News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

BACKWOODS HOME MAGAZINE ~APPLESEED ADVERTISING~

Started by Castle Mountain, January 12, 2011, 01:38:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Castle Mountain

Just got an email from Dave Duffy (owner of BACKWOODS HOME MAGAZINE) and I am delighted to announce that
he is publishing a free half page  full colour APPLESEED ad in their next issue if Dave Duffy can get it to press on time.  O0

The recent poster is going in. Since BACKWOODS HOME MAGAZINE is such a staunch Appleseed friend and supporter
I do hope ya'all have renewed your subscription or have taken initiative to subscribe to their wonderful magazine.
if you have not done so yet, you would do well to take time right now and subscribe.  Massad Ayoob writes about us
also in his blog.   We need pay honor to whom honor is due. Yes?  Thank you Dave Duffy and thank you BACKWOODS
HOME MAGAZINE.

Best regards,

Castle Mountain

P/S   Spitz,,,,,, Dave said to tell you the artwork is simply stunning! O0
Aut viam inveniam aut faciam- will find a way or I will make one".
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."
-- Adolf Hitler (1889-1945) German Nazi Dictator

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

jmdavis

Having read it since year 1. I can say that BHM is one of my favorite magazines. Thanks for the information.
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Castle Mountain

Well you just broadcast that to a pro Appleseed friend and supporter. I am sure he will read and appreciate your comments

I happen to value BACKWOODS HOME MAGAZINE and associated editorial staff writers very highly. They have
done much for Appleseed and it cost us nothing, including the WATERMAN `300` Poster and the next free advertising
which cost us nothing.

Thanks for your support O0

CM

Quote from: jmdavis on January 12, 2011, 01:42:37 PM
Having read it since year 1. I can say that BHM is one of my favorite magazines. Thanks for the information.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."  one who has not qualified himself with the M-16 may not be considered to be a responsible citizen."

"Terrorism is the best political weapon, for nothing drives people harder than a fear of sudden death."

"Once a government is committed to the principle of silencing the voice of opposition, it has only one way to go, and that is down the path of increasingly repressive measures, until it becomes a source of terror to all its citizens and creates a country where everyone lives in

jmdavis

Since I believe that one should put his money where his mouth is, I just subscribed to BHM, finally!
"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Shooter30-06

I have been a subscriber to BHW ever since the demise of American Survival Mag years ago.  Massad Ayoob is one writer who I have a lot of confidence in.  The fact that they are supporting Appleseed makes it even better.  To anyone from BHW who may be reading this, THANKS!

"We cannot insure success but we can deserve it."-John Adams
"Remember, all men would be tyrants if they could."-Daniel Defoe

Castle Mountain

Bless your heart JMDAVIS. You are a good man!    O0   I wish everyone would do as you have done.

Warmest regards,

CM

Well off to Tennesse, CYA'll at the Illinois IBC.... you too JMDAVIS O0 O0 O0 O0

Quote from: jmdavis on January 12, 2011, 02:12:14 PM
Since I believe that one should put his money where his mouth is, I just subscribed to BHM, finally!

Castle Mountain

Now this is a personification of leadership!  The man subscribed right off the bat. Leadership by example. O0 O0 O0

How about it?  Anyone else going to subscribe to BACKWOODS HOME MAGAZINE? http://www.backwoodshome.com/

Thanks again JMDAVIS for all that you do for Appleseed

Quote from: jmdavis on January 12, 2011, 02:12:14 PM

spitstickler

Castle,

Strong work sir. Thank you for lining all of this up.

Just got off the phone with their ad person and will be sending them a variety of ad sizes for now and potential future use. Very nice folks and one good turn definitely deserves another.

My new 3 year subscription just got sent in.
"Opportunity is missed by most people because it is dressed in overalls and looks like work."  -Thomas Edison

Cooper

I'm in for a new 3-year subscription...  Thanks BWH !!
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

Big Papa

Don't just subscribe, get the "Whole Sheebang".
Money well spent!
Patch or no patch, you still have to cook! - Big Mama

dragonfly

I just bought a 3 year as well  O0

D-fly  Keeping the Faith
www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

Castle Mountain

Attention Illinois:

Having spoken with Fred today (I called him) about this Backwoods Home Magazine ~ beta test~, please note it was never intended to be presented
nor interpreted as 'spam'. This effort has been as Mission specific an effort possible although it may have been interpreted otherwise by some
that I employed inappropriate use or abuse of our forum.   Indeed, the fact is,  I have been a practitioner of SOM this whole time. This forum is a vehicle for SOM.

You know I used to get paid big money for what I  now do as a volunteer.  I was respected and paid handsomely for thinking out side the box.

Why do I do this for free?  Same reason you do. I believe in the program.  

However, Fred advised and encouraged me to post one more time but only to those states who have larger memberships . I hope
I have not offended anyone, it is not our intent. So I will begin this final appeal everyone, one more time by referencing Aftermaths comments:    ........
Let's get the buckets moving ....    

Quote from: AFTERMATH on January 13, 2011, 06:25:55 PM
So, uh, what does it mean if we only average less than 2% of members on line at any given time?  
And 75% percent of those are the same 100 members.

By the way; California, Wisconsin and Illinois are amongst the top 10 of all the boards on this sight!
Why not Minnesota?  Let's get these buckets moving!

Backwoods Home Magazine has been an excellent ally in our quest for Liberty!
In fact, I believe they may have even sacrificed some of thier previous subscriber base by supporting a firearms related organization....  
But you didn't hear that from me.  
If you've got a few extra FRN's; it wouldn't be bad investment to help out our supporters and learn more about backwoods living!
You'll also be recieve all the future, excellent articles on Appleseed!
Perhaps, you can choose to let one of your other subscriptions go....  Shooting Times and Guns And Ammo, both have the same stuff anyway!
If you're able, I recomend it.  I may even be able to squeeze out the dough myself for this.

