News:

We need volunteers in sales, marketing, PR, IT, and general "running of an organization." 
Maximize your Appleseed energy to make this program grow, and help fill the empty spots
on the firing line!  An hour of time spent at this level can have the impact of ten or a
hundred hours on the firing line.  Want to help? Send a PM to Monkey!

Main Menu

2011 Schedule notes

Started by jmdavis, January 07, 2011, 10:54:56 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jmdavis

Heading to Whitestone this weekend to look at a new possible venue. We are also looking good for getting a venue in Western Virginia (or at least as far West as Lynchburg). There's still more work to do on these.

Mike

"If a man does his best, what else is there?"  - General George S. Patton Jr

...We few, we happy few, we band of brothers;
  For he to-day that sheds his blood with me
  Shall be my brother...-Shakespeare, Henry V

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."
- General George S. Patton, Jr

"Your body can't go where your mind hasn't been."
- Alex Arrieta 1995 NTI Winner

Old Dog

There's a thread in the hometown section (for VA) on arfcom asking about Appleseeds in VA for 2011.  People are wondering where/when the Appleseeds will be this year.
"The rifle itself has no moral stature, since it has no will of its own. Naturally, it may be used by evil men for evil purposes, but there are more good men than evil, and while the latter cannot be persuaded to the path of righteousness by propaganda, they can certainly be corrected by good men with rifles."

—Jeff Cooper, The Art of the Rifle

sashok.privetov

Yes, I want to do appleseeds in VA! 

VA appleseeds for the masses!
The people demand VA appleseeds!   ~~:)
There is a saying in Russia, a notion really--Texan Politeness:
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

This message was sent with 100% recycled electrons.

jmdavis

Quote from: sashok.privetov on February 08, 2011, 02:03:13 PM
Yes, I want to do appleseeds in VA! 

VA appleseeds for the masses!
The people demand VA appleseeds!   ~~:)

OK, OK Commissar. The first batch will be out tomorrow. :-)

Hey, I might make you a Commissar.  :---

Mike

"There's a great deal of talk about loyalty from the bottom to the top. Loyalty from the top down is even more necessary and is much less prevalent. One of the most frequently noted characteristics of great men who have remained great is loyalty to their subordinates."

jmdavis

It may be a couple of days before these are on the schedule. I need to redo the paperwork for the new year.

Buckingham dates:

April 16-17

July 16-17

Sept. 10-11

Nov. 12 -13

VA Beach:

I have not heard back and will be calling to follow up this afternoon. Preliminarily I have requested April 16-17 as well as dates in June, Aug, and Oct.

Cavalier:

I have an in person meeting with them this weekend. The dates that I will be looking for are May, July, October, and December

June 11-12

August 20-21

October 8-9

Mechanicsville. Dec. 3-4. 2011

Rappahanock Pistol and Rifle Club: met this weekend to discuss an August date in Whitestone, VA. They have decided not to do an Appleseed. It was a long shot anyway since it would be the first non-club event there ever. We told them to let us know if they changed their minds.

Editing by jmdavis 12 May 2011 to add Black Creek (Mechanicsville) date.

sashok.privetov

Glory, Glory Hallelujah!

Not even a year passed by.     ::)    ^:)^
If you know that everyone around you has a gun, and everyone around you knows that you have a gun, everyone is very polite to each other.

Timid men prefer the calm of despotism to the tempestuous sea of liberty.  --Thomas Jefferson

jmdavis

Cavalier dates confirmed by their board today.

June 11-12
August 20-21
October 8-9

We tried for a July date but that didn't work due to range work at the club. This schedule will necessitate moving the June 18-19 Buckingham shoot to July. I thinking of July 16-17.

We should have more word on Mechanicville this week. We may be able to get one or two more dates there as an event or two looks like it will be cancelled. The likely Mechanicsville schedule will be May, Sept, Dec. More info as I have it. But things are moving fast now. We have also been contacted by the group that had the private Appleseed last October and we think that they are willing to have a public AS at a date yet to be scheduled.

Mike

sashok.privetov

Quote from: jmdavis on February 08, 2011, 05:01:31 PM

Mike

Would that require political work with untrustworthy instructors and dispatches to the mother range?

jmdavis

Quote from: sashok.privetov on February 14, 2011, 12:28:24 PM
Quote from: jmdavis on February 08, 2011, 05:01:31 PM

Mike

Would that require political work with untrustworthy instructors and dispatches to the mother range?

Perhaps, do you like report writing?  ;D

sashok.privetov

Quote from: jmdavis on February 14, 2011, 12:32:28 PM
do you like report writing?  ;D

only about the executions carried out.  why do you ask?

jmdavis

Quote from: sashok.privetov on February 14, 2011, 09:36:22 PM
Quote from: jmdavis on February 14, 2011, 12:32:28 PM
do you like report writing?  ;D

only about the executions carried out.  why do you ask?

Let's not document those. I think that Papa Joe doesn't like it when our records are too good.

I remember reading an account of a woman Russian sniper in WWII. I think that she was credited with over 200 kills. She referred to the Germans as sticks. And the act of sniping as breaking sticks. Anyway... Have a good one.

Mike

sashok.privetov

Is any of this making it to the website?

"No shoots were found for Virginia. Please try another state close by."

I can't even send anyone to register!  This is some BS!  USSR was better!    &)    ~~:)     :cool2:    ^-^

jmdavis

Quote from: sashok.privetov on February 16, 2011, 07:31:02 PM
Is any of this making it to the website?

"No shoots were found for Virginia. Please try another state close by."

I can't even send anyone to register!  This is some BS!  USSR was better!    &)    ~~:)     :cool2:    ^-^

Relax Commissar, it should be on Eventbrite soon.

crashkid2k

April is a nice time of year for Buckingham!  July, though...

Cavalier in October will be awesome; count me in when it hits the schedule.

jmdavis

We have a VA Beach shoot scheduled for April 16-17 as of today. I will try to get it on the schedule ASAP but it may take a day or two.

I had hoped for 4 events at VA Beach but we will have to see how things work out. They have a very full schedule for .gov and .navy this year. But I do think that we will be able to get at least one more date there. Updates as they occur.

Mike

Dan0076

Hi Mike,

I must of missed the Va. Beach dates on the schedule for this past weekend.  Hopefully there will be more dates as that is fairly close to me.  Although I was already considering driving to Buckingham.