratchett

MeanStreaker,

Slim, the realsteamer and I are it for now. I do have a volunteer that is checking his schedule for March. Matthew is dependent on work schedule.

Ratchett
Remember only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you: JESUS CHRIST and the AMERICAN ARMED FORCES.

"The propitious smiles of Heaven can never be expected on a nation that disregards the eternal rules of order and right which Heaven itself has ordained."---Geo Washington, 1789

Those who hope in the Lord will renew their strength. They will soar on wings like eagles.---Isaiah 40:31

Castle Mountain

Dear Ohio,

There is a time to reap and a time to sew. Now is your time.

You have one of America's best shoot bosses and instructors. You had a vibrant  growing program and have been handed on a platter a most
glorious opportunity  where you have Fred backing you all the way on this event. Some five hundred dollars has been made available to be
presented to pay for this venue accommodating you with a ten foot by ten foot booth  plus all advertising and new marketing materials and new
six foot banner is being provided.  This is no a gun show. This is a mom and pop out door enthusiast hunters dream show.

You guys are set to rock ..:.. and you have everything going your way.  Three teams make doing such an event easy.

Check it out" ( you are going to have fun and you don't even have to buy tickets to get in)  http://www.deerinfo.com/ohiohome.asp

You will have one of the best looking booths at this event and a chance to reach a crowd that may well exceed 43,000 people, many or most
who have never heard about Appleseed let alone having ever heard the story of 1775. How can anyone not like the minute men come running
when a call for assistance comes your way.  

This is a time to sew Ohio. These short winter months remaining us all are preparing for planting appleseeds for growing and harvesting riflemen and preaching
the history of this great nation which I have come to  adopt and love with all my heart. To be an American? To have an opportunity to experience the rebirth of Marksmanship and American Heritage
and claim it as your own?
Are you kidding me?   People from over 25 different states come to see this Turkey Deer Classic. Trophey  animals to see.
You have a large youth market to reach and 23 percent woman attendees who come to these events. This is an Appleseed rich target environment .

This blows away any gun show and will no doubt fill your coming shoots with a lot of new people. This comes your way only once.

A sportsman's dream day. This is one of the more important opportunities of Appleseed service that can be offered you with..

Will illinois  and neighboring states have to muster a team to assist their Sister state?  What will it take Ohio instructor team members to heed your call?

Keep us posted Meanstreaker will you please? We are watching and cheering you guys on.  Go Ohio, go!!Q  ~~:) ..:..

Michigan is likewise making every effort. I hope to go to the printers soon to get stuff sent out to you. Maybe Michigan
can  reciprocate as well. All things are possible. Yes?  O0

Gosh, think about it. You have a chance folks to give our program opportunity to reach 153,000 people from the Mid West in such a short time.

Think about what EEL's video here says and reconsider, please, for the love of Appleseed and your own Ohio program.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4pF9yttKGJ8

for the sake of your shoot boss who sacrifices so much throughout the year. Your service will mean so much to your program this year.

All the best to you folks. Mush you Ohio Huskies, Mush  ~~:) ~~:) ~~:) ~~:)

Castle Mountain

P/S thanks for your BHM support

Quote from: MeanStreaker on January 17, 2011, 12:13:26 AM
Anyone else from my PMs or viewing this thread available?  I believe time is running out and we'll need several people in shifts for all three days if this is going to work.

[/color]

Quote from: MeanStreaker on January 17, 2011, 12:13:26 AM
Anyone else from my PMs or viewing this thread available?  I believe time is running out and we'll need several people in shifts for all three days if this is going to work.

[/color]
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

Gordon

I'll do it if I can; keep us all informed of the staffing levels you've got.

Castle Mountain

Saturday will be absolutely your busiest day and you will need at least a five or six man team for that day for sure (based on experience)

Cheers,

CM

Quote from: slim on January 16, 2011, 01:46:52 PM
Put me on that list!

I can do all day Sunday for sure, most likely Saturday too, but probably not Friday at all since it'd take me until show's end to get up there after work. 

