News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Jacksonville Gun Show Report

Started by caseyblane, January 12, 2011, 02:07:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

caseyblane

I couldn't pull things together, but another N Florida Appleseeder, singlehandedly ran an Appleseed table at the show all day Saturday. He said that the reception was warm and that he targeted families and worked the early morning line to get in, putting around 50 flyer/brochure packages in to the hands of genuinely interested folks. I was able to get there Sunday, with my two year old. We spent our time seeing the show, handed out brochures to a few folks, placed Sportsman's Gazettes with the Appleseed cover story at the ticket counter and observed Appleseed brochures cunningly placed at the Hooter's table! We would have liked to have done more but am glad we were able to work around our schedules to make a showing. I especially thank my compatriot for the full effort he made Saturday. If anyone would like to join us for the next one please let me know.
"Boy, there are Do'ers, Thinkers, and Wonderers, be a Do'er!" My Grandfather.