As always,
Aftermath

[/color]
[/color]

You ask a good question Aftermath.    Thank you for your support. It brings into focus that we are not mandating anything upon anyone
but reminds us to ask the question........what is the chief object of Appleseed?  I know and observe how hard you are working your program in your state
and I salute you sir.  You and your crew are going to blaze a trail this year. I know it.

As you know, Backwoods Home Magazine owes nothing to us and has no obligation to Appleseed. Moreover they are our friends and they support
what we do in the name of Liberty. Free full colour advertising presenting Appleseed to our fellow liberty loving Americans.
Why should we not support such people. A strong support that demonstrates Appleseed has the credibility of numbers
opens further opportunities which information has been recently gifted to me with further opportunity of being able to stage a  Project Appleseed
yield or coverage to 1.5 million people this year. We are in the mode of sewing seeds so that we can reap nationally a greater harvest
and thus double our numbers each and every year. So the value of supporting BWH opens other doors for our program should be self evident.
How is this not staying on Mission?

Now we have the balance of this week to subscribe if the many who have not could and and would
by this Friday's deadline to complete my effort to produce a metric for other Appleseed venues. The support of the movers
and shakers in Appleseed is appreciated. It would be splendid to see the great states of California, Texas, New York,
Florida, and the rest of the Midwest  with larger membership help drive this metric to greater numbers by or before this Friday.

Can we get some help  with this last effort to push our numbers  up by this Friday? Hello?  Illinois, are you listening?

A certain Appleseed instructor wants to buy a M1-A National Match rifle. I just happen to have established a solid Appleseed
relationship  I have worked at establishing over the past year with the owners of a certain store (both of whom are former military).
This instructor ( a great guy)  wins because of this relationship because it was my determined effort to see instructors benefit because
of what they voluntarily do for the program. Why?  Because that company promotes Appleseed. Because they do so I refer business to them.
Therefore this is a win/win opportunity for both.  If body deserves a break it is our instructor corps.

Fred purchased a three year subscription not because he needed another magazine but because he knows how things
in our program get reciprocated. Fred proves, Fred demonstrates as have so many others, not mentioned here, how to walk the talk.
Do what you can folks, whatever that might be in terms of a subscription. Appleseed prospers because of your effort day in and day out.
But, we are finding out what we can do as a large group. We will have a good idea come Friday.

Those precious people within Appleseed who not only talk the talk, but walk the talk,  I read every single post of those whom have
subscribed to Backwoods Home Magazine and truly treasure every remark. You are the one's who get it.    You are the ones
who inspire this nation as you demonstrate the power of action.   No different than when you stand and present your benedictions
and ask Americans if they would do just a little more.  I would like to get the rest of us to pick up a bucket and bail a little more. We need everyone.
In the words of one of the owners of BATTLECOMP, Captain Nick Guttoso  ..." what Appleseed is doing in an incredibly noble thing for this country, we
think it amazing what you are doing." I sure agree.       http://battlecomp.com/  Patriot Gal and I were delighted to be able to make a purchase
at law enforcement prices, they were very gracious to us. Good people.  Hope to have them listed on the new instructor forum as  Applseed friendly vendors.

Thanks again to all who have responded so wonderfully this past week. You have made a significant impression on BWH and enhanced our programs credibility
and it will be really nice to see a large body of evidence that Appleseed can demonstrate it can in fact be an economic engine with some serious horse power.  

Castle Mountain

P/S, I thought I was finished with this post , good grief. I just got off the telephone with the marketing manager of Armalite Corporation. He called me
from the Shot Show in Los Vegas Nevada to tell me he appreciates all I have done for them (Armalite is I gather contemplating a booth also for the upcoming Illinois Deer $ Turkey Classic)
and that they are looking forward to meeting with Deacon (Appleseed Wisconsin State Coordinator) who is our national representative at the shot show this week.
Deacon is working  the shot show booth with another
excellent corporate supporter 'Vortex Optics'. Deacon is our emmisary and he will build further Appleseed raport  with several companies I have been in liaison with
and build even closer relationships for us all.

Some of those companies are:

Armalite
Vortex Optics
Usaammo
Battlecomp

So you see good things are happening and we are indeed SOM.  Thank you Fred, Patriot Gal, EEL, Pappy, G69 Coly Cat, Gopher Boy and Dragon Fly for your encouragement.
You have kept me in the fight.  

This is the time to sew appleseeds... from April on end it will be for growing and harvest time. Lets produce riflemen and rifle women by the bushel
this year, shall we? We are giving it our best!        Go Deacon Go.........   Mush you husky  ~~:) ~~:)

Marpat Pippi

Marpats are subscribers to BHM! We are always thrilled to see the Appleseed articles (and they have lots of other good info too!

Gopher Boy

Offended...  Offended....

CM, Anyone that Offended by your post need to...   Hmmm how do I say this and take my own advice.  In the words for Sgt. Hunka, "Lighten up, Francis."    ;D

You challenge us to do better and keep on doing over and over again.  I'm pretty sure that's why we are here.  We've done this the lazy way and look were we are.  A nation in need of saving.  We need to do and be BETTER.

Some companies have stepped up and offered to help in what ever way they can.  We need to help them in what ever way we can.  If you can buy a subscription, do so.  If not (And I know times are hard)  Tell people.  Maybe in your 30 second Appleseed talk you can add things like...  "Masaad Ayob wrote a great article about us in BackWoods Home Magazine.  They are both big supporters."

We are not going to be able to do this alone.  We need to take help where and when we can get it.  Then we NEED to say THANK YOU in what ever way we can.

Respectfully,

G.B.