Saturday 9-7 and Sunday 9-4, count me in!

Come on, Buckeyes! Who wants to hang out all day BS'ing on Fred's dime? You won't have to clear a single line, walk down to check targets, kneel down by the shooters to...... hey, wait a minute... I thought this was supposed to be fun?

In all seriousness, this could be an extremely fun event, not to mention the great opportunity it'll be for our state and surrounding area. Folks, if we get on this now, we can even line up a little "hanging out" time afterward with pizza and, who knows, maybe even some stories around the hot tub at the hotel. If I'm doing both days I'm not going to drive home Saturday night!

So, that'd leave about four hours on Saturday evening to hang out, have fun, and talk the upcoming season without having to keep the campfire going or find more batteries for the lanterns. Plus, NO MOSQUITOES!!!!   

Now, who wants to hang out? (Which is code for "who's buying me pizza?")  Come on, Buckeyes!

Ratchett

OK folks we are still in need of A LOT of help for this opportunity to spread the Appleseed word in Ohio. Below is a quote I am borrowing from PHenry:

There are three things that are required to make this mission a success:
#1 Finding venues and getting them booked
#2 Promoting the events
#3 Securing qualified staffing for the events on schedule

We are lacking in Ohio on the second item of success and laid at our feet is a perfect opportunity. Sooo, I am asking all of the ITs, IITs, and behind the scene volunteers---

Why did you choose to take up the orange or blue hat? Because you like to stand out in the pouring rain or sweltering heat to watch others do what YOU would really rather be doing. I don't think so, I think it was because there was a mission in which YOU believed. We only have 3 and a maybe in almost 5 days or 120 hours. Our Founding Fathers managed 14000 in 1/20th the amount of time without internet or telephone. So do we sink or get back on the trail and get the word out??

Remember  "It ain't about the shooting!"

Ratchett

Castle Mountain

When all else fails, work the telephones,call eveyone! ~~:)

Come on Ohio, mush you huskies,  ~~:) mush  (Eskimo for go!) **)

All eyes are upon you Ohio  :cool2:

Good job, nurse R O0

CM

slim

Me. Hot tub.

If that doesn't sell it, I don't know what will.

On second thought, maybe I should stop pushing this "me in the hot tub" image so hard.

Castle Mountain

Somebody please post Guy's post about the American duface.
You know, the target we shoot with the .tv.set on the sofa???  ++)

We would do well to likewise make application to ourselves. Yes, Ooo
? No?   &)

CM

Quote from: slim on January 19, 2011, 11:13:48 PM
Me. Hot tub.

If that doesn't sell it, I don't know what will.

On second thought, maybe I should stop pushing this "me in the hot tub" image so hard.

Gordon

Quote from: Gordon on January 18, 2011, 12:35:32 AM
I'll do it if I can; keep us all informed of the staffing levels you've got.

I'm in. Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. And if you pay me time and half, I can do more. :)

-G

MeanStreaker

Nurse Ratchett is reporting this is a go and slim is sending in the booth application.  Much more help will definitely be needed to help with shifts as a few people standing all day for three days straight at a booth will get very exhausting!
Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

HippieChick

Hey guys, haven't been on in awhile, but I have been keeping up with the shennanigans via mom (Nurse Ratchett), but I just want to throw in my $.02. First, count me in for this turkey expo thing...I can market quite well :) As far as I know I can do all 3 days. Second, Slim, although I do *not* have a hot tub, I do have a sizeable house that y'all can stay at for free. Between my finished basement, mattresses and pull out couches I can probably accommodate 5-7 people. I just need to know at the very least a week in advance. We can have pizza and tell stories as long as Slim is fully clothed :-p

MeanStreaker

Quote... as long as Slim is fully clothed :-p

In fact, let's just make that a standing arrangement no matter the event. :)
--Thomas Paine

Louie

Nurse Ratchett, Put me on Stand-by for that weekend.  I may have to work my regular job,  and won't know until earlier in that week, say Wednesday. Sorry about not being able to commit sooner. ...Louie
"It is the duty of all Nations to acknowledge the providence of Almighty God, to obey his will, to be grateful for his benefits, and humbly to implore his protection and favors." --George Washington, Thanksgiving Proclamation, 1789

"There are four boxes to be used in defense of liberty: soap, ballot, jury, and ammo. Please use in that order."

RedNekEngr

I'm in for Friday.  May be able to tow a member or two of the D.O.F. with me. 

Please, Please, Please, no more visuals of Slim naked though.  :sos:

RNE
"If we did all the things that we are capable of doing, we would literally astound ourselves." - Thomas Edison
"No arsenal, or no weapon in the arsenals of the world, is as formidable as the will and moral courage of free men and women."- Ronald Reagan

Gordon

MeanStreaker

I'll let slim or Nurse Ratchett answer with more details as they're heading this up, but I know Julia didn't have interent for a bit (and still might not?).

As I understand it, this is definitely a go and they could use more hands if anyone is available.  I sent in the stuff for it to be insured last week, so we're good on that front.

This is a great event for introducing Appleseed to a bunch of shooters!  O0  Thanks in advance to everyone that can contribute to its success.
--Thomas Paine

GoldFish

Quote from: MeanStreaker on February 25, 2011, 07:04:48 PM
I'll let slim or Nurse Ratchett answer with more details as they're heading this up, but I know Julia didn't have interent for a bit (and still might not?).

Her's is still down.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

MeanStreaker

Thanks GF.  If anyone needs to get in touch with Julia for this, please PM me and I can forward her phone number privately.

But we're a go!   O0
--Thomas Paine

slim

Quote from: Gordon on February 25, 2011, 06:53:11 PMWhat's the status of this thing?
As MeanStreaker said, this thing is a go!

We need volunteers to work this thing and as of right now, I have RNE (and another DOF member) for Friday. We need volunteers! Come on folks, if you'd like to get into this event - FOR FREE - all weekend long, let me know now and I'll make sure you get an ID badge to get in. I need volunteers ASAP since I have to send in the list soon. 

Please sign up here and/or PM me to let me know which day(s) and time you can work.. This should be a fun event and a great promotional opportunity. We have a HUGE task this year not only here in Ohio, but nationwide. Step up and be one of the folks that make that happen.

Gordon

Quote from: Gordon on January 25, 2011, 08:51:56 PM

I'm in. Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. And if you pay me time and half, I can do more. :)

-G

I've had it on my calendar for a month, just let me know. -G

therealsteamer

Quote from: therealsteamer on January 16, 2011, 03:44:45 PM
I can do either a Saturday or Sunday....  Won't know which till we get closer to the event.. I'm already scheduling off for "regular" Appleseeds so I have to take whatever day off on the weekend I am given by the powers at be.....

I'll let you know which day i can be there when we get closer....  sorry I can't give a more solid answer right now....   such is the life in retail sales....

Steamer

slim

Outstanding!

We have a couple of volunteers willing to step up and make this thing happen.  O0 BUT WE NEED MORE!!!!  &) Come on out and have fun Appleseeding in another way. It's not all range time and calling the line. Sometimes the other 28 days are what makes it happen.

Paul Revere rode many times before the night of Apr. 18th. You could argue those other rides were more important than his midnight ride. Promotional opportunities such as this are very similar. Be a part of getting the word out to 14,000!

HippieChick

Just to let everyone know, Nurse Ratchett's internet IS still down, BUT she will be at the Expo all 3 days. I will also be there all 3 days. And just a reminder, anyone who needs a place to sleep that weekend is welcome to stay at my house, I just need to know sooner than later! I can get at least 4 people in beds/couches and have plenty of floor space. PM me for directions.
If you need to get in contact with Ratchett, PM me and I can get messages to/from or give her cell number. I know Slim and Meanstreaker are doing the same. She's *hoping* her internet provider will get on the stick and get the issues solved!

GoldFish

Just confirmed that I'll be there to help out for all 3 days.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity