News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

Deployment, Training, and the Rifleman Lifestyle

Started by West, January 07, 2011, 03:58:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pappy

Hello Group; Brother West, we will be with you if only in spirit, IF you need any item of gear let us know ASAP, We  will see to it that you have what you need.
Please Post your address when you get over there So we can send STUFF and other goodies that we think you need... O0
West you are welcome here any time, Stay safe, You are in our prayers and thoughts.  Pappy
Which has greater value?...... Ammo will get you through times of no money better than money will get you through times of no ammo..

Bill 3

Be safe, look forward to seeing you upon your return.

And to quote your post:
I've thought about this a lot and maybe some of you will agree, but being a Rifleman is more than having a "piece of cloth" (quote DrJohn).  It is a way of thinking about life, how one carries themselves, and behaves, even amongst "normal folk."
O0

God speed.
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

AFTERMATH

Keep your head down, and your spirits high!
We are truly blessed to have you on our side.
Do what you've been sent to do, then come back home.

Thanks, and let the Grace of God shield you!

Aftermath
"We intend to produce men who are able to light a fire for Liberty in men's minds, and make them the finest rifle marksmanship Instructors on the planet." - Son of Martha

"Tyrants rise and fall, but tyranny lasts forever." -Me

[What kind of megalomaniac quotes himself?]

GoldFish

West,

First of all, THANK YOU for your service and willingness to fight for our freedoms by going half-a-planet away.
I'm truly a better a man for having known and worked with you, Mr. Westling; AS is blessed to have you in the ranks, as is the USAF.  I'm fortunate to be able to call you my friend, and thanks for signing my hat. ;) 

Your safety and well-being will be in my continued prayers.

May you rest in the palm of His hand...

Stay the Course,
---GoldFish
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."
-Boba Fett (The RWVA Instructor, not the Star Wars Bounty Hunter)

'Yes, I am a Rifleman, but I'm also a Ninja....and a Jedi.'

"Integrity first, service before self, and excellence in all we do."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

42          ΙΧΘΥΣ           كافر           MOÉ...ΩN É...ABE         αδάμαÏ, 

Merc, Mr. Fishy, Goober, Achmed, Cornflake, FBC, Tabilasco, Mowhawk 1 Alpha

What we do in life echoes in Eternity

West

I appreciate all the kind words and strong support I have seen here - I never thought that it would garner quite the response it has.

I am truly awed by it all.  I simply was trying to relate something that I had experienced in my pre-deployment posture, and to let you know that I would  be out of rotation for a while.

I am glad to have met you all, and I am looking forward to meeting those of you I have not yet.

This past year has been rough, but 2011 is going to be much better for me and the Appleseed family.

I will be in touch!

See you on the trail,

West :))

George63

what do you mean? don't you remember - only last year was easy...  any way: if you would have time before you go and a spot I would swing over to IN for a range day, been busy loading - could use some help emptying brass, would bring the larue obr everyone loves to fondle

Garand69

Great shootin' and good luck Wes. And as per our prior conversation at ISRA, let me know what you need.  O0
Garand69

WSMR 03-10 ...SAPPER STEEL!!!!

"Don't tell people how to do things, tell them what to do and let them surprise you with their results." - General George S. Patton Jr

"One can covet success or one can covet being Right, but if he covets both, he will achieve neither" - Stimey

Do not fire unless fired upon, but if they mean to have war......Let it start here.

God grant me the courage not to give up what I think is right, even though I think it is HOPELESS.
-Chester W. Nimitz

West

Well, it's finally here.

The days are getting longer, and my time at home grows short.  But, I shall return.

I am going to be leaving the country the first week in March.  I will be in place shortly after.  I can't get into specifics because of Operational Security.

In any case, I will stay in touch as best I can via the internet.

Here is my APR:

Brady Westling
455 EAMXS/C-130 AMU
APO AE, 09352

Feel free to write to me, or send me good tidings of the Appleseed Trail.  If you are going to send letters and the like, don't send them out until after 10 March.

More to follow!

Bill 3

God Speed - come back whole, happy, and intact....
"I have never let my schooling interfere with my education." - Samuel Clemens
"...that any man who yields up his liberty, in however slight the measure, is bound to become a slave." -- H.L. Mencken
"All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given us."
"...we have the choice to pursue, in the course of our life, one of two sets of principles - either the principles of power and privilege or the principles of truth and justice. If you pursue truth and justice it will always mean a diminution of your power and privilege. If you pursue power and privilege it will always be at the expense of truth and justice."
The forum is but a blank slate that records what we type.  If it sucks, why is that?  Anyone have an extra mirror for people?

SPQR

If i send you some glass bottle Cokes are you going to have a way to chill them?
"It is amazing to watch the intricate dance of the Indiana instructors playing off each other's strengths. No ego involved. Just doing what needs to be done by the person best suited to do it to give the shooters what they need." - Miki

"Indiana rules!" - Nero

"We all need Bedford." - brianheeter

AuntieBellum

Be safe over there, West, and we'll see you soon.  Thanks for what you do.
"Nothing is as strong as the heart of a volunteer."
-Lt. Colonel James Harold "Jimmy" Doolittle, US Army Air Corps, 1942

"You smell like Appleseed." - Rimshot

Evenstar

You'll be in my prayers, West. Thank you for your service.
'Pictures... or it didn't happen!' &)

"What we do in life echoes in eternity.

"All we must decide is what to do with the time that is given to us."

"She is worth the wait. When she lifts her head - she smiles!" - Earl

"Warriors are not always the fastest or strongest men. Strength and speed can be developed through training. Warriors are those who choose to stand between their enemy and all that he loves or holds sacred."

Arwen, Shorty, Blondy, Star, Trouble, Smiley, Miss Jess Adair, Starry, Kitten, Blue Eyes, Even Shorter, Elfy, Butterfly Girl, Tater Jr., Princess Tater, Tater Tot, Tiny Tater, Twinkletoes, Skippy

Coeur d'Alene 8/10!
Waterman 300 9/11/10
Deary 3/11!
Bickleton 100 4/9/11
Medical Lake, WA - July 31, 2011

Patriot Gal

West,

We are so proud of you and what you're doing.

May God bless your walk and guide your way while you are in Afghanistan.

See you when you return!!
Patriot Gal

"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Patriot Gal

Parcel incoming!!!  Hope you're still home on 3/1. 

Sent you something for the trip.  O0

Stay healthy!!
Patriot Gal
"Educate and inform the whole mass of the people... They are the only sure reliance for the preservation of our liberty."  ~Thomas Jefferson

"No free man shall ever be denied the use of arms"
~Thomas Jefferson

"If not us, then who; if not now, then when."
~President Ronald Reagan

Cooper

Hooah!

From an Air Force brat, and Army Mom, Thanks for your service and keep in touch with your family.

Our prayers will go out for you and yours as you serve; let us know about any special things your Appleseed family can provide.

Coop
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.
I don't want to be forced back into the darkness.

"Shut up and color." - slim

GoldFish

Hooah!
Stay the Course that has been laid out before you.  You're in my continued prayers, West.
Thanks for your service...  It's been a bigger encouragement and example to me than you know.
"Freedom is preserved by those who die for it, but it will not survive unless people are willing to live for it."

"Remember, my opinion on the totem pole of life is somewhere below whale s***..." -Chris Costa

"The more you care about something, the deeper the fight will come from within."  -Travis Haley

Deacon

I talked to West today, 5 min before he got on the plane!.....I think he misses home already. :(
He will get me an email address as soon as he can and I will get it posted here.

Please keep him in your thoughts and prayers.  I know it means everything to him to have such a great Appleseed Family!  That's what we are...a family!  Sometimes "siblings" have disagreements !@#), but at the end of the day....we are still FAMILY!

I will post more information as I get it.

Deacon

Quote from: West on February 25, 2011, 03:43:38 PM
Well, it's finally here.

The days are getting longer, and my time at home grows short.  But, I shall return.

I am going to be leaving the country the first week in March.  I will be in place shortly after.  I can't get into specifics because of Operational Security.

In any case, I will stay in touch as best I can via the internet.

Here is my APR:

Brady Westling
455 EXMXS/C-130 AMU
APO AE, 09352

Feel free to write to me, or send me good tidings of the Appleseed Trail.  If you are going to send letters and the like, don't send them out until after 10 March.

More to follow!

slim

Quote from: SPQR on February 25, 2011, 09:45:46 PMIf i send you some glass bottle Cokes are you going to have a way to chill them?
Of course he will. He's in the Air Force. We never deployed without refrigerators, soft comfy beds, TVs, hot showers and REAL chow.

Deployment? More like summer camp!

Earl

I seem to remember Air Control guys that were eating dust with us poor paratroopers as we rolled into Iraq - I think they miss the experience many Airmen and women do by hanging out with bad folks. **) How ever they serve and where ever, you have to love them for being there.
... to catch the fire in another American for sharing the skills and our heritage to our posterity. Maybe my perfect shots will be made by those I met along the trials and trails of Appleseed. I know that America is a nation of Riflemen.

Cooper

Quote from: Deacon on March 09, 2011, 08:53:14 PM
I talked to West today, 5 min before he got on the plane!.....I think he misses home already. :(
He will get me an email address as soon as he can and I will get it posted here.
Deacon

thank you Deacon...
Please keep us informed.
Janelle
"This Appleseed thing doesn't look like it would be for everyone, but it really is." Zac, age 7  كافر
"He who dares not offend cannot be honest." ~ Thomas Paine    "Cooper, you're an a**hole!" - recent Shoot Boss's compliment
"I don't know where "brave" leaves off and "foolish" picks up, but you've certainly got your share of courage." - FuzzyMath
"For the Rifle!, the Rifle!, in our hands will prove no trifle!" ~from the lyrics of "The Bennington Riflemen"
Understand the urgency of our mission; no amount of bailing can raise a sunken ship.

GoldFish

Quote from: Earl on March 09, 2011, 09:23:55 PM
How ever they serve and where ever, you have to love them for being there.

Absolutely.  The men and women who serve our country, where ever and however, make this country what it is....the greatest country in the world, without a question.  These men and women are true heroes, not Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, and whoever else thinks that they're worth being put on the front of a magazine in the check-out aisle.  When any of these, or any of us for that matter, step up to truly serve and lead in some substancial capacity that will make a difference, then and only then will we make a difference as a Nation.  It's because men and women HAVE done this by stepping up to serve and protect America that we can call ourselves a great nation.

Thank you West, for being one of those few.

OK, sorry 'bout that, just had to get that out.

Cooper

Quote from: GoldFish on March 10, 2011, 12:17:08 AM
Quote from: Earl on March 09, 2011, 09:23:55 PM
How ever they serve and where ever, you have to love them for being there.
Absolutely.  The men and women who serve our country, where ever and however, make this country what it is....the greatest country in the world, without a question.  These men and women are true heroes, not Justin Beiber, Miley Cyrus, and whoever else thinks that they're worth being put on the front of a magazine in the check-out aisle.  When any of these, or any of us for that matter, step up to truly serve and lead in some substancial capacity that will make a difference, then and only then will we make a difference as a Nation.  It's because men and women HAVE done this by stepping up to serve and protect America that we can call ourselves a great nation.

Thank you West, for being one of those few.

OK, sorry 'bout that, just had to get that out.

Goldfish:

HOOAH!
Glad you expressed that, and I know that it is NOT "out" of you.  It is PART of you.  It is part of EACH of us, which is one of the many things that makes our Nation GREAT.

Thank you again West.
Thank you SGT Nicholas Cooper, combat medic (CMB) and flesh of my flesh.
Thanks to each and every American that has stepped forward and volunteered their lives for the betterment of mankind.

Coop

West

I appreciate all the continued support and positive words from everyone.

I finally made it, and am able to get on a computer.  I landed and 0100 hrs on Monday, which is 330 PM at home, and only stopped to sleep.  It's very high tempo right now, since we are changing out units, and I don't expect it to slow down for a while.

As of right now I think I have everything I need, though little pieces of home will come to mind sooner or later.

If anyone wants to write, or send love notes (Deacon...   :D) you can do so here:

Brady Westling
455 EAMXS / C130 AMU
APO AE 09352

The mail is slow, so if you don't get an email or a mail-bound response, please be patient.

Blazing a trail from across the pond,

P.S.  If anyone wants to send me stickers, please do.  Or, if you want me to pay for them I will pay you back when I get home.  I am especially looking for RWVA and NO REDCOATS! stickers.  I will put them up everywhere!

MeanStreaker

Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom must, like men, undergo the fatigue of supporting it.
--Thomas Paine

Used to ride a Kawasaki Mean Streak motorcycle.  I'm not an angry, naked runner.  :)

techres

Quote from: West on March 16, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

P.S.  If anyone wants to send me stickers, please do.  Or, if you want me to pay for them I will pay you back when I get home.  I am especially looking for RWVA and NO REDCOATS! stickers.  I will put them up everywhere!

A couple of Chillidog's are in your box already....  (It was gonna be a surprise.  :-X)   ^:)^
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.

dragonfly

I knew it, you and Deacon, not that their is anything wrong with that  ;) , and I was thinking you would like to meet my 25 year old niece  :cool2: .
Take care brother, I'll keep a spot on the silhouette range for when you get back.

D-fly   Keeping the Faith

Quote from: West on March 16, 2011, 12:28:15 PM

If anyone wants to write, or send love notes (Deacon...   :D) you can do so here:
Brady Westling
455 EAMXS / C130 AMU
APO AE 09352

www.facebook.com/WIAppleseed

K.I.S.S.
Lead, Follow or Get out of the way - Thomas Paine
Did you talk to someone new about APPLESEED today ?
The United States Constitution.

West

Alright, I am going to ask, and I hate to do it.

I need some help over here.

Our unit came into the new buildings and we are picking up the pieces.  As such there are no real guides on what happened before we arrived, and no way to leave a guide for the people that are coming behind us.  We call them Continuity Folders.  It is a way to help the next unit out as much as possible.

So, I need the following, if anyone can help.

3-ring binders, 1 1/2 inches up to 3 inches.
Page protectors
3-ring dividers (with tabs if you can!)

Of course, the guys and gals over here always love candy, snacks, good coffee, and drink mixes!

Make sure you toss in Appleseed Flyers so that when I open the boxes they get inundated with AS goodness and love!

Thanks all,

techres

Quote from: West on March 17, 2011, 12:15:06 PM
Alright, I am going to ask, and I hate to do it.

I need some help over here.

Our unit came into the new buildings and we are picking up the pieces.  As such there are no real guides on what happened before we arrived, and no way to leave a guide for the people that are coming behind us.  We call them Continuity Folders.  It is a way to help the next unit out as much as possible.

So, I need the following, if anyone can help.

3-ring binders, 1 1/2 inches up to 3 inches.
Page protectors
3-ring dividers (with tabs if you can!)

Of course, the guys and gals over here always love candy, snacks, good coffee, and drink mixes!

Make sure you toss in Appleseed Flyers so that when I open the boxes they get inundated with AS goodness and love!

Thanks all,

ROGER!

PM's running now.  THose might be too large for the standard box (the binders, not the protectors), but we will figure it out.  Do need paper, zip lock bags, unscented babywipes, etc as well?

Procurement beginning,
Techres

EDIT TO ADD:  Supply coordination thread up in Indiana board:

http://appleseedinfo.org/smf/index.php?topic=21507.0
Appleseed: Bringing the Past into the Present to save our Future.