News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

AZ & Rep. Giffords in our Thoughts & Prayers

Started by Son of Isaac, January 09, 2011, 08:29:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Son of Isaac

I just wanted to express my sympathy and prayers to our folks out in AZ.  Regardless of your political affiliation, yesterday was a sad day for Rep. Giffords, the victims of the Tucson shooting and the people of Arizona.

It is particularly sad that this attack was carried out on a public representative who was so committed to doing what all public servants should - making herself accessible to her continuants.

Although Rep. Giffords and I may not be aligned on every issue, I very much admire how she has conducted herself as a servant of Arizona.  It is my hope that her behavior serves as a model for her colleagues.

May God speed her recovery and His grace be with the families of the fallen. 

~TravelPatriot

techres

Thank you for the courteous, kind and respectful words to one of our representatives who was injured in the line of duty.  I would remind posters that CPR extends to this subject and person.  

Prayers sent to the victims and their families.

Techres

EDIT: It has been pointed out that while the original post was extremely well written and intended, the subject matter is not on SOM SOM and as such should be left to go without continued discussion.  I have locked the thread as a result.
